Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/10/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

picked this up on a whim at the Dollar Store and i've just grown to adore it. i've been a nightime Carmex (in the pot only) user since i was 14, but i have to say that after another fourteen years, i've finally found something i like better for overnight lip conditioning. this comes in a little tube with a screw on lid, tastes oddly sweet, and is kind of opaque white in color, but once you smooth it onto your lips it really goes to work softening and hydrating them. i usually put a thick layer on while i'm in bed reading, let that one soak in completely, and then right before i turn the lights out i add another thick layer and let it just sit there without mashing my lips together to encourage it to soak in. the point being, i want to leave a heavy coat of it on there overnight to protect my lips from the dry, parching Pacific Northwestern air. when i wake up in the morning, i can still feel remnants of the product on my lips, and i head into the bathroom where i exfoliate my lips with some warm water and an exfoliating glove to get rid of all the flakies. after that, i'm left with super smooth, soft, plump lips that are completely transformed from the dry lips i went to bed with. great product, great price (one dollar!), and i'd be willing to pay more if i could only find it at a regular grocery store or Walgreen's type store. if you see this at the Dollar Store, definitely pick up a tube and try it out, you won't be disappointed.

I keep this in my makeup drawer and apply when I get out of the shower, while I'm doing my makeup in the morning. I feel like it is "lotion for my lips" more than a balm that I'd use if I had chapped lips - I like more minty or menthol products for that, like Chapstick Medicated or Burts Bees. Anyway, for what it is (to me) it does a good job - nice consistency, no offensive smell, good packaging and seems to really
"sink in" and moisturize for me. I still need to apply lip balms once I get out into the freezing cold weather, but if I lost this tube I'd probably get another one. Also, as far as the taste - I never buy lip products that taste like anything, because I think it encourages you to lick your lips, which of course just dries them out and makes up apply more product! Just my two cents.

I really like this balm. It's thick and super-moisturizing. It does smell lotiony, but I'm fine with that. I especially like to wear this to bed because it's super-thick and my lips feel so nice when I wake up. Sometimes my lips get really dry and this balm is a lifesaver. Definite re-purchase, Nivea makes the best lip balms ever.

on 7/18/2009 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow, I guess I'm one of the few to like this product!

It does feel like lotion on my lips, a bit, but I found it to moisturize pretty well and it doesn't sting like Carmex or any of those medicated balms. It cleared up some cracked dry skin on my lips pretty quickly. It tastes/smells a little weird, like Nivea cream, but it's not bad once it soaks in. I like it for actually moisturizing and not just coating my lips.

on 7/18/2009 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have dry lips and end up with cold sores a couple times a year. I am a Chapstick Medicated girl. However, I came across this stuff when I was buying a couple tubes of Chapstick. I thought I would try it. This does nothing for me! It actually makes my lips itch! It does not moisturize. Once the product sinks into your lips, they feels dry. I still have it riding around in my car, but I need to throw it out. I will never buy another Nivea lip product again. Don't waste your money on this.

on 12/27/2008 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It's Winter and ALL my skin including my lips are so dry. My lips are cracking and Carmex's "tingle" and SPF made my lips get bumps and scabby on the corners. (NOT cold sores/herpes)! It just made them worse. So I was browsing at the drug store and didn't want anything with spf or that Carmex or Blistex "tingle" so I tried this and immediately my lips did feel relief and moisturized. I've only used this for a day so I don't want to jump the gun and will edit when I use this for a week or 2.
I don't think this is the same as the SOS balm. The packaging is different, of course that could be new but there's no strong fragrance and no whiteness, so I think this may be a new formulation or a totally new product. I didn't see any other SOS lip care at the store. I will get a pic up asap.

Top Rated Lip Treatments