The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defence

The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defence

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Betaine, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Panthenol, Glycerin, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Allantoin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, p-Anisic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Bisabolol, Sodium Hydroxide, Polygonum Fagopyrum (Buckwheat) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.

on 11/8/2016 3:58:00 PM

It seems to me very basic. I use it when my eyes are irritated and can stand nothing else. To tell you the truth, with much caution I tried the Body Shop Nutriganics night cream I used on my face and it didn‘t cause me irritation, while hydrating better the area round my eyes. Of course I must point out that apart from some mild seasonal irritations, I don' t have a sensitive eye skin, so I don' t recommend my personal try with Nutriganics Night Cream to those who do have sensitive eye skin.

on 2/14/2016 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- Fragrance free
- Sinks into skin quickly
- Doesn't burn my eyes

Cons:
- The skin around my eyes are still dry

I think this would work well for morning application, but usually just using a normal night cream on my eyes at night works a lot better.

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/11/2015 6:36:00 PM

Lovely - good price (esp had a voucher code to get 40% off) and had a nice rich, texture which sinks into the skin well. Lovely & soothing for my eyes which had recently had an allergic reaction to a lash product. Like the pump dispenser too as much more hygienic. Would buy again.

I like that it's light enough to moisturize my eye area and not irritate it or give me milia. The pump is also hygienic, which I like. It doesn't do anything for brightening or dark circles though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product pleasantly surprised me! The skin around my eyes is very sensitive and I'm allergic to most eye creams, even the high-end brands. It's a miracle when I find something that doesn't irritate my eye area, provides a decent amount of hydration, and allows my concealer to glide on smoothly- and the Aloe Eye Defence does just that! This has a texture of a serum, and sinks in quickly to moisturise the delicate skin around and under my eyes. It also has a slight cooling effect on the skin. I haven't experienced any flaking at all, and this does a wonderful job at prepping my undereye area for concealer. I'm also a fan of the packaging as you can tell exactly how much is left in the bottle, and the pump dispenses a controllable amount so no product goes to waste. I'm happy with this product and will repurchase :)

Unlike TBS aloe toner, this eye lotion is wonderfully soothing it causes no stinging or irritation and it really calmed down the weird redness and flakeyness around my eye. Ive never used an eye cream before so i cant really compare how good it is to another eye product but it must have some hydrating qualities to reduce the dryness i had. As for dark circles and fine lines, this had no effect however if you are looking to PREVENT wrinkles in the future, a hydrating eye cream will definitely help prolong your skin's elasticity.

This serum is very soothing and does not irritate sensitive eyes. 90% of all eye care products irritate my eyes and make them tear uncontrollably. I can't tell you how many eye creams I've thrown out over the years - Aveda, Arbonne, Lancome, Elizabeth Arden, Biotherm, Kiels ... but I can always count on Body Shop to make products that don't irritate sensitive skin. This is not a cream though. It's a very light weight cooling eye serum that you can use under a day and night cream. For the most part, this serum just does a great of mildly hydrating and relaxing the delicate skin around your eyes without irritating it. Most of Body Shop's aloe line of skin care products do the same thing. The mask, cream, and eye serum soothes, restores, re-balances and relaxes your skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This eye cream didn't do anything for me at all. It does feel cool and soothing when you apply it, but it is very watery and not very hydrating.

on 1/23/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't get puffiness under my eyes nor dark circles my only problem is wrinkles. I am in my late 20s and have wrinkles whenever I go to sunbed. This eye cream does help with my problem BUT since I started using it another issue occur - dark circles. Some eye creams have that effect so this is a no for me. Bought it to try out because of previous one I had from The Body Shop ELDERFLOWER UNPERFUMED EYE GEL. It was way better and perfect after sunbed because of it's cooling qualities.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I don't extremely love this product but I certainly don't hate it. The Body Shop are amazing for skincare because they use natural products. This cream is hydrating and keeps my eye area soft and primes it for concealer. It DOESN'T do anything for dark circles however, if you want a cream targeted at that then try their Vitamin E eye cream it helps greatly with those and improving the appearance plus it's a bit more hydrating, I tried this out on a whim but will be switching back to the Vitamin E cream after its all used up.