Avanti- Silicon Mix

Avanti- Silicon Mix

3.7

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this product is a major staple if one wears weaves, wigs, extensions and so on...I use the shampoo silicone and it seriously brought life back to my weave...it made it fuller,and so soft to the touch and mostly the smell is outstanding..such a sweet flowery scent..( i hope the leave in has the same long lasting scent)...

so yes your 'hair' you wear, rock gets tangled, matted, dried out please use this line it is a God Send to revive your expensive 'add on' to make it look brand new and freshly created...

can not believe the wigs , extensions i threw out cause of their old and dried out self and i could have been using this product all along to revive them...now I know and now I stock up on this line....

Applied this to my hair & left it on for about an hour after shampooing and it left my hair super soft and with a beautiful scent! This was my 1st time trying this product and I know I'll be repurchasing. It left a bit of a shine to my hair but what I liked the best, is that I was able to flat iron my hair really quick and without much effort. My hair is super thick and I have never ever been able to straighten my hair this fast.
Edit I did a Parachute Coconut Oil mask on my wet hair and then applied the Avanti Silicone Mix on top a few minutes later, left it on for about an hour and my hair freaking SHINES SHINES SHINES!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This a brand that's popular in Dominican salons and homes, including mine :) I use Proteina de Perla after a fresh relaxer as a protein treatment to nourish my hair and give it some much needed strength. This gives my hair shine, vitality and softness :) I can feel the effects immediately but leave it on for about 20 minutes underneath a plastic cap anyway.

Here's a tip: If you want to straighten you hair, use Lacio Lacio leave in treatment after this product during your blow out. It will give you extra bounce and movement. You're welcome ;)

on 11/28/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this treatment. It worked great the first time(made hair silky, bouncy and soft) but after using it the following week it made my hair sticky and weighed down. It's a silicone treatment and unless you clarify your hair it will look greasy. SMELLS AMAZING! It's a strong smell but I love it. I get so many compliments. This is my "once in a while" hair treatment. Not for daily or even weekly use.

on 11/29/2015 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This isn't a miracle product by any means. It doesn't have any magical ingredients like Olaplex or a hardcore protein treatment. However - it's still a great product in my book. Especially at such a low price point.

I'm an ingredient snob. Honestly, the mineral oil fear on here is ridiculous. As long as you are shampooing this off, it can not "form a permanent barrier that dehydrates it". Silicon Mix is applied to wet hair. Think of it working the same way skin barrier creams do (IE vaseline). It locks in moisture. Yes there are tons of articles out there warning about the effects of mineral oil... but there's also tons of research debunking those claims. The ONLY way I could picture this product drying hair out is if you applied it to over-clarified, bone dry hair. And if you get to that point...well, mineral oil isn't the issue there.

This doesn't leave my hair as soft as Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask. However, it can compete with a lot of the conditioners in my stash. My hair IS left soft. Given the fact I can buy 60oz for about $25 (currently) on Amazon... I will definitely settle & continue purchasing it.

on 7/2/2015 2:05:00 AM

From all hydrating masks this is the best I've used so far. It gives my hair a soft touch and light movement to it.
I noticed a considerable improvement in the effects when I used it for 40 minutes long instead of 15.

on 11/17/2014 11:07:00 AM

I have thin, straight hair that's damaged from pulling it too tight for dance classes. This is not regularly sold in Brazil, so it comes out quite expensive because of import and transportation fees (I payed about R$80 for the medium-sized jar). I felt quite skeptical about this mainly because of the cheap-looking container, but it is a really good product. I leave it for about five minutes on damp, washed hair and when I rinse it off my locks are shiny and buttery soft, with much less frizz. It does have an oldish-flowery scent that stays on untill the next wash, but I don't care because the results are so impressive. Now I bought the Bamboo version which is said to be much better than the original. I'll update this review when I use it.

on 10/8/2014 5:32:00 PM

I have very fine hair that's a bit damaged from heat styling but overall the condition of it isn't too bad. I have used so many conditioners and tretaments throughout the years and none of them left my hair how this one did. My hair was like pure silk after I had dried it, it really was unbelievable. I just left it on damp hair for 15 minutes then washed it off. As other reviews have stated it doesn't really do anything nourishing for your hair deep down so I will just use it once or twice a month when I'm planning a special ocassion and want it to look really nice. Its just 10 dollars for a small tub so if you want something to make your hair amazingly silky and shiny for certain ocassions then buy this. Also the smell is not that bad just a really strong perfumed flowery smell but not unplesent.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It's inexpensive and works. I have fine hair and it is very thick and mask like in consistency so it could weigh your hair down but it gives excellent and almost immediate results. If you're against silicones then this is not for you. Otherwise give it a shot. It cost me about 20 bucks for a 3lb jar which lasts me forever since you need so little. If you mix this like some people do it will last even longer. Id deffinitely recommend getting an at home hooded dryer for use with this and to anyone serious about hair care. Heat makes deep conditioners more effective. I got one for 40 bucks at the corner variety store. The smell of this deep conditioner is not unpleasant but it is STRONG and lingers for days. Beware of this too if you are sensitive to fragrances. Great product. Its changed my life where my hair is concerned. O love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This conditioner is just amazing and I adore it, to say the least. I have a lot of thick curly hair that I straighten with an iron every time I style it, which makes it very prone to damage and horrible texture. To make things worse, I also dye it red every month and the coloring process adds to it not being healthy at all.
I bought this for around ten dollars for a small container, which is kind of expensive in my book! After washing my hair with shampoo three times I applied a generous amount of this on my hair (never putting it on the roots) and let it sit for about 20 minutes like a mask.
As soon as I rinsed it off, I could tell an immediate difference in the texture of my hair. My fingers ran through it and it felt very soft. My split ends weren't as noticeable and after I styled my hair it looked glossy, and bouncy and felt mega soft. I really love this conditioner.
Warning: I wouldn't recommend this product for women with scarce, thin, or very greasy hair as this may weigh it down A LOT.
Only bad thing I found about this product is the container. It is a jar type bottle and you have to screw off the top of it to get a scoop of the conditioner onto your hair. A huge hassle if you're in the shower with damp slippery hands. This also permits water to infiltrate easily into the container which is very annoying. If the company decided to transfer this into squeezy tubes it will be heaven!!! :)
Final verdict: Awesome sauce.