Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

4.2

I keep this in my makeup drawer and apply when I get out of the shower, while I'm doing my makeup in the morning. I feel like it is "lotion for my lips" more than a balm that I'd use if I had chapped lips - I like more minty or menthol products for that, like Chapstick Medicated or Burts Bees. Anyway, for what it is (to me) it does a good job - nice consistency, no offensive smell, good packaging and seems to really
"sink in" and moisturize for me. I still need to apply lip balms once I get out into the freezing cold weather, but if I lost this tube I'd probably get another one. Also, as far as the taste - I never buy lip products that taste like anything, because I think it encourages you to lick your lips, which of course just dries them out and makes up apply more product! Just my two cents.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this lips treatment is white and doesn't go on translucent you can still kinda see the white tint and it gets kinda chunky after a while of wearing it. And the taste is NASTY, dont lick your lips if your wearing this. But i do have to say that is does hydrate the my lips but i just not a fan of this one.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh, wow. This is definitely my new HG lip-care-product. It's inexpensive, moisturizing, lasts a long time on my lips, and definitely offers great relief; especially if you leave it on overnight. It's amazing. A bit of a lotion-y smell, as others have said, but it goes away within seconds of applying it. Plumps up my lips with moisture and it feels so, so good. I can't get enough of it. For under $5, this is the best lip-care 'gloss' I've ever owned. Will definitely repurchase.

I really like this balm. It's thick and super-moisturizing. It does smell lotiony, but I'm fine with that. I especially like to wear this to bed because it's super-thick and my lips feel so nice when I wake up. Sometimes my lips get really dry and this balm is a lifesaver. Definite re-purchase, Nivea makes the best lip balms ever.

I love this product. It is the only thing I have found that works for my dry chapped lips. But just like other reviewers have already said it is white/creamy/a little waxy feeling at times and can be a bit much if you use too much but just the right amount will do wonders for your chapped lips.Plus it's not that expensive around $4 at most stores around here.
--I think it is being discontinued. I can't find it anywhere now.

Wow I am so surprised about these terrible reviews! This is one of the best lip balms I have ever used. Yes, like another reviewer stated, it is white and thick but if you use the right amount you should have no trouble. I find it very hard to use pale/light pink lip products because they sink in to the grooves and cracks of my lips and just sit there, and this does not like most other similar products I've used (Blistex Medicated Ointment, I'm looking at you). It doesn't really have much of a color on my lips at all. But, the best thing is that it makes my lips feel incredibly soft and hydrated! I think this product has made my lips the softest they have ever been. If you want "kissable" lips, you have to try this product. It smells just like the Nivea Creme or whatever, and I don't LOVE the smell but its moisturizing properties are endless. I'm sorry to those that have had a bad experience with this product. For those who want to try it and are wary about it, look for coupons and buy it somewhere like Walgreens or Rite Aid that will take back used and opened cosmetics with a receipt.

I'm a bit taken aback at the negative reviews for this product. Yes, it is thick, white, etc. I have really, really, really bad chapped, dry, ALWAYS PEELING lips. I have tried most things under the sun for relief and this product is by far the best I've found. My lips are smooth, with NO peeling!!! I use Lip Care as more of a treatment, though, at night. I apply it liberally before going to bed, and I awake with beautiful soft lips--an absolute first for me. If you are looking for a miracle in a tube night time treatment for dry, scaly lips, this is for you.

on 8/2/2009 12:13:00 PM

I was surprised by the awful reviews--yes, it is white and creamy, but it doesn't look white on your lips unless you use way too much. I find it extremely moisturizing, and unlike most balms, you can still feel it on your lips long after you apply it. It also makes your lips look totally smooth and wrinkle-free. I love this stuff--apparently, a lot of people don't, because I got it at CVS today for .99 on clearance!

on 4/21/2009 3:44:00 PM

Wow, I'm surprised at the past reviews for this product. This lip balm is the best I've ever used. I have constantly-dry lips, and have used everything from Kiehl's to Vaseline, but nothing hydrates my lips like this Nivea lip balm. I went the whole winter without dryness, and that's a big feat. I look forward to using it this summer, too. I hope they don't stop making it, it's hard to find, so I'm already stocking up!

on 3/5/2009 4:18:00 PM

This lip product comes in a small squeeze tube with a slant tip applicator. That's the only positive thing I can say. YUCK! You might as well put hand cream on your lips, because that is what this seems like. Chemical smell and taste. Gives lips a whitish ghostly appearance, like an SPF product would, yet there is no SPF in this. (Due to the whiteness and no SPF, this really should only be used at night.) Moisturizing ability is average. Don't waste your money on this. Yuck, yuck, yuck.