Almay Amazing Lasting [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.1

I love this concealer, it's a pity it's no longer available in the UK. I repurchased this many times, and there's no other concealer I can say that about. Reasons I love it: it's very long-lasting on the skin, the Fair shade is a very good match for my pale, cool skin, it's not horribly expensive, and never broke me out. Nearly every other concealer I've tried was either too orange or disappeared after a few hours, or just had rubbish coverage. The only reasonable alternative I've found is Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer. The lightest shade is a bit darker than Almay's Fair, but luckily still ok for my skin because it's not orangey. It's also twice the price Almay was here. A tube does last a long time though. So for anyone who mourns the loss of Almay Amazing Lasting concealer like I do, I suggest you try Double Wear, unless you have the very palest skin tone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I managed to find a tube of this by trawling the net after seeing such great reviews here. It is still available if you look hard enough :-) I think I got mine for about £9 including shipping from the US.

Anyway being the internet, colour selection is not an easy thing but I went for the palest and lucked out! It is a perfect match, lasts all day but removes easily when required. It does not clog my pores and gives good coverage. However sometimes when I have a red patch thats redder than usual I have to apply two thin layers - but thats ok, you can't tell. I was previously using Benefit Boiing but really hated the heavy, powderey consistancy under my mineral foundation. You def could tell I was wearing makeup when I used that stuff! Anyway, I will def buy again as it is the best concealer I have ever used.

Why, oh why, were you discontinued? I considered this my HG under eye concealer. Why? It was cheap and highly effective. It covered up my under eye circles better than the higher end stuff I buy at department stores. I would definitely repurchase this but Almay doesn't want my business so I have to take it elsewhere.

My favorite concealer ever! Wish they hadn't discontinued it. Best ligh/pale color on the market - it wasn't orangey on my porcelain skin like other concealers. Truly lasts 16 hours. I'm always looking for a concealer that you can go to bed with someone with ;) and not worry if it will be all gone/smeared afterwards.

Revlon's concealer lasts forever but the color selection is bad.
I finally found Estee Lauder's Double Wear concealer in 01 Light. This is almost as good as Almay's Amazing Lasting in Light/Pale but 3 times the price! I miss my Almay!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I loved this concealor in the past, I strayed and now that I want to go back I find out that they discontinued it, noooooo!!!! Grab it if you can find it, this is a great product.

I've used this concealer for years (I think it was called Almay Amazing 16 Hour Concealer back then). It's really amazing. Lasts a long time and coverage is perfect on me. The only time I changed concealers was when I started using the concealer from Sheer Cover (it came with the Sheer Cover kit). But once I finish that up, i'll be buying Almay's Amazing Lasting Concealer again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this product started off really good, colour is nice (peach #130) and applies smoothly, HOWEVER after about 6wks it hardened and I cannot lift anything off...there is plenty in the compact but it wont budge...very disappointed

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this inbetween them discontinuing my HG Body Shop concealer and it was pretty good. Reasonable coverage, good on under-eye bags as well as blemishes, lasts most of the day and nice packaging - comes with applicator wand which is nice for getting the right amount. Not quite shimmery/light reflecting or enough coverage though - I need one or the other, at least, so if you're looking for a light concealer this is ok, but I would recommend L'Oreal's Touche Magique instead.

I bought this on a whim at Big Lots for 99 cents, and for 99 cents it does a fair job. It is a bit cakey, even on my most moisturized areas and I personally have troubles when applying it. You should not apply this concealer with the brush but with your indez or middle finger then blend. If you want to use this concealer for scars or red spots go ahead but for pimples I would definatley NOT reccomend it. It is fairly runny, but not so much it spills over your face when you apply it. The color is very natural on me (fair) but when it has finished setting you can see some outlines of dried concealer, even when you blend it in well. I brushed some Maybelline ShineFree powder on top and voila, barely noticable.I'm not too keen on the amount it takes to cover the scar/red spot,or the slight cakeyness, but I would buy this product again. Four stars Almay!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great concealer! After the Almay Skin Smoothing Concealer with Kinetin was discontinued in NZ I decided to give this one a try! I'm pleased I did the coverage and blendability is fantastic, colour matches perfectly too! Would buy again however I think this may soon be discontinued also as the line is being updated.