Revlon Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick... It is quite warm, matte and nourishing.
Color is brownish, maybe a hint of brick red...

It is sadly discontinued, and I have put a lot of effort into finding a replacement.
My candidates: Mac Velvet Teddy and Wet n Wild Bare It All. Both quite similar to the real thing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This isn't exactly mauve--the name is deceptive. I think of mauve shades as having more purple in it. This is more of a pinkish-brown but not too brown, like something out of the 90s. It's rather natural looking, long-lasting, and very comfortable to wear, even if it is a matte. It is easy to apply and is actually one of the more moisturizing mattes I've tried. It doesn't have a smell or a taste, like most Revlon lip products.

on 9/10/2014 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

If MAC's Kinda Sexy and Velvet Teddy had a baby, it would be Mauve It Over. It's more toned down than Kinda Sexy but less brown than Velvet Teddy. It's also a thinner and more moisurising texture than the MAC mattes (although I do love the matte in Chili). Apparently it has been discontinued so I picked up a couple on ebay. It's not my everyday lippie (MAC's Modesty for that) as it's a bit too orange, but it's a great nude for nighttime when you need a little more warmth in the darker light. I think the two tubes will last me a while so I have said no repurchase.

edited - too orange for me.

on 8/13/2014 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This has GOT to be one of the hardest matte shades to find locally so thank Heavens for online shopping! I tenaciously waited for the mailman to deliver this into my mailbox so the Texas sun wouldn't melt it, cause it to spontaneously combust, turn to ashes and whathaveyou. My favorite lipstick bullets are the ones that are still intact and in pristine shape.

The manila package was ripped into, and as I burrowed my hand in to grab the tube of lipstick, I was shocked to see a dark lipstick. Mauve It Over physically doesn't look like what it does on camera. We're talking a dark, honey-black shade in the tube that a punker would've worn in the 90s -- or one of the many shades of brownbrownbrown that Hollywood was obsessed with back then. There's also a slight glitter to mine (isn't this matte?!). It got me skittish.

Anyhow, upon application it came out the wonderful peachy-nude/pink brown shade that so many women have fallen head over heels over. This'll definitely be a regular in my beauty arsenal (perhaps a daily lippie?!). But what's weird is just that my bullet is 3-4 shades darker than what comes on, and it's just your run-of-the-mill matte lipstick (you usually expect that effect from a gloss).

In person, in stores, I probably would've never reached for this. But I'm so glad beauty bloggers posted their rave reviews and swatches for choosy customers like me to make up their minds!

Mauve It Over is easily a noteworthy MLBB shade, as well as a trendy 60s mod color with some peachy rouge (which is what I've been pairing together)!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was first wary of the color because I always pictured "mauve" as having purple, lilac or violet tones. This is actually kind of a neutral taupe - a pink-peach brown with warm undertones. It looks darker in the tube than on your skin or swatched. Considering this is a light and nude shade, you actually get good pigmentation, plus this applies smooth and not too drying. Love this shade, a perfect lips-but-better for me. Here's my in-depth review if anyone is interested:

on 9/2/2014 10:50:00 AM

i am not the type of girl who cant live without their lipsticks. mostly I feel tacky whenever i put my lipstick on :( but I think this Mauve It Over from Revlon is the best shade for me because the color doesn't make my face become "too much". I've tried several bold lipstick color such as red and pink and also the very nude one but they were BIG NO for me. Try not to over swipe this lipstick or your lip might end up looking cakey and not natural.

on 6/25/2014 7:35:00 PM

Love this colour! An everyday wear. It's a dupe for MAC kinda sexy. Must have to the collection 💄

I looove this product! I bought it a while ago.. it's the perfect natural lip color, it doesnt wash you out so... overall a really great product.

on 7/31/2014 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Nice matte lipstick i ve ever use, very smooth and moisture my lips, yet stay matte looked although you could see a bit shiny from near. Nice shade on me, perfect with my olive skin tone. If you want to stay matte but still moisturize your lips i think this product will work on your lips also on your pocket since the price is standard for a lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I seriously believe this is a lipstick everyone can wear. I don't know anybody that couldnt pull this off. All skin colors and ages should have this lippy.