3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

This is a nice clay, that doesn't dry out the skin very much. I feel it clean and great for acne-prone skin. I have all Caudalie products. I switched to Caudalie after having allergy from using Korean products.

About reviewer (192 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

6 months ago

Since Aveda discontinued their tourmaline mask a few years ago, this has replaced it in my mask line up. The mask comes out in a thick soft cream with no scent and applies easily across your face. Even though the name says Purifying mask, this is not a pore clearing clay mask that deeply cleans your skin. This is more of a nourishing/repairing mask that gently refreshes your skin, calms redness and leaves your skin feeling softer. I use this to relax and revitalize distressed skin before I follow with a sheet mask.

About reviewer (330 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

This did not absorb anything, it just sat on my face. Made no difference and took ages to dry. I like that slightly pulled clay mask feel for purifying mask and this did not do it. I would recommend you try before buying. I recently about a 3 pack of their masks and the moisturising one is probably the best, although not really worth the money. I feel freeman masks perform at the same level.

About reviewer (686 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2.0

6 years ago

I'm having the occasional hormonal breakout once a month. To fight it I got a few staple items I turn to like my Clarins oil & Caudalie foam cleanser. Alas, I haven't found a good purifying mask yet. This isn't doing the trick either. I'm leaving it on for about an hour or so (because, frankly, the suggested 10 minutes mean nothing) and the smell is heavenly (lavender!) but it isn't helping clearing up my skin. Doesn't work as an overnight spot treatment either. Some things just are not meant to be, I guess. I like the texture & scent but it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, so…. uh…. two lippies? I've ordered the Shiseido Purifying Mask to try next. We'll see how that goes. Granted, I won't repurchase the Caudalie one. Sorry. I'm a fan of the brand, afterall.

About reviewer (180 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

6 years ago

This is a terrible product, it's meant to purify and calm down irritation (or so I suppose, as it's a clay based mask), but it contains lavender oil which is a skin irritant. It broke me out and irritated my skin, had I realized it contained lavender oil I would never have spent my money on it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

2.0

7 years ago

Even though this product is meant to take off excess oil, I'm puzzled by the oily ingredients. It does nothing for my skin. I put it on my t-zone and sometimes my whole face and I do not feel/see a difference with this product. For the size you get it is a little pricey, I believe I paid forty bucks.According to my research grape extract does nothing for the skin (which is the basis of all Caudalie products). I will definitely not repurchase and be cautious if i want to buy Caudalie products.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

8 years ago

I've been using this for almost two years and still have some product left in the tube. I have stopped using it as a mask though and instead just spot treat my problem areas. But I can't stress how perfect it is as an overnight treatment! It really soothes blemishes and just seems to "know" what to do for every type of breakout I have whether it be a whitehead or occasional cystic pimple. And it amazes me how it manages to do this without drying or irritating my skin. The only minor issue I have is with it staying in place especially when I'm sleeping; it's not liquid at all but can sort of slide like a thick cream.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

8 years ago

This is okay, nothing great. Definitely overpriced for what it does..which is not a lot. Pros: works great as an overnight spot treatment, has a relaxing lavender smell, natural ingredients. Cons: way overpriced, didn't decongest my pores or make them appear smaller, didn't make any noticeable difference in the appearance of my skin. I'll use the rest of this since its nice but I won't be paying $35 again to use this just as a spot treatment.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I bought this in Paris last year when I was living there. My skin had gone crazy (dehydrated, spotty) due to stress, and my constant diet of baguette and pate, and a sales assistant in a pharmacy recommended this to me. On its own, it's not outstanding at all (and I'm not a fan of the lavender-ish smell). It's decent, and better than many cheaper brands, but when I wash it off, I'm not wowed. However, when mixed with aspirin, magic happens. I mix it up with 3 or 4 dispersible aspirin tablets that I've dissolved with a few drops of water, and leave it on for half an hour or so. It leaves my skin feeling very moisturised and looking radiant, and my spots' redness and size reduced. The effects are much better than when I use just aspirin on its own, as the mask binds it all together and stops the aspirin flaking off everywhere. Also, the amount of mask in the tube is quite large, and you don't need much of it to make it work this way (I still have my original tube). Would I pay the £18 it costs in the UK? Probably. I've tried mixing aspirin with a cheaper clay mask from Boots and the results weren't as impressive as when I used this (but they were still good). I know that this works and I don't want to waste any more money trying to find a cheaper alternative.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlack

3.0

9 years ago

I have to say, this is my first disapointment from Caudalie. Not just because the product was or seemed to be completely ineffective, but because I was really excited to use it. I attended an event at my local Murale, picked up my staple Caudalie serum, and received samples from the line (both from the Charity Swag Bag) and the Gift with Purchase Bonus from one of the MAs who turned me on to the line. I was thrilled to see this mask (along with the Deep Moisture one; which has been more effective) in the bag. My excitement quickly turned to disinterest when I used it after exfoliating with my HG Avene Gentle Scrub. Quite frankly, I have had $2 Pure Derm and Face Shop sheet masks that felt more effective. Perhaps I should've tried it with the Caudalie Buffing Cream, but I am skeptical that using this purely with other products from the line would make it any better. For one thing, it is very thin - definately not an old school clay type mask. It spread easily, and dried quickly. It did not have any noticeable smell the way a lot of Caudalie's Pulpe Vitaminee products have. After leaving on for the full 15 minutes, I rinsed it off. It had melted into my skin before rinsing (kind of like if you left a layer of soap on for a little longer, is the best way I can describe it), and I looked in the mirror. Nothing. I wasn't bright pink, but I certainly didn't look 'glowy.' My face didn't look or feel any plumper or more youthful. Same results the second and third time. I did not break out, but I didn't feel any less congested, my pores didn't look tightened. There was no noticable difference in my skin by the third usage; a week and a half between the first and third use. This might be nice for a pick me up, but $35 - IMO - is way too pricey for something that's just going to be relaxing and fun on a girl's night in. On the plus side, I did get three uses out of the sample tube (vs 1 out of the Moisture Mask sample tube), so it might even out price-wise. If it were in any way beneficial beyond just feeling nice, I might be more willing to splurge. In short? Save your money. For reference: I have normal-to-dry, sensitive skin with larger/dilated pores around my nose and inner cheeks. I also can experience redness, rashes, flakiness, and flare-ups with irritating products. I'm not particularly acne-prone (maybe the odd hormonal breakout along my jawline or chin) but a little clog prone around the dilated area. My skin is very easily dehyrdrated. I did use while PMS-ing, but did not find it broke me out or left me more clog-prone.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool