Maybelline New York Dream Liquid Mousse

Maybelline New York Dream Liquid Mousse

3.3

Ingredients for MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION: Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)
NOTE: this product is discontinued in the USA, but is still available in Canada.
Maybelline New York reviews, photos and discussion

on 3/5/2019 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This formula is "AIRBRUSH FINISH" which means you shouldn't set it with extra powder, unless you like that extra powdery look. I'm a pale tan, and use natural beige for my color. This is easy to use with your fingers, sponge or brush, and depending on the finish I want I do alternate. Because I tend to have combination skin and applying foundation could kick up a layer of dead skin, which waits till I'm going to work to show itself, I ALWAYS add a couple of drops of argan oil or farsali drops to the foundation and then apply.

I love that I found this when I needed something cheaper and will continue with this foundation when I'm ever in a PINCH.

My skin, I've had bad acne in the past and have texture imperfections on my checks from previous breakouts and pores.
This is medium to full with buildable coverage which I love. I found this for the fall after looking for another foundation for fall/winter months. I use Tarte in the summer months for now, Medium Tan amazonian clay foundation which I love. I'm able to build Dream foundation to my desire coverage, and still apply dream concealer. HOWEVER, I never set this with powder! Only liquid spray. It's not needed with this formula.

on 12/5/2018 7:15:00 PM

The first foundation I ever used and it was not a very good one. Even setting with powder it became a slippery patchy mess after a few hours of wear.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Curly, Coarse

All this needs is an SPF of at least 15, the minimum! This feels silky and moist on my dry, dry skin. It is quite lightweight yet gives me medium coverage. It's better than my other foundation on hot days because it is light, but it also seems to fade away by the end of the day! There's not much left to remove...

If you have oily skin, this might be too slick for you. I use moisturizer out of habit, but I could probably get away with using it on my bare skin. I use #75 Natural Beige and it's perfect for my coloring. I hope it isn't really discontinued. It's hard to find a foundation that looks natural, gives me coverage, lasts long enough, and won't break the bank account! Plus, I want it to be non-irritating, not to make me itch or break out. A lot to ask!

The "airbrush finish" is a bit of a stretch, but it is a good enough foundation for me.

NOT DISCONTINUED- just repackaged. Great drugstore foundation. Good for dry skin. Good color range. Stays put and doesnt oxidize on my skin.

on 5/27/2018 2:09:00 AM

I really like this foundation. It is very good for the value. It provides great coverage which lasts all day. My skin is prone to dry patches and this foundation works well. It doesn't emphasis the dryness like many other foundations do. I have used this for years and keep going back to it. I have tried some expensive foundations like Estee Lauder, Clinque & Smashbox but prefer this foundation. This and bareminerals are my 2 main foundations.

on 5/5/2018 5:31:00 PM

I will admit I’m so disappointed I can’t use this foundation ever again. It went on BEAUTIFULLY and made my textured skin look flawless, BUT I had the most severe acne breakout after a few uses. My ENTIRE face was covered in bumps, whiteheads, and blackheads. Before using this product I had finally gotten my acne prone skin under control and this ruined it for me. I’m currently still fighting the breakouts two weeks later. I would only reccomend this foundation to aging, dry, or non-acne prone skin.

on 3/27/2018 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I hope there are a few more deeper shades available here in Australia - I mix this with a dark bb cream and it works well - it's just a tad too light for me - really nice formula and lasts after being set with translucent powder. I think the bigger companies are all getting the memo for a diverse shade range for such great products though, and they're doing what they can to roll them out, even though it feels like a million years.

on 12/16/2017 11:10:00 AM

Horrible foundation. Broke me out like crazy and I never have issues with acne. It also doesn’t blend well and the shades are almost all beige or pink undertones which isn’t great. Packaging is also shit for traveling, has no lid.

on 10/21/2017 2:10:00 PM

Cons: thick, sticky like glue yet runny like water, hard to spread and to blend, doesn’t provide enough coverage.

on 10/14/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first tried this foundation in the summer and really disliked it. I have dehydrated oily-combo, acne-prone skin that goes from combo to straight oily in the hot and humid months. This makeup made my skin so greasy and orange in a matter of minutes. However, I did enjoy the initial satin-matte finish and although the shade range does lean yellow or orange, I figured I would give it another shot in the colder months with a different shade.

UPDATE:
So I decided to try this foundation again in the colder months since it's an inexpensive foundation that can easily be found at the drugstore. Although a lot of Maybelline's shades can be very orange or yellow, I bought it in the lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory) which was a good match for my fair-light, neutral-cool complexion. For reference I am NC/NW15 in MAC, 115 Ivory in MUFE HD. I set it with my favorite setting powder (Kat Von D lock it loose powder is beautiful) and the finish looks amazing. Can get greasy throughout the day especially in humid summer weather so it is not a good summer foundation, better for the colder months and when my skin is dehydrated which can cause other, more matte-finish foundations to appear cakey. Took off one lippie because I dislike how easily it can transfer and another because you definitely need to blot throughout the day with this makeup if you're complexion is the slightest bit oily even during cold weather. Doesn't have the lasting power of Revlon Colorstay or the high end long last foundations i.e. EL DW (the original can get heavy looking on my skin although it is still a good makeup I prefer DW light) or Lancome TI 24 Hrs, but this is not a bad budget foundation. Not my HG or one of my favorites but it's a nice fall-winter foundation to have on hand especially when dealing with dehydrated skin and not looking to spend a lot of money. Also love the pretty (and hygienic) glass pump bottle packaging.