Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

3.3

great hydrater for your dried out lips. when my lips need moisture, I simply apply this stuff and well, the taste is yucky but with continuous use, it's amazing. your lips become so smooth, it's awesome.
love it for major hydration :) and only a buckkkkkkk!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this lips treatment is white and doesn't go on translucent you can still kinda see the white tint and it gets kinda chunky after a while of wearing it. And the taste is NASTY, dont lick your lips if your wearing this. But i do have to say that is does hydrate the my lips but i just not a fan of this one.

on 5/6/2010 12:46:00 PM

This was a waste of two dollars and fifty cents. This does nothing for my lips. I knew I should have stuck to my rose salve and aquaphor. This just coats my lips in a whitish lotion like substance. It doesnt really moisturize. I have to scrub it off along with a layer of skin the next morning. My lips do not feel any softer, smoother, less chapped etc. This is a pointless product IMO.

Wow I am so surprised about these terrible reviews! This is one of the best lip balms I have ever used. Yes, like another reviewer stated, it is white and thick but if you use the right amount you should have no trouble. I find it very hard to use pale/light pink lip products because they sink in to the grooves and cracks of my lips and just sit there, and this does not like most other similar products I've used (Blistex Medicated Ointment, I'm looking at you). It doesn't really have much of a color on my lips at all. But, the best thing is that it makes my lips feel incredibly soft and hydrated! I think this product has made my lips the softest they have ever been. If you want "kissable" lips, you have to try this product. It smells just like the Nivea Creme or whatever, and I don't LOVE the smell but its moisturizing properties are endless. I'm sorry to those that have had a bad experience with this product. For those who want to try it and are wary about it, look for coupons and buy it somewhere like Walgreens or Rite Aid that will take back used and opened cosmetics with a receipt.

on 8/2/2009 12:13:00 PM

I was surprised by the awful reviews--yes, it is white and creamy, but it doesn't look white on your lips unless you use way too much. I find it extremely moisturizing, and unlike most balms, you can still feel it on your lips long after you apply it. It also makes your lips look totally smooth and wrinkle-free. I love this stuff--apparently, a lot of people don't, because I got it at CVS today for .99 on clearance!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

OHHHHHMG, do not buy this crap!! It is so gross! I wanted to try out more of the lip care line from nivea since I really like the kiss of shimmer one that they have. This product is so horrible. It literally is like putting body lotion on your lips...disgusting! It's so thick and it doesn't absorb into your lips. It leaves this nasty layer of crap on your lips. I did give this product a good three tries and then I threw this piece ssssssssshhhhzzzzzz out!!!

on 4/21/2009 3:44:00 PM

Wow, I'm surprised at the past reviews for this product. This lip balm is the best I've ever used. I have constantly-dry lips, and have used everything from Kiehl's to Vaseline, but nothing hydrates my lips like this Nivea lip balm. I went the whole winter without dryness, and that's a big feat. I look forward to using it this summer, too. I hope they don't stop making it, it's hard to find, so I'm already stocking up!

on 2/24/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am a lip gloss, and lip moisturizer ADDICT. I usually keep 2-3 on hand at any given time. My fave of course is MAC's lip moisturizer

But every once in a while, I will check out a drug store brand to see if anything comes close to the moisturizing, oh so yummy smelling and tasting MAC lip conditioner.

I've been seeing the Nivea commercials and decided to try it.

In the immortal words of two of my favorite reviewers....

HATED IT!!!!!!

It didn't moisturize my lips AT ALL! They felt sorta like I put lotion on my lips. And the taste?!?!?! Why did it taste like I had just washed my lips with Ivory soap?!?!!?!?

This product is definintely TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!!

*Off to the MAC counter I go.....

on 12/27/2008 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It's Winter and ALL my skin including my lips are so dry. My lips are cracking and Carmex's "tingle" and SPF made my lips get bumps and scabby on the corners. (NOT cold sores/herpes)! It just made them worse. So I was browsing at the drug store and didn't want anything with spf or that Carmex or Blistex "tingle" so I tried this and immediately my lips did feel relief and moisturized. I've only used this for a day so I don't want to jump the gun and will edit when I use this for a week or 2.
I don't think this is the same as the SOS balm. The packaging is different, of course that could be new but there's no strong fragrance and no whiteness, so I think this may be a new formulation or a totally new product. I didn't see any other SOS lip care at the store. I will get a pic up asap.

Top Rated Lip Treatments