NIVEA A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

NIVEA A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

3.4

on 7/18/2009 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have dry lips and end up with cold sores a couple times a year. I am a Chapstick Medicated girl. However, I came across this stuff when I was buying a couple tubes of Chapstick. I thought I would try it. This does nothing for me! It actually makes my lips itch! It does not moisturize. Once the product sinks into your lips, they feels dry. I still have it riding around in my car, but I need to throw it out. I will never buy another Nivea lip product again. Don't waste your money on this.

on 6/4/2009 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I was on the hunt for a moisturizing lip balm so I picked this up at CVS today. This has to be the worst lip balm I've ever used!

A Kiss of Relief comes in a small, white, slant-tip tube. It is sort of thick and opaque white in the tube, and unfortunately that how it looks on my lips too. It feels like there is a layer of wax on my lips which I find gross. The scent is sort of perfumey and chemically at the same time, and it tastes terrible if you happen to lick your lips.

There goes $3.50 into the trash can. I will never repurchase this crap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

OHHHHHMG, do not buy this crap!! It is so gross! I wanted to try out more of the lip care line from nivea since I really like the kiss of shimmer one that they have. This product is so horrible. It literally is like putting body lotion on your lips...disgusting! It's so thick and it doesn't absorb into your lips. It leaves this nasty layer of crap on your lips. I did give this product a good three tries and then I threw this piece ssssssssshhhhzzzzzz out!!!

on 3/5/2009 4:18:00 PM

This lip product comes in a small squeeze tube with a slant tip applicator. That's the only positive thing I can say. YUCK! You might as well put hand cream on your lips, because that is what this seems like. Chemical smell and taste. Gives lips a whitish ghostly appearance, like an SPF product would, yet there is no SPF in this. (Due to the whiteness and no SPF, this really should only be used at night.) Moisturizing ability is average. Don't waste your money on this. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

on 2/24/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am a lip gloss, and lip moisturizer ADDICT. I usually keep 2-3 on hand at any given time. My fave of course is MAC's lip moisturizer

But every once in a while, I will check out a drug store brand to see if anything comes close to the moisturizing, oh so yummy smelling and tasting MAC lip conditioner.

I've been seeing the Nivea commercials and decided to try it.

In the immortal words of two of my favorite reviewers....

HATED IT!!!!!!

It didn't moisturize my lips AT ALL! They felt sorta like I put lotion on my lips. And the taste?!?!?! Why did it taste like I had just washed my lips with Ivory soap?!?!!?!?

This product is definintely TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!!

*Off to the MAC counter I go.....

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this lips treatment is white and doesn't go on translucent you can still kinda see the white tint and it gets kinda chunky after a while of wearing it. And the taste is NASTY, dont lick your lips if your wearing this. But i do have to say that is does hydrate the my lips but i just not a fan of this one.

on 5/6/2010 12:46:00 PM

This was a waste of two dollars and fifty cents. This does nothing for my lips. I knew I should have stuck to my rose salve and aquaphor. This just coats my lips in a whitish lotion like substance. It doesnt really moisturize. I have to scrub it off along with a layer of skin the next morning. My lips do not feel any softer, smoother, less chapped etc. This is a pointless product IMO.

on 11/28/2009 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's true, it tastes horrible. I can't ever seem to get past that, so I can't comment too much about the actual properties of the balm itself. I've been using it on my daughter's lip, where she has a bit of a sore and it works well for that purpose. I prefer their Kiss of Moisture in the light blue tube; stocked up today at CVS for $.99/each!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I saw this product at the dollar store and was looking for chap stick. When I came across this I figured I should try it since it is a name-brand. I really like the packaging--it reminds me of a tube of lip gloss. I didn't like the taste---but that's not the reason I bought it anyways. I bought it because I wanted to relieve my chapped lips and I felt like it did just that...nothing more. I gave this 3 lippies because it did what I wanted it to do, but nothing more. I recommend it, however I would not buy it again because I would rather have something more soothing on my lips.

on 4/20/2012 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is by far my favorite lip balm for dry, chapped lips or just to use every night before bed to keep the lips well cared for. It's very hydrating without being overly shiny so men can use this as well. It seems to last forever as you use so little of it and there is a good amount of it. It's cheap as dirt and I swear is even better than Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 which has a "cult" following and has had for quite some many years. It comes in a convenient tube w/cap and the applicator is slanted for ease of application. I've a friend who was in Germany this past winter and he told me he must have seen 50 men and women pulling this out of their pockets/purses and applying it in the steets, on the piublic transports and in stores, just everywhere. It seems to be a staple for most everyone in Germany. Highly Recommended!

Top Rated Lip Treatments