Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

OHHHHHMG, do not buy this crap!! It is so gross! I wanted to try out more of the lip care line from nivea since I really like the kiss of shimmer one that they have. This product is so horrible. It literally is like putting body lotion on your lips...disgusting! It's so thick and it doesn't absorb into your lips. It leaves this nasty layer of crap on your lips. I did give this product a good three tries and then I threw this piece ssssssssshhhhzzzzzz out!!!

on 2/24/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am a lip gloss, and lip moisturizer ADDICT. I usually keep 2-3 on hand at any given time. My fave of course is MAC's lip moisturizer

But every once in a while, I will check out a drug store brand to see if anything comes close to the moisturizing, oh so yummy smelling and tasting MAC lip conditioner.

I've been seeing the Nivea commercials and decided to try it.

In the immortal words of two of my favorite reviewers....

HATED IT!!!!!!

It didn't moisturize my lips AT ALL! They felt sorta like I put lotion on my lips. And the taste?!?!?! Why did it taste like I had just washed my lips with Ivory soap?!?!!?!?

This product is definintely TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!!

*Off to the MAC counter I go.....

on 12/27/2008 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It's Winter and ALL my skin including my lips are so dry. My lips are cracking and Carmex's "tingle" and SPF made my lips get bumps and scabby on the corners. (NOT cold sores/herpes)! It just made them worse. So I was browsing at the drug store and didn't want anything with spf or that Carmex or Blistex "tingle" so I tried this and immediately my lips did feel relief and moisturized. I've only used this for a day so I don't want to jump the gun and will edit when I use this for a week or 2.
I don't think this is the same as the SOS balm. The packaging is different, of course that could be new but there's no strong fragrance and no whiteness, so I think this may be a new formulation or a totally new product. I didn't see any other SOS lip care at the store. I will get a pic up asap.

Wow I am so surprised about these terrible reviews! This is one of the best lip balms I have ever used. Yes, like another reviewer stated, it is white and thick but if you use the right amount you should have no trouble. I find it very hard to use pale/light pink lip products because they sink in to the grooves and cracks of my lips and just sit there, and this does not like most other similar products I've used (Blistex Medicated Ointment, I'm looking at you). It doesn't really have much of a color on my lips at all. But, the best thing is that it makes my lips feel incredibly soft and hydrated! I think this product has made my lips the softest they have ever been. If you want "kissable" lips, you have to try this product. It smells just like the Nivea Creme or whatever, and I don't LOVE the smell but its moisturizing properties are endless. I'm sorry to those that have had a bad experience with this product. For those who want to try it and are wary about it, look for coupons and buy it somewhere like Walgreens or Rite Aid that will take back used and opened cosmetics with a receipt.

on 6/4/2009 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I was on the hunt for a moisturizing lip balm so I picked this up at CVS today. This has to be the worst lip balm I've ever used!

A Kiss of Relief comes in a small, white, slant-tip tube. It is sort of thick and opaque white in the tube, and unfortunately that how it looks on my lips too. It feels like there is a layer of wax on my lips which I find gross. The scent is sort of perfumey and chemically at the same time, and it tastes terrible if you happen to lick your lips.

There goes $3.50 into the trash can. I will never repurchase this crap.

on 4/21/2009 3:44:00 PM

Wow, I'm surprised at the past reviews for this product. This lip balm is the best I've ever used. I have constantly-dry lips, and have used everything from Kiehl's to Vaseline, but nothing hydrates my lips like this Nivea lip balm. I went the whole winter without dryness, and that's a big feat. I look forward to using it this summer, too. I hope they don't stop making it, it's hard to find, so I'm already stocking up!

I keep this in my makeup drawer and apply when I get out of the shower, while I'm doing my makeup in the morning. I feel like it is "lotion for my lips" more than a balm that I'd use if I had chapped lips - I like more minty or menthol products for that, like Chapstick Medicated or Burts Bees. Anyway, for what it is (to me) it does a good job - nice consistency, no offensive smell, good packaging and seems to really
"sink in" and moisturize for me. I still need to apply lip balms once I get out into the freezing cold weather, but if I lost this tube I'd probably get another one. Also, as far as the taste - I never buy lip products that taste like anything, because I think it encourages you to lick your lips, which of course just dries them out and makes up apply more product! Just my two cents.

on 3/5/2009 4:18:00 PM

This lip product comes in a small squeeze tube with a slant tip applicator. That's the only positive thing I can say. YUCK! You might as well put hand cream on your lips, because that is what this seems like. Chemical smell and taste. Gives lips a whitish ghostly appearance, like an SPF product would, yet there is no SPF in this. (Due to the whiteness and no SPF, this really should only be used at night.) Moisturizing ability is average. Don't waste your money on this. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

on 4/20/2012 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is by far my favorite lip balm for dry, chapped lips or just to use every night before bed to keep the lips well cared for. It's very hydrating without being overly shiny so men can use this as well. It seems to last forever as you use so little of it and there is a good amount of it. It's cheap as dirt and I swear is even better than Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 which has a "cult" following and has had for quite some many years. It comes in a convenient tube w/cap and the applicator is slanted for ease of application. I've a friend who was in Germany this past winter and he told me he must have seen 50 men and women pulling this out of their pockets/purses and applying it in the steets, on the piublic transports and in stores, just everywhere. It seems to be a staple for most everyone in Germany. Highly Recommended!

on 6/10/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

picked this up on a whim at the Dollar Store and i've just grown to adore it. i've been a nightime Carmex (in the pot only) user since i was 14, but i have to say that after another fourteen years, i've finally found something i like better for overnight lip conditioning. this comes in a little tube with a screw on lid, tastes oddly sweet, and is kind of opaque white in color, but once you smooth it onto your lips it really goes to work softening and hydrating them. i usually put a thick layer on while i'm in bed reading, let that one soak in completely, and then right before i turn the lights out i add another thick layer and let it just sit there without mashing my lips together to encourage it to soak in. the point being, i want to leave a heavy coat of it on there overnight to protect my lips from the dry, parching Pacific Northwestern air. when i wake up in the morning, i can still feel remnants of the product on my lips, and i head into the bathroom where i exfoliate my lips with some warm water and an exfoliating glove to get rid of all the flakies. after that, i'm left with super smooth, soft, plump lips that are completely transformed from the dry lips i went to bed with. great product, great price (one dollar!), and i'd be willing to pay more if i could only find it at a regular grocery store or Walgreen's type store. if you see this at the Dollar Store, definitely pick up a tube and try it out, you won't be disappointed.

Top Rated Lip Treatments