Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

3.5

on 1/21/2011 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this product. I would call it a lip cream - it's not really a balm or a gloss. It's almost like a lotion. I picked this up at Dollar Tree for a buck.
It healed my dry, flaky winter chapped lips in two days! The smell is not that bad. It's kind of lemon-ish. It's bearable.
I would buy this again - in fact I already have, I just bought 3 backups today! Stock up on these if you see them at your dollar store or drugstore.

I keep this in my makeup drawer and apply when I get out of the shower, while I'm doing my makeup in the morning. I feel like it is "lotion for my lips" more than a balm that I'd use if I had chapped lips - I like more minty or menthol products for that, like Chapstick Medicated or Burts Bees. Anyway, for what it is (to me) it does a good job - nice consistency, no offensive smell, good packaging and seems to really
"sink in" and moisturize for me. I still need to apply lip balms once I get out into the freezing cold weather, but if I lost this tube I'd probably get another one. Also, as far as the taste - I never buy lip products that taste like anything, because I think it encourages you to lick your lips, which of course just dries them out and makes up apply more product! Just my two cents.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh, wow. This is definitely my new HG lip-care-product. It's inexpensive, moisturizing, lasts a long time on my lips, and definitely offers great relief; especially if you leave it on overnight. It's amazing. A bit of a lotion-y smell, as others have said, but it goes away within seconds of applying it. Plumps up my lips with moisture and it feels so, so good. I can't get enough of it. For under $5, this is the best lip-care 'gloss' I've ever owned. Will definitely repurchase.

on 7/18/2009 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have dry lips and end up with cold sores a couple times a year. I am a Chapstick Medicated girl. However, I came across this stuff when I was buying a couple tubes of Chapstick. I thought I would try it. This does nothing for me! It actually makes my lips itch! It does not moisturize. Once the product sinks into your lips, they feels dry. I still have it riding around in my car, but I need to throw it out. I will never buy another Nivea lip product again. Don't waste your money on this.

on 6/4/2009 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I was on the hunt for a moisturizing lip balm so I picked this up at CVS today. This has to be the worst lip balm I've ever used!

A Kiss of Relief comes in a small, white, slant-tip tube. It is sort of thick and opaque white in the tube, and unfortunately that how it looks on my lips too. It feels like there is a layer of wax on my lips which I find gross. The scent is sort of perfumey and chemically at the same time, and it tastes terrible if you happen to lick your lips.

There goes $3.50 into the trash can. I will never repurchase this crap.

on 12/27/2008 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It's Winter and ALL my skin including my lips are so dry. My lips are cracking and Carmex's "tingle" and SPF made my lips get bumps and scabby on the corners. (NOT cold sores/herpes)! It just made them worse. So I was browsing at the drug store and didn't want anything with spf or that Carmex or Blistex "tingle" so I tried this and immediately my lips did feel relief and moisturized. I've only used this for a day so I don't want to jump the gun and will edit when I use this for a week or 2.
I don't think this is the same as the SOS balm. The packaging is different, of course that could be new but there's no strong fragrance and no whiteness, so I think this may be a new formulation or a totally new product. I didn't see any other SOS lip care at the store. I will get a pic up asap.

Top Rated Lip Treatments