Clarins Clarins Double Serum 38

Clarins Clarins Double Serum 38

3.5

Hydro Serum (0.5 ounce) Water, Glycerin, Tapioca Starch, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sodium PCA, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Pinus Pinaster Bark Extract, Xanthan Gum, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Extract, Tetrasodium Edta, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Sisymbrium Irio Seedcake, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Codium Tomentosum Extract, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-2, Dextran, Potassium Sorbate Lipo Serum (0.5 ounce) Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Paraffinum Liquidium (Mineral Oil), Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Bisabolol, Sclerocarya Birrea Oil, Fragrance, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Tocopheryl Acetate, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, BHT

on 6/27/2017 12:45:00 PM

Ahh the placebo effect (or the "I desperately want to believe this $100 serum is doing SOMETHING!!").
Clarins Double Serum has been around for years.
One chamber containing water and the other chamber liquid paraffin makes for a very dirt cheap product that they're charging (as they always do) a fortune for.
(Paraffin is a refined form of kerosene that can be burned in lamps and is used to oil machinery).
Mineral oil and paraffin are oily substances so of course your skin will feel moist (and any fine lines always become less obvious on moisturised skin than on dry, tight skin). But that doesn't mean a product has “worked”.

Skin takes about 6 weeks to fully turn over, so saying results will be visible in a few days (?!!) to a week or two is pure fabrication on the part of the manufacturer (or longing on yours - it can make you see things that aren't really there).
You need at least 6 weeks of daily use to assess whether a product has really been effective or not.
And when people who have been using this product for years state it hasn't had much effect on lines and wrinkles (or preventing new ones) - that should be a huge red flag. If your daily moisturizing regime is being effective you can absolutely expect to get through your 30’s, 40’s and well into your 50’s with very few lines and wrinkles.

Apart from a bit of Vitamin C & E, lots of solvents and a sprinkling of obscure plants which have no proven efficacy, this is mostly mineral oil and water - why would you waste your time with it? When there are so many formulations out there that contain PROVEN beneficial ingredients that are good for your skin and that science tells us work. Any of the good quality oils will leave your skin feeling similar to this (probably even better, because of superior ingredients) AND at a third of the price.

I don't always agree with Paula's Choice/Beautypedia statements but one thing that resonated with me (....and it could be ANY high-end brand out there) was Clarins:
“...trust Clarins to find the most obscure botanical (plant, flower or seed) and build an ENTIRE skincare range around it, regardless of whether the science supports any efficacy, benefits or results” rang true.

Plants are not benign just because they're natural. As some reviewers have experienced, oils from natural plant sources can be highly volatile, and many are poisonous. Even if you can't feel any reaction, at a cellular level they can be causing silent inflammation that will be undoing all of your hard work.
Promoting your products as being “all natural” when they're clearly not, is disingenuous and deceptive. And it plays directly into that desire we all have to return to cleaner and simpler times (which, sadly, I think are gone forever).

OMG! This is HG for me. Truth be told, I have never placed much stock in serums, so I have absolutely nothing of which to compare this product. However....a stop into Nordstrom's Beauty area resulted in the Clarins SA giving me 3 card samples of the serum, the Day Restorative moisturizer and the primer. She explained about the 2 different products that come out, which you rub in your hands and just "pat on the face starting in the center and moving toward perimeter by hairline and ear."

I am 60 with allergies which cause a lot of dark circles under the eyes, and a bit of recessed eye pocket, with very little lines due to good genes, moisturizing well in AM only, and using high end products as a rule. I definitely having the "elevens" line between the eyebrows and the "marionette" line from corner of mouth downward to chin.

I noticed a major difference the very first day of application. My skin's clarity was excellent, the radiance was there, the pores seemed diminished, the eye socket was 60% gone, the dark circles were 75% gone! The skin was nice and soft and it looked incredible. I continued with my last 2 sample cards, and the results continued to astonish me. I couldn't help checking the mirror and seeing the positive effects of this wonder product.

Then I ran out. Of the sample card, that is. And yes after several days of no applications, my usual maladies surfaced back under my eyes big time. It looked horrible, where I was back again painstakingly applying concealer, etc, etc. The dark circles were there, and the recessed area was again emphasized, broadening, to the side of the eye.

Consequently, I ordered the Clarins Double Serum quickly at discount at Fragrancenet.com with about 1/3 off the price of department store costs. I bought the big bottle, along with a Clarins day time moisturizer dealing with wrinkles, the name escapes me right now.

The serum has a wonderful fragrance. It's not particularly super greasy on my oily t-zone. My skin seems to want to drink up the wonder serum. And if applied in the Am, sometimes I don't put moisturizer on in my makeup routine.

This product, for me, is a dramatic game-changer. I was hoping that my sensitive-prone skin would not break out, and thank goodness, it didn't break out. I feel that my jowl line is tightened up a bit, so indeed I feel that my whole face benefited from a tightening up, a smoothness counteracting large pore size, a radiance that detects healthy skin, and the mysterious disappearance of dark circles (not 100% but darn close), along with plumping and tightening the eye socket area. Also those marionette lines are improving.

Believe me, go and buy the product! It's that wonderful!

on 10/28/2016 6:39:00 PM

I never used a serum as I did not feel like it was essential for my skin care routine. I was buying couple of other clarins products and this serum was highly recommended as award winning product. I used it for 6 months which I think is sufficient time to make the judgment. I did not see any difference at all!!.. for the bucks you are paying you are expecting to see at least a little bit a difference in your skin.. for me it is defiantly not a miracle product and with the price tag it comes I won't be repurchasing it.

on 12/12/2016 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This thing here is the bomb for anyone with dry skin or dryish, even normal skin. The serum mixes oil with a highly concentrated liquid serum and gives such a relief to the skin and plumps up every dry line on my face. For dry nordic winter season this is such a SOS product with quite a hefty price point I must admit.
I personally have somewhat sensitive skin especially to environmental factors that I get rashes and sometimes break outs as well but the fragrance, which a lot of people warn of, didn't affect my skin at all. It is rather strong but it is a very sweet floral scent.
I would at least try getting a tester and give it a go.

I've been using Clarin's Double Serum a little over a year now and have kept it in my beauty routine because I do notice a softness to my skin immediately after using. The packaging is very high quality and easy to use. I use a small amount which covers my entire face and does not leave it feeling greasy.

on 1/2/2016 6:40:00 PM

I love this product I use it every morning and it leaves my skin very hydrated and smooth I definitely recommend this serum by itself or with the moisturizer specially for dry sensitive skin

on 6/21/2015 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm in my 40's and have dry skin. This feels wonderful immediately. I had been using another line of products that weren't doing anything for me, so I was really skeptical at first. The smell is very, very faint and I love it.

I'm so pleasantly surprised. I've been using it for a week, morning and night along with a moisturizer. I rub it in my hands then press it gently onto my skin instead of rubbing, per the directions. My skin is very soft, radiant and hydrated. I'm also getting compliments, so that makes it even better. Lines on my forehead are less noticeable, dark spots have faded and my skin is glowing. I can't believe it. I'm so happy with this product. I bought the bigger sized bottle and will definitely repurchase.

on 4/10/2015 2:26:00 PM

I was choosing between two serums from the brand, and was convinced by the saleswoman to try this. She was obviously trying to sell it, but since I have been shopping with her for years at that counter, and she knows my skin very well I thought I'd give it a go. Found it a bit (entirely) meh to be honest. Noticed no extra hydration whatsoever, no reduction of fine lines or instant glow. Did nothing. Went back to using the Boots no7 while I was using this. Sometimes, you don't get what you pay for... The cheap DS serum is miles better! I'll have to say, in defence of the Clarins saleswoman, that she has never been wrong about a product before.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

it is an avarage product, nothing like it is described

on 11/1/2015 9:04:00 PM

I use this product religiously under my night cream during the winter when my skin tends to get dry. Very moisturising and comfortable to wear. Seems to do what it says it would!