Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse

3.3

Ingredients for MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION: Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 6/18/2017 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this for around $8 at Target for my 12 year old who is just beginning to discover foundation and wants liquid. She seemed to like it and it matched her skin tone - a bit too light but the next shade darker was way too dark and read orange.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Okay I'm amazed about this foundation, my skin is normal to combo and I have large pores. This did blur most of them and made my face look naturally smooth plus I figured with the primer I was using (Benifit poreless primer) I'm happy with the results. If you have oily skin don't get this it will be a disaster, obviously it doesn't dry matte but like a velvet.

on 3/1/2017 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Don't even think about buying this one if you have oily skin. It ain't for us, lol.

on 2/16/2017 3:16:00 PM

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I bought this after reading Paula's glowing review of it in her book, "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" because her reviews are usually pretty spot on. I have very annoying skin that gets super oily in the summer, and becomes more combination in the colder months, so I thought this might be a good winter foundation. Meh, well I liked it at first, meaning when I first put it on. Initially it has a nice, semi matte finish. Unfortunately it seemed to make me look somewhat orange (i may have just bought the wrong color though) and the worst part was how GREASY it made my skin after just an hour or so (the semi-matte finish is very short lived, at least on oily skin.) I would recommend it for normal to dry skin, I guess... the only problem being that it does highlight dry patches so moisturize/exfoliate first. I don't think I'll buy it again unless my complexion gets super super dry later this winter and then I'll need a lighter color.

UPDATE:
So I decided to try this foundation again in the colder months since it's an inexpensive foundation that can easily be found at the drugstore. I bought it in the lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory) which was a perfect match for my fair fall/winter complexion and the finish was great. However, when I looked in the mirror after a couple of hours it had oxidized to an unflattering shade of pinkish orange. WHY do so many foundations oxidize? In addition, it made my combination skin - that gets somewhat dry in the winter, especially when I'm using anti-acne products, which I have been - extra greasy. Defiantly needs a mattifier underneath. I think it may be causing acne, also. Found a perfect match with MUFE HD (the new one) in shade 115/R230 (Ivory). It's a lot more money but worth it. Perfect color and formula for my combo winter skin. I know that makeup has mixed reviews also, so it really is to each it's own when it comes to foundation - you have to try a lot of shades and brands before you find one that fits; there's really no way around it. The bottom line: there are better foundations out there to spend your money on, even if you have to spend a little more I believe it's worth it. This is your face we're talking about, after all. Changing my review from 3 to 2 stars.

I loved this when I first put it on. It has great coverage and matched my fair skin perfectly without oxidizing too much. But after a few hours, it started settling into my pores and fine lines. I have really youthful skin, but this foundation made me look very aged. It also completely came off my nose by lunch and any attempt to touch it up just removed more product. The hunt for my HG foundation continues....

on 1/18/2017 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I read about this Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse foundation on Paula's Choice Beautypedia as being one of the "Best of the Best" in liquid foundations, so I HAD to try it, because I love Paula and usually her take on products is so accurate. Not this time. At least not for me. It has a nice pump dispenser that broke within a few weeks of purchasing it, and the formula and blendability of this makeup is good, but where it falls short is on the shade selection. I am NW20, and I always turn to Findation website to choose my foundation shade choice. Those of you who haven't tried Findation need to see this site at once! It is great at helping you choose your foundation shade for any particular brand and formula. So Findation showed that I should use Classic Ivory in this particular makeup. The Classic Ivory went VERY orange on me, just could NOT get it to blend in to look natural. I liked the foundation's feel and the way it blended out, but it lost me on shade choices. If you are lucky enough to be able to find a shade match, this might just be your HG foundation. Fortunately I have found mine, in Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily skin.

I feel like compared to other drug store brands (rimmel, cover girl) in this price range, I use less product and it feels much less oily and cake-y. The coverage is ok, and you can build it up if you need more. I have used MAC foundations (NC20-25), and I don't feel like the product difference is enough to justify the cost. Regarding the color issue, I usually buy 2 bottles in similar color (Nude light 4, Nude beige light 3.5) and mix it in a pan to get the color I want depending on how tan I am. One bottle would last 3-4 months wearing it during the work week.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is your average drugstore foundation. The only reason why I bought this foundation is due to my curiosity with the dream line of Maybelline.

Shade: I am NC 25 and matched myself quite well with Nude (light 4) and although the shade runs quite yellow. It still has a smidgen of pink in it so it could run quite dark but the shade up or down was either too pink or too dark for me.

Blendability: The product is quite blendable. I have only used the beauty blender with this product and it blends no issues.

Coverage: The coverage is light - medium. It's good in covering my facial redness and evening out my skin. One pump and you'll get a low medium right away.

Overall, it's an OK foundation. If you are looking for an average foundation that's good for everyday, I think this could work for you.

Update: I have updated this review, if you have an NC 25 - 30 skin tone then Shade NUDE (light 4) will be a perfect match. I have since purchased a new one in the shade Classic Ivory (light 2) for skin tone leaning more to NC 20 or the lighter side of 25. Hope this helps!

on 11/19/2016 6:25:00 PM

I just purchased this a few days ago, and have to say that I like it a lot. As of late I have been pretty happy with Boots No7 lift and luminous, and Sonia Kashuk's tinted moisturizer, but was wanting a little more coverage on certain days. I read great reviews on the Maybelline Mousse, and "Paulas Choice" gave it 5 stars and she is VERY picky. This foundation contains no parrabans, which is an added plus. I'm 47, always on the hunt for a foundation that's not too matte and not too dewy, sounds easy, but it's not. I have combination skin, oily mostly, but recently with age am experiencing dryness on my cheeks, nothing a little almond oil can't help. Its hard at my age to find a foundation that isn't drying, doesn't cake, doesn't settle into fine lines, and isn't toooo full coverage that it looks like you are wearing a mask. This foundation has pleasantly surprised me. Its a pump bottle, not too runny, not too thick, wears well with one layer but is buildable, works best with a damp Beauty Blender, and sets beautifully with a light dusting of setting powder and a spray of rosewater, has at least a 6-8 hour window until I needed to use a blotting sheet, and total wear time was a good 10 hours+..its a winner and a great price.

on 11/5/2016 10:47:00 AM

Ach, yet another marketing trap I walked into, believing the hype. This makeup is passable but nothing spectacular by any means. Typical drug store makeup.