Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Ingredients for MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION: Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 5/27/2018 2:09:00 AM

I really like this foundation. It is very good for the value. It provides great coverage which lasts all day. My skin is prone to dry patches and this foundation works well. It doesn't emphasis the dryness like many other foundations do. I have used this for years and keep going back to it. I have tried some expensive foundations like Estee Lauder, Clinque & Smashbox but prefer this foundation. This and bareminerals are my 2 main foundations.

on 5/5/2018 5:31:00 PM

I will admit I’m so disappointed I can’t use this foundation ever again. It went on BEAUTIFULLY and made my textured skin look flawless, BUT I had the most severe acne breakout after a few uses. My ENTIRE face was covered in bumps, whiteheads, and blackheads. Before using this product I had finally gotten my acne prone skin under control and this ruined it for me. I’m currently still fighting the breakouts two weeks later. I would only reccomend this foundation to aging, dry, or non-acne prone skin.

on 3/27/2018 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I hope there are a few more deeper shades available here in Australia - I mix this with a dark bb cream and it works well - it's just a tad too light for me - really nice formula and lasts after being set with translucent powder. I think the bigger companies are all getting the memo for a diverse shade range for such great products though, and they're doing what they can to roll them out, even though it feels like a million years.

on 12/16/2017 11:10:00 AM

Horrible foundation. Broke me out like crazy and I never have issues with acne. It also doesn’t blend well and the shades are almost all beige or pink undertones which isn’t great. Packaging is also shit for traveling, has no lid.

on 10/21/2017 2:10:00 PM

Cons: thick, sticky like glue yet runny like water, hard to spread and to blend, doesn’t provide enough coverage.

on 10/14/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first tried this foundation in the summer and really disliked it. I have dehydrated oily-combo, acne-prone skin that goes from combo to straight oily in the hot and humid months. This makeup made my skin so greasy and orange in a matter of minutes. However, I did enjoy the initial satin-matte finish and although the shade range does lean yellow or orange, I figured I would give it another shot in the colder months with a different shade.

UPDATE:
So I decided to try this foundation again in the colder months since it's an inexpensive foundation that can easily be found at the drugstore. Although a lot of Maybelline's shades can be very orange or yellow, I bought it in the lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory) which was a good match for my fair-light, neutral-cool complexion. For reference I am NC/NW15 in MAC, 115 Ivory in MUFE HD. I set it with my favorite setting powder (Kat Von D lock it loose powder is beautiful) and the finish looks amazing. Can get greasy throughout the day especially in humid summer weather so it is not a good summer foundation, better for the colder months and when my skin is dehydrated which can cause other, more matte-finish foundations to appear cakey. Took off one lippie because I dislike how easily it can transfer and another because you definitely need to blot throughout the day with this makeup if you're complexion is the slightest bit oily even during cold weather. Doesn't have the lasting power of Revlon Colorstay or the high end long last foundations i.e. EL DW (the original can get heavy looking on my skin although it is still a good makeup I prefer DW light) or Lancome TI 24 Hrs, but this is not a bad budget foundation. Not my HG or one of my favorites but it's a nice fall-winter foundation to have on hand especially when dealing with dehydrated skin and not looking to spend a lot of money. Also love the pretty (and hygienic) glass pump bottle packaging.

Holy freaking hell on earth. I haven’t bought a ds foundation in so long that I can’t even remember when the last time was. Lately Ive been having problems with my foundations (Nars SG, Tarte Amazonian Clay, Lancôme TI, UD Naked Skin..) getting cakey and/or separating on my skin, but I’m officially attributing it to the unbearably hot weather here in Florida right now and the fact that liquid and humidity naturally don’t play well together. For some unknown reason I randomly decided to pick this up 4 days ago on a quick trip to CVS. (FTR, my skin is combo and typically not extremely sensitive to the point where it’s an ongoing issue.) I wore it to a friend’s bday dinner the first night and it did look nice. It didn’t noticeably settle into any pores or fine lines, but overall I didn’t feel like it was anything extra special. On the second day I began to notice my skin (which was and typically is completely clear) started breaking out slightly. I thought, “gee, how lovely. I guess my stupid hormones have decided they feel like messing with my face this particular month.” Well, this am I woke up to find my face literally covered in tiny red pimples, EVERYWHERE!!!! I NEVER break out on my cheeks and never have before, even as a teenager (I’m 28). Almost every square inch of my face is covered in bumps to the point that it looks like a severe allergic reaction. There are tiny red pimples plastered all over my cheeks, running up my temples and all over my forehead. My nose and t zone area are also congested, but mainly with whiteheads and blackheads. I am literally sitting here with a clay mask on, horrified, praying, and in complete utter shock as I have never, ever seen my face look like this in my entire life 😫😭

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hidden gem that I know must've been around for years. It covers my under-eye circles and hyperpigmentation scars well. My skin looks nourished and air-brushed. I would not call this dewy or matte the way it settles on me...More like satin type finish. I bought it in "Honey-Beige" and it actually suits my brown skin even tho it's still summer. Only draw-back is that it fades after a few hrs and I'm not an oily skinned person. Altho, most foundations do as I don't use primers, so prob my fault!

on 8/25/2017 12:57:00 AM

I wore this product to an 11 hour work shift. It held up the whole day and I did not touch up once. It really looks airbrushed and its very light. You have to build up the coverage if you have acne. 2 layers and it was full coverage for me. I would buy again

on 7/28/2017 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

it's an alright foundation but it will look cakey and dry if you don't moisturize REALLY WELL. honestly i think youre better off with oily skin to buy this thought but overall the coverage is pretty great for a drugstore foundation and if you do have dry skin please moisturize really really good before using it or it will end up cakey.