Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer - Noir

Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer - Noir
Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer - NoirExaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer - Noir

3.9

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, MICROCRISTALLINA CERA/MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRYSTALLINE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, MYRISTYL LACTATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, C30-45 ALKYL CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, MYRISTYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, ISOBUTYLPHENOXY EPOXY RESIN, PROPYLPARABEN, POLYURETHANE-11, TOCOPHEROL, LECITHIN, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SILICATE, TIN OXIDE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, CITRIC ACID. [May Contain/Peut Contenir /+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CARMINE (CI 75470), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), D&C BLACK NO. 2 (CI 77266), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 19140), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 42090), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), MICA, ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), ALUMINUM POWDER (CI 77000), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) FD&C YELLOW NO. 5 (CI 19140)].

on 9/12/2016 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I hate it when I give a product that is supposedly really good a bad review on makeupalley. I hate being the only one sort of bringing it down. I didn't hate this eyeliner, but I didn't love it either, which is why I gave it three stars.

Points for: being long lasting. It literally lasts for more than 8 hours. I never had to worry about it fading when I had it on. Even when I apply it to my waterline it wouldn't wear off.

Why I didn't like it: it was not easy to apply. I found it hard to create precise lines with it. Making a wing was not easy either. Moreover, I was shocked that people found it creamy. I found it too dry! It tugged at my eyelid and didn't apply smoothly. I couldn't draw a single line, it had to be in sort of "patches" and then connected together. Filling in a wing was just as difficult. And as I said earlier, I couldn't bring it to a fine point as the tip of the eyeliner is too rounded and flat. You can imagine it took longer to use this than other products (this is probably what converted me to liquid liners, haha).

Maybe I should have tried warming it up somehow? I did chop off the top once to see if it was just the top bit that was dry, but alas, that did nothing.

In the end I gave it to my mum. I only use liquid liners these days. Wish I could give it a rave review, but it just wasn't for me!

on 9/6/2016 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product was very disappointing because I liked it a lot the first week. I bought it to use just on the roots of my pale eyelashes to make them look thicker, and it did work really well. The problem began when I sharpened it. I've sharpened eye pencils many times and it works best to put both the sharpener,if separate, and the pencil in the refrigerator for a few hours. Even though it was cold and I was careful, the sharpener, which is on the end of the liner, broke the the entire tip including the plastic. Obviously, it was broken and because I had liked it initially I had thrown away the receipt! It did go on smoothly and would probably work well if you don't need a really thin line. I have learned from this experience! A photo may show the tip looking very pointed or narrow but this type of liner quickly loses the point and it's not easy to sharpen. I realize now that a felt-tip eyeliner would work better for what I want.

on 8/31/2016 12:14:00 AM

I have mixed feelings.

I have normal-oily lids so it stayed on the tops of my eyes pretty well. I used it in summer too and I usually sweat a lot and I'm even oilier, so I was happy there.

On my waterline up top it stayed for a few hours but after a while I would check it up in school and it transferred onto my bottom waterline but I could get away w it.
On my lower waterline, it's the same story, but I can't get away with it at all really.

It was very very creamy. The problem is since it's so creamy, it tends to get a bit messy when applying. Sometimes I close my eye shut when applying so the product would usually transfer -easily- to my bottom lashes. Quite annoying but it's creamy enough to wipe away.

if you want a wing I recommend you use a brush. I'm not really a winger girl so it was perfectly okay for me, but it also dries pretty fast so you better work quickly if you want that wing

on 6/23/2016 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Bought it for the sole purpose of using it on my waterline for everyday use & for swimming but it just weeps onto dark circles (and makes them worse!) within hours.

I like the packaging though because it's retractable, self-sharpening & has a sharpener & smudger.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It glides perfectly but it never last long. Maybe I should put eye primer before putting the liner on? It has smudger on the other side

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This eyeliner is inexpensive and great.
It stays on the waterline and is quite impressive!!
Definitely get this rimmel eyeliner (twist up) instead of the kohl (pencil you have to sharpen)

I think it's comparable to urban decay, stila, and other high end eyeliners.
It is very dark, longwearing, and soft. I really like how skinny it is, too.
I do think it's lacking in shades

on 4/3/2015 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

This is one of the best eyeliners I have used. I have oily lids and this is one of the very few eyeliners I can use without it smudging all over. I have tried so many it's embarrassing: Mac gels, stila waterproof, maybelline gels, L'oreal etc etc.
I am too time-deprived to sharpen these, I just use them on one side until they get pointy - sometimes they do go on a bit wider than I like, but I can wipe it down with an ear bud.

Also my skin has turned sensitive all of a sudden and this product does not cause any allergic reaction or rashes. So I have found my bestie!! Have repurchased and will continue to do so.

This is my favorite eyeliner!! I have repurchased it many times and I think I'm on my 4th one now? My only complaint is that it runs out really quickly if you sharpen it; it wastes the product. To fix this, I never sharpen it. I just put the messy line on and then make it smooth with makeup remover and a q-tip. The texture is really smooth and creamy, which is awesome because it goes on really easily. That is a bit of a problem though because after a few hours, it kind of like transfers to like the eye socket bone thingy. I don't know how to explain it. It isn't too much of a problem though because I can just wipe it off. Another review said that it is bad for contact users, but I don't really see that. I wear contacts and it doesn't flake off and bother me? Maybe we use it differently. I don't use it on my waterline or the top waterline (idk what that's called). I just line my top lid and it doesnt flake at all. Great eyeliner!

on 1/25/2015 8:14:00 PM

It's so creamy and easy to use, great for tightlining also. This has been my favorite pencil eyeliner for more than two years, I highly recommend it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Okay. Ive been using this type of eyeliner for a while and this is the only one I would buy repititively. I love the fact that it comes with a sharpener! Its staying power is good, it only smudges a teensy bit throughout the day. Sometimes itll flake, but only a bit so I dont mind. :). Its texture is smooth and creamy so with that comes a nice application.

EDIT: okay, so I finally decided to branch out and try other products, and I've found a product I love even more than this one. It's the annabelle eyeink. It's a liquid eyeliner. I really love the precision and ease of application of it :)