Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Oil

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Oil

3.7

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Polybutene, PEG-8 Diisostearate, PEG-12 Diisostearate, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Water/Aqua/Eau, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Anthemis Nobius (Chamomile), Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Laurate, BHT [MFG DATE: 06/2008]

on 10/13/2017 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Since my skin gets EXTRA dry during the fall/winter months, this cleanser is perfect! I never would have thought that an "oil" cleanser (more like a "glycerin" based cleanser) could keep my skin in such great shape. It also takes off all of my makeup (including mascara) with minimum effort. If you suffer from dry "winter" skin, please give this a try.

I have sensitive-dry skin which means also that my eyes are very sensitive and I use different makeup remover for my eyes. I have come to the conclusion that oils are the best choice for my sensitive skin.

This is really great. It melts down my makeup excellently and it also nourishes my lashes (with previous harsher cleansers and mascaras my lashes had started to fall out because I could never effectively remove makeup from my eyes). I will definitely repurchase this.

Some people may not like the feeling of oil on their skin but I personally love anything that even remotely moisturizes my skin. After the oil, you could use a gel/foam cleanser to remove it (korean beauty for the win!!). I believe people with oily skin may not enjoy this but if you have normal-dry skin I urge you to try this! At its price point it is worth it, but the truth is that there are other cheaper options with equally good results. But still this is a very good product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I picked up a travel-size of this at Sephora prior to a work trip. I mercifully tested it out for a few days prior to leaving, and each time this left me with flushed skin on my cheeks. I'm a big fan of cleansing oils (Shu Uemura's Porefinist and DHC's classic are two of my favorites), so I don't have any issue with usage of this product, but my skin just doesn't seem to like it. Also, while this is fragrance-free, it has a very plasticky odor that I found off-putting.

on 9/26/2017 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love!! Doesn't burn my eyes, removes everything, light weight, washes off easily. I like the balm better for travel but prefer this at home. My other favorite oil is Boscia. Have purchased a few times. I use a gel cleanser after but you could just use a wash cloth.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was looking into oil cleansers and picked up the travel size of this one. Overall, kind of drying, I had to use more oil than I thought (2-3 pumps for my face + chest), but takes off everything (sunscreen, makeup, lipstick) and doesn't leave residue. Also, I think they should make the lid more secure - it's just a twist to close and isn't very secure. When I actually took my travel size one to travel, it leaked - thankfully only into the plastic bag I put it in.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fact - There is no oil in this cleanser at all.
Fact - did you know this contains extremely dangerous chemicals? Study up on it. It's awful.
I use to love Clinique but they are changing into a chemical company.
I'm not even a naturalist or anything I just think there's too much crap our organs and cells
can't dispose of in products these days.
It's effective but dangerous

on 3/5/2017 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just finished my bottle of Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Oil. Although it is not perfect, I feel it deserves a high rating because it is an oasis in a vast desert of cleansing products that contain irritants and heavy fragrances. In contrast, TTDO oil is fragrance-free, contains no irritating ingredients and has proven to be very gentle on my skin. Metering out a standard portion is easy and extremely convenient due to the pump packaging. TTDO is a pretty good value--for the price, the bottle is quite large and lasted me more than 6 months with nearly daily use and a generous 3 pumps each time. It thoroughly dissolves tenacious makeup and sunscreen on contact. It it very slippery, which allows gentle massaging of the face without pulling skin. It emulsifies readily with a small amount of water, and can be rinsed off, although I usually use a microfiber cloth. I do not think this product can be used as the only cleanser in a skin care routine. It really is a makeup remover, and as such, I used it before my main cleanser.

It is difficult to find faults, but the smell of the non-scented ingredients is a little strange, almost like dirty laundry. Also, this product contains no oil, so it won't replenish the moisture or plumpness of skin. On some days when the weather was more dry, I found TTDO to be a little bit drying. TTDO oil is less than ideal around the eyes, however, it can be used in that area and will remove waterproof makeup. For me, I didn't like how it migrated into my eyes, so I use a separate eye makeup remover. I would definitely repurchase.

This really works

on 1/29/2017 7:41:00 AM

I have gone through about 3 or 4 bottles of this over the past 2-3 years. I love it. It never stings, gets off all foundation and makeup. It is light compared to other oils I have sampled. The Lancome oil was too fragranced, Burt's Bees was too thick and fragranced. I always follow with my usual cleanser. My skin is clear, balanced and soft. I love it! Some people may not like it because it doesn't smell like anything, but it works well. I sampled the balm and found it too rich for my skin type.

on 1/28/2017 1:36:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this product! I've only been using it for a few weeks & I notice a huge difference between this product than the one I'm use to using (cleanse off oil by MAC) which that I was using for 5 years. This oil is light weight, doesn't feel like your washing your face with grease, takes off all of my makeup with an ease including any waterproof makeup I might have on, doesn't have a weird scent (which I love!) & most importantly it never broke me out which is a plus cause I have very sensitive skin. So far so good!