Chanel Glossimer - Wild Rose 119

No Image

4.5

I really wish I did not love this product so much, given the $30 price tag, but it's true -- Chanel lip glosses are the best! Wild Rose is an MLBB color for me -- a rosy, mauve color with just a little shimmer. Natural looking, but with a bit more oomph -- perfect for me. Every once in a while, I try to be sensible and find a less pricey gloss, but I only end up with yet another half-used drugstore brand that I have no desire to continue using. The Chanel glosses have better than average longevity, about 4 hours. You can do some light eating and drinking without the gloss totally disappearing on you.

on 8/29/2014 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Beautiful mauvey-pink. I love this colour. It is also not at all sticky or uncomfortable. I have not found a better colour in a lip gloss for my colouring (pale mediterranean skin, blue eyes, medium brown hair).

on 5/27/2013 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I decided I wanted to take a break from my usual nude lip glosses and try something different. I was looking for a vibrant rose color so when I saw Wild Rose at the Chanel counter, I fell instantly in love. The color is true to its name - it's a lovely plummy/rose color with silver micro glitter. Like all glossimers, it's highly pigmented and has just the right amount of stickiness. I ended up returning this glossimer though because it's just not something I would reach for very often. I just prefer more muted glosses and this is the opposite of that. I would still highly recommend this though (if you'd like to splurge). It's a beautiful gloss and could work on a range of skin tones. I'm NW 50 for reference.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Wild Rose 119 is a permanent shade in Chanel's Glossimer line that I had been considering purchasing for a while, but never got a chance to try it in store. So glad I took a chance and purchased online. The current retail price is $29.50.
Chanel Glossimers are my favorite lip glosses because of their texture and staying power. A lot of glosses cause a thin white line of.... gunk to form around the inside of my lips (those who have experienced the same problem will know exactly what I'm talking about). I've never experienced that issue while wearing a Glossimer.

About Me: Fair with warm yellow undertones (about an NC18 right now, only quite a bit more yellow toned). Very pigmented rosy red lips. Hazel eyes that look blue in daylight. Natural brunette currently dyed aubergine purple with a lot of deep red and copper highlights.

Color: In the tube, it's a light to medium muted mauve rose. In hand swatches, it's fairly well pigmented (between sheer and opaque, but leaning towards opaque). However, on the lips it's just so close to my natural lip color (albeit cooler toned) that it appears more on the sheer side. It would probably be more noticeable on someone with less pigmented lips.

Finish: Slight shimmer with tiny sparkles that flash green, pink, and silver. As far as Glossimers go, I would say the sparkle is set on 'medium' (for instance... about the same amount of sparkle as Pink Oyster, Amour, or Rose Dilemma, but much less than Charming, Iris, or Pailletes). I was concerned that this gloss would be creamy in appearance by the way it looked in the swatches I'd seen (I usually dislike creamy looking lip gloss), but instead it has sort of a half jelly / half cream appearance that I quite like. The sparkles are very subtle on the lips, but still noticeable.

Texture: Like most Glossimers, Wild Rose feels comfortable, moisturizing, and very slightly sticky. The sparkles can't be felt on the lips.

Wear Length: About 4 hours, which is average for Glossimers (my average for other mid to high-end glosses of similar texture is around 3).

Scent: Glossimers have no scent :)

Packaging: It's ok. The gloss does tend to get on the inside of the cap and around the screw top, so it can get a little bit messy, but not too bad (I've certainly seen much worse). Also, the finish wears off the gold band very quickly.

Bottom Line: Wonderful MLBB color with all the usual Glossimer attributes :) Will repurchase!

on 10/14/2011 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am à green eyed girl and indeed this is great. Quite natural stays on for some time. My favorite lip gloss and I have tried à lot. It does not taste funny or smell weird. Highly recommened for its colour, staying power and it is easy to apply. Will buy. Again for sure.

on 7/13/2011 1:03:00 PM

My first Chanel lipgloss. Very pretty colour, just adds a hint of colour to my lips. Feel so nice & smooth on the lips - not goopy or tacky at all.

on 5/15/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I thought this was going to be more mauvy/pink but on the lips its very sheer and not much color. It does last 3-4 hours but it wasnt the color i thought.

on 3/16/2011 3:46:00 PM

Try this glossimer with rouge coco's organdi rose lipstick.
Beautiful!

on 1/23/2011 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful pink/mauve colour! I love glosses with a little bit of sparkle. A little pricey for a gloss, however it's staying power out performs other glosses. Colour work well on my skin. All in all happy!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

To all that cant pull off nudes because they make you look muddy or just clash with your cool skin, this is the nude that has pink and mauve undertones that will look extremely sophisticated and classy.
I went to pick up Nakkar and tried this and was completely shocked that it worked on my very fair/cool skin. It really looks beautiful.
Like with all Chanel's glosses top notch quality for top notch price!
Im hooked on these babies I currently own 10, and plan to buy more.