Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

3.4

on 1/21/2011 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this product. I would call it a lip cream - it's not really a balm or a gloss. It's almost like a lotion. I picked this up at Dollar Tree for a buck.
It healed my dry, flaky winter chapped lips in two days! The smell is not that bad. It's kind of lemon-ish. It's bearable.
I would buy this again - in fact I already have, I just bought 3 backups today! Stock up on these if you see them at your dollar store or drugstore.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh, wow. This is definitely my new HG lip-care-product. It's inexpensive, moisturizing, lasts a long time on my lips, and definitely offers great relief; especially if you leave it on overnight. It's amazing. A bit of a lotion-y smell, as others have said, but it goes away within seconds of applying it. Plumps up my lips with moisture and it feels so, so good. I can't get enough of it. For under $5, this is the best lip-care 'gloss' I've ever owned. Will definitely repurchase.

I love this product. It is the only thing I have found that works for my dry chapped lips. But just like other reviewers have already said it is white/creamy/a little waxy feeling at times and can be a bit much if you use too much but just the right amount will do wonders for your chapped lips.Plus it's not that expensive around $4 at most stores around here.
--I think it is being discontinued. I can't find it anywhere now.

Wow I am so surprised about these terrible reviews! This is one of the best lip balms I have ever used. Yes, like another reviewer stated, it is white and thick but if you use the right amount you should have no trouble. I find it very hard to use pale/light pink lip products because they sink in to the grooves and cracks of my lips and just sit there, and this does not like most other similar products I've used (Blistex Medicated Ointment, I'm looking at you). It doesn't really have much of a color on my lips at all. But, the best thing is that it makes my lips feel incredibly soft and hydrated! I think this product has made my lips the softest they have ever been. If you want "kissable" lips, you have to try this product. It smells just like the Nivea Creme or whatever, and I don't LOVE the smell but its moisturizing properties are endless. I'm sorry to those that have had a bad experience with this product. For those who want to try it and are wary about it, look for coupons and buy it somewhere like Walgreens or Rite Aid that will take back used and opened cosmetics with a receipt.

I'm a bit taken aback at the negative reviews for this product. Yes, it is thick, white, etc. I have really, really, really bad chapped, dry, ALWAYS PEELING lips. I have tried most things under the sun for relief and this product is by far the best I've found. My lips are smooth, with NO peeling!!! I use Lip Care as more of a treatment, though, at night. I apply it liberally before going to bed, and I awake with beautiful soft lips--an absolute first for me. If you are looking for a miracle in a tube night time treatment for dry, scaly lips, this is for you.

on 8/2/2009 12:13:00 PM

I was surprised by the awful reviews--yes, it is white and creamy, but it doesn't look white on your lips unless you use way too much. I find it extremely moisturizing, and unlike most balms, you can still feel it on your lips long after you apply it. It also makes your lips look totally smooth and wrinkle-free. I love this stuff--apparently, a lot of people don't, because I got it at CVS today for .99 on clearance!

on 4/21/2009 3:44:00 PM

Wow, I'm surprised at the past reviews for this product. This lip balm is the best I've ever used. I have constantly-dry lips, and have used everything from Kiehl's to Vaseline, but nothing hydrates my lips like this Nivea lip balm. I went the whole winter without dryness, and that's a big feat. I look forward to using it this summer, too. I hope they don't stop making it, it's hard to find, so I'm already stocking up!

on 12/27/2008 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It's Winter and ALL my skin including my lips are so dry. My lips are cracking and Carmex's "tingle" and SPF made my lips get bumps and scabby on the corners. (NOT cold sores/herpes)! It just made them worse. So I was browsing at the drug store and didn't want anything with spf or that Carmex or Blistex "tingle" so I tried this and immediately my lips did feel relief and moisturized. I've only used this for a day so I don't want to jump the gun and will edit when I use this for a week or 2.
I don't think this is the same as the SOS balm. The packaging is different, of course that could be new but there's no strong fragrance and no whiteness, so I think this may be a new formulation or a totally new product. I didn't see any other SOS lip care at the store. I will get a pic up asap.

on 4/20/2012 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is by far my favorite lip balm for dry, chapped lips or just to use every night before bed to keep the lips well cared for. It's very hydrating without being overly shiny so men can use this as well. It seems to last forever as you use so little of it and there is a good amount of it. It's cheap as dirt and I swear is even better than Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 which has a "cult" following and has had for quite some many years. It comes in a convenient tube w/cap and the applicator is slanted for ease of application. I've a friend who was in Germany this past winter and he told me he must have seen 50 men and women pulling this out of their pockets/purses and applying it in the steets, on the piublic transports and in stores, just everywhere. It seems to be a staple for most everyone in Germany. Highly Recommended!

on 6/10/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

picked this up on a whim at the Dollar Store and i've just grown to adore it. i've been a nightime Carmex (in the pot only) user since i was 14, but i have to say that after another fourteen years, i've finally found something i like better for overnight lip conditioning. this comes in a little tube with a screw on lid, tastes oddly sweet, and is kind of opaque white in color, but once you smooth it onto your lips it really goes to work softening and hydrating them. i usually put a thick layer on while i'm in bed reading, let that one soak in completely, and then right before i turn the lights out i add another thick layer and let it just sit there without mashing my lips together to encourage it to soak in. the point being, i want to leave a heavy coat of it on there overnight to protect my lips from the dry, parching Pacific Northwestern air. when i wake up in the morning, i can still feel remnants of the product on my lips, and i head into the bathroom where i exfoliate my lips with some warm water and an exfoliating glove to get rid of all the flakies. after that, i'm left with super smooth, soft, plump lips that are completely transformed from the dry lips i went to bed with. great product, great price (one dollar!), and i'd be willing to pay more if i could only find it at a regular grocery store or Walgreen's type store. if you see this at the Dollar Store, definitely pick up a tube and try it out, you won't be disappointed.