4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used and I'm so bummed that they've discontinued it! After two coats, you get beautifully separated, thick, almost fake looking lashes. It never smudges on me and comes off so easily w/ soap and water. I tried Lash Blast - the one they recommend as a replacement for this - and it's horrible! I've resorted to eking out the remnants in my last tube of Max Factor out of desperation.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

i love this mascara! it is definately my favorite volumizing mascara! it makes my eyelashes look fake and really that "extreme" look for when im doing intense make up. i also love how it's really black!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

10 years ago

I really wish I would have done more research before buying this, because it's almost the same as LashBlast. Cover Girl and Max Factor are both owned by P&G. The packaging and brush are exactly the same. The formulas are just a tiny bit different. 2000cal goes on thicker and clumpier, and I often need to use a lash comb afterward. LB goes on thinner and with less volume, but I don't get as much of the spider-leg look. For the price, I don't think this mascara is that great, but it's not bad either. I got mine on clearance (CLEARANCE, people) for like, $7.50. For a ds mascara, that's expensive. Overall: PROS volumizing extreme blackout color is incredibly black nice separating rubber bristle brush CONS expensive kind of clumpy flakes after awhile I wouldn't buy this again, but I never buy the same mascara twice. There's always new stuff to try when you're on the hunt for an HG.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

LOVE THIS STUFF, complete HG mascara for me. I am extremely picky about my mascaras; I love big, glamorous doll eyes and long, thick lashes (mine are naturally light in color and not super long, so it's rare that I find a mascara that truly gives me what I want). I like LashBlast but found that this is much easier to build up for gorgeous volume. It lengthens beautifully and separates my lashes--I have never had a problem with clumping or spidery lashes with this. I'm frantically stocking up whenever I see it in stores because Max Factor is being discontinued in the US, I believe. :( Good news is that a lot of places are clearancing it for dirt cheap though!!!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinOther, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

10 years ago

There are a lot of reviews that this brush is the same as Lash Blast. The brushes do look similar (I have both mascaras)-they are both huge and bulky with similar shaped bristles. However, I have done a side-by-side comparison of Lash Blast and MF 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper and the 2000 calorie mascara makes my lashes noticeably thicker and longer, but clumpier. The Lash Blast is better at separating lashes0but the 2000 calorie extreme makes my lashes much fuller and longer. I prefer a more dramatic look-so if I pair my lashes with a lash comb-the 2000 calorie extreme gives me the length and fullness my sparse, thin, short lashes need. My eyes look much more dramatic with the MF 2000 calorie extreme mascara. Love it!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

Wow this one works great! My eyelashes definitely did look very plump and full. The spiky brush is great to preventing clumps and really fanning out your lashes. I get a good dramatic look and I've received many compliments while wearing this. My only complaint was that sometimes the spikey brushes tend to poke at my eye a little more and it caused a tiny bit of irritation while applying, but it didn't last all day, so it wasn't a deal breaker. This mascara looked so good that I really didn't mind. It applies a good amount of product, but it does an awesome job of applying it nicely and evenly. I'd definitely repurchase and recommend this one to anyone looking for very thick and long lashes!

About reviewer (153 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesOther

10 years ago

I am on my second tube. This is just as good as dior show if not better! The brush truly plumps my lashes and makes them longer. I've been asked if I am wearing false lashes. The only down side is that extreme blackout is the hardest color to find and the price is a bit high for a drugstore mascara. But I will keep repurchasing!

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairOther, Curly, Coarse

3.0

10 years ago

Although I liked this product it smudged easily and began to bother my contacts after about 5 hours. I felt like I've seen the same or even better results from other brands like maybelline full and soft

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

10 years ago

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. My HG drugstore mascara. I have been a mascara snob for years (Diorshow) because I couldn't find a drugstore mascara that measured up. I tried this on a whim in an attempt to find a less expensive alternative. This mascara layers beautifully -- I can put on a quick thin coat for day, or multiple coats for a more dramatic night look, and it looks great either way. It adds both length and volume without creating that "spider leg" look. It lasts all day without crumbling or smudging underneath my eyes. It also holds up pretty well to moisture. I've had no need to try the waterproof formulation because this one works great already. I also love the mascara brush -- it is one of the new rubberized types and it REALLY helps avoid the clogging/gunkiness that can occur with other mascaras.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

EyesGreen

10 years ago

I love this mascara! I loved Lash Perfection but ordered this from Amazon based on the reviews at MUA and they did not let me down. This is, hands down, the best Mascara I've tried for volume and length. I got it in Extreme Blackout and it's perfect. Unfortunately, It is extremely hard to find. When I went to stock up, nobody had this color anymore. I ordereda few in Black Velvet and found Extreme Blackout in Waterproof. Hopefully, the Waterproof will be as good as the regular.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age36-43