MAC Cremesheen - Ravishing

4.2

on 11/18/2016 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was introduced to Ravishing by a make-up artist at Nordstrom's, finding a good color for me has been the most challenging and frustrating component of my make-up routine. I need light and bright, too bright and I look clownish, most nudes completely wash me out and forget about bronze(too yellowy beige), reds(no matter what shade it always overwhelms my features), plums and mauves look dismal on me. I am closest to a NC 25-30, brown eyes with a lot of gold in them and med-dark brown hair. I had previously worn Mac's Plastique lipstick with Oh Baby lipgloss on top, it was good but not lively and really did not accent my features or coloring. BUT Ravishing changed my lipstick life, no matter what make-up counter I go to, all the salesladies tell me how great the color is on me, I don't want to be in a rut, however this has looked great on me for the last 9-10 years and I am (gasp!) 63.

So ladies if you have ever felt a similiar challenge as I, then check out this color and it is very creamy and comfortable although it is not the most longlasting, then I again I always have coffee or ice tea at arm's length and a cigarette.!!!

on 5/16/2016 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The color is lovely! I love it but I hate the staying power! Like seriously I only ate a very light meal and it already disappeared! It is not long lasting and you need to reapply after every meal. It has a vanilla scent, well that's known for MAC lipsticks. MAC lipsticks are much pricey than drugstore ones and I have a high expectations on them but I think this one kinda disappoint me. This is a cremesheen so what would I expect. It glides on smoothly on my lips and the pigmentation is fine. The packaging is the typical MAC packaging. I won't repurchase this again but I would definitely try other shades.

on 4/8/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This comes up peachy-orange on me, but looks lovely without being too scary orange! It's a clean light-bright colour that's perfect for my warm spring colouring and dyed dark copper hair, and actually looks natural-ish when on. For me it's a great everyday colour but I do have to be careful what I wear it with as this is most definitely peach and doesn't suit my pinky salmon/coral clothes. When I'm wearing a dress in a strong colour, like an orange-red, Ravishing stops my lips from looking washed out without competing for attention.

I often wear it with a flush of MAC Melba or Benefit Coralista blusher and something like MAC Naked Lunch eyeshadow with Max Factor Pearl Beige Masterpiece eyeshadow as an eye primer, for a peachy golden look. I can imagine it would also look good with smokey brown eyes.

I have been wanting to purchase this and finally did its pretty its a light peach color for spring/summer not an everyday lipstick in my opinion it does stand out and probably would draw compliments.

on 1/29/2015 3:49:00 AM

So i got my first (and probably one of the last - if i stick to my own promise) lipstick from MAC.

This colour is great for my skin tone - an NC25 chinese girl with brown eyes and rather thin lips. I love the bright peach coral colour and how it goes with all kinds of make up out there. It brightens up my skin (somewhat) and doesn't clash with any bright eye make up, so you are free to experiment and then just slip this lippie on when you have no more time to decide on what your lip colour should be. The staying power is alright - nothing special but nothing terrible either.

However, for the price, i would expect better quality lipstick. This one leaves my rather sensitive lips chapped and dried out if i apply it for two days in a row. I can feel the dryness immediate after application at times, and you had better not use this if you are already experiencing flaking lips because this will just bring out every flakey skin that you have hanging on your lips.

I don't even experience winter here in Singapore so i really dunno how i would even use it when i go overseas to colder weather.

So even though it is a really pretty colour, when this runs out, I will probably pick up either YSL or dior for a lipcolour that is similar to this. Please share with me if you have any recommendations!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a great orangey peach lipstick for people with yellow under tones -- it was more orange than i expected but it's not quite neon. Its a creme sheen so it isnt too drying. I will say that it isnt that natural looking so I probably wouldnt wear it to work (im a teacher), and if you are looking for a peach-based neutral that is more natural, try mocha which is a orangey browny kind of nude!

Been looking for a muted orangish brownish lippie. This is great, it brightens up the face without being bright itself, bc it has brown in it. I included a picture, if you have red lips like me it'll pull redder/brighter obvi, like in my pic (nothing primer can't fix). it's a very wearable daytime color. I have asian toned olive/yellow fair skin. Addicted to this color....

on 12/27/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Nice soft peach. In my opinion I think I look better in peachy pinks than regular pink like a pink plaid. Goes on smooth and looks very nice. For reference I'm NC44 : rich ginger 5N1 in double wear

on 8/27/2014 9:34:00 PM

Pretty!! Love this colour SO much. I'm NW18, blond with blue eyes and I can wear it with virtually ANY makeup look. Make sure you prime your lips first as any dryish skin etc will stand out.

on 8/24/2014 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great lipstick, moisturizing, buildable coverage, pigmented and long wearing. But I'm on the fence about this particular colour. I have olive Pakistani skintone and on some days it looks great while on other days it looks way too pale. I find it looks best with a little face makeup like tinted moisturizer, concealer and mascara for a fresh spring look. Also love how ravishing looks with mac style blush but I can see it working with other peachy blushes as well. I'm not sure if I'd buy this again. Probably not because I do want to try other shades like see sheer and sushi kiss.