Seche Vite Seche Restore

Seche Restore/ Seche Vite

4.4

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Isopropyl Alcohol

on 11/14/2017 1:08:00 AM

Not a Seche Vite user, but, dear god, this is worth every cent. IT WILL MAKE A POORLY CARED FOR GUNKED UP TEN YEAR OLD'S DOLLAR STORE POLISH a nice smooth and easy to apply, like-new, polish. It got the horrid stringiness -- even though it was a barely used new bottle, it was quickly rendered unusable (Essie _really_ needs to work on making _consistently_ good formulas...) -- out of Essie's "Butler Please," with two drops.

Even though the larger bottle will probably last you forever, it's well worth it: best I can tell, it will make all polishes, top and base coats, etc, last forever. We rescued some horribly gunked up stuff from my kid's stash, stuff she'd bought a year ago before she had fully figured out how bad it was to leave the lid on a polish loose (!). Gross gloppy blecch was restored to functioning polish, bottle after bottle. And I can't believe how many "I may as well throw this out -- lovely colour, but..." bottles it _made better than they originally were_ for me.

Even at the price, a very thrifty product. I just wish the dropper was in the lid, full stop, and not something to keep on the side -- I assume the product would eat through any rubbery plastic, though, so, no real complaints. 10/10; will buy again if I run out -- in the meantime, will buy a second bottle for the messy 10yo so she can have fun magically fixing her tween friends' goopy polishes...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Having used both Seche Restore and the Orly thinner, I can't tell a difference in performance. They both thin my polish without making glitter warp or bleed; the difference is that Restore is more expensive and less convenient, because I have to use the dropper rather than just squeezing it out of the bottle per the Orly. Sure, I'd buy it again if I needed polish thinner and Orly wasn't available. Otherwise, nah.

on 11/25/2016 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

When I first got into being a nail person, I hung out on the MUA nail board and a wonderful MUAer, who subsequently deleted (such is the way of MUA), told me to get the Seche Restore and the Seche Vite Professional size bottle from Amazon. BEST ADVICE EVER.

I've had my same bottle for over 3 years. It's not even half empty yet. I have revived, kept alive, and maintained countless Seche Vite bottles so that their performance is always optimal. I paid like $10-15 for it. A normal bottle of Seche retails at CVS is $9.98. I do my nails at least twice a week, I've had the bottle for 3 years. YOU DO THE MATH.

Anyhoo, GET THIS, if you use Seche Vite, also get the professional size bottle on Amazon also for around $15. Your Seche Vite will always work to optimal performance. I squirt in a few drops in, roll the bottle and add more if need be. This has saved me TONS of $$. If you love Seche, but hate the price, and the fact that it gets goopy. Get this, you can thank me later. One of the best things I learned from MUA.

on 3/5/2016 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Every time someone tells me they threw out a half empty nail polish because it got thick and gloopy, I die a little inside. How do people live without thinner?? I add Seche Restore to everything - not just topcoat but also basecoats and nail polishes when they get thick. It's really good stuff.

If you have any polishes that came around when 3-free formulas started to become a thing and the formulation of them is not so good, adding some of this thinner (which contains toluene and is NOT 3-free, so don't use it if you're concerned about that) will most likely improve it. You can also add it to really old polishes that are drying up, and it will usually make them good as new.

Being the nail polish addict that I obviously am, I buy the 2oz bottles which are much better value and last quite a long time. After about 4 years (I think) of using it, I'm halfway through my second bottle.

on 3/5/2016 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Great for all my polishes, Nail Envy, or Seche Vite top coat when approaching gloopiness. I can even buy it at HEB. Great price for a great product!

on 2/7/2016 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Prolongs the life span of your bottle of Seche vite. My dropper doesn't work very well, which is an annoyance, but probably a problem with my item specifically. I find that once you need to use this, the top coat has passed its prime days, but you can still get good use out of it thanks to this product. I've used the restore for at least 3 bottles, and I still have half of the bottle of restore left. I think that makes it well worth the money, as the alternative is to throw away the top coat after having used half or two thirds of the bottle. Smart product, though in an ideal world they'd make sure the top coat didn't turn gloopy in the first place! If I think about it too much, I'll get annoyed at the idea of a company that creates a product with a short life span, and then charges you further to fix that problem for yourself!? I try not to though, because the Seche vite top coat is so good and I need it in my life regardless.

on 12/29/2015 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is the perfect solution to the problem of Seche Vite getting thick and unusable toward the end of the bottle.
Seche Restore is a bit hard to find, I bought it at drugstore dot com. It's a bit expensive but if you love Seche Vite it's worth it.
The Restore does exactly what it promises, it extends the life of Seche Vite.
It comes with an eyedropper, you add several drops to SV. I add about 6 drops to get the desired effect. You then carefully roll the bottle of SV. Don't shake it or you may get air bubbles.
It doesn't harm the SV at all, it still dries quickly with the shiny finish.
You don't need to use Restore often......I've used it only twice with a bottle of SV.It was great to use SV to the end of the bottle!

on 11/28/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

anyone who uses the Seche Vite top coat knows how quickly it thickens and becomes impossible to use once the bottle is about half empty. i've been using that top coat for years and replacing it every time it got thick started to get expensive, so i invested in this product. i ordered it online because our Ulta was out of it. i believe it was around 7 or 8 bucks for a regular nail polish sized bottle. the bottle comes with a dropper and you simply add a few drops to your thickened Seche Vite until it is fluid enough to use again with ease. (you should roll the bottle to mix, don't shake it or it can cause air bubbles).
this product does work as promised. it thins the Seche Vite without compromising the product, but it doesn't last very long. i'll give an example:
say your seche vite has been used about halfway and it has gotten very thick. you add the seche restore until it is fluid again. a few days later you are going to need to use it again because the seche vite will become thick again within a very short period of time. so a few drops of this isn't going to magically fix your bottle until it is empty. you will need to continue to add the restore every few days to keep it nice and fluid.
bottom line: i still replace my seche vite long before the bottle is empty, but this product does extend the time i am able to use it and there have been times that i really needed it in a pinch. no one wants to ruin a good manicure with a gloopy top coat.
will i buy it again? absolutely. is it the perfect solution to all my seche vite problems? not so much! would i recommend it to another seche vite user? definitely!
hope this was helpful ;-)

on 7/4/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I need a button for Maybe I'll purchase again.

I have methodically been getting rid of all my polishes that are not 3- 5- 7-free but as of this point, not all the colors that I love and get a yen for are available. I've already got some of the basic Must Have colors covered but really it's hard to get away from the smoothness and the coverage of OPI! :(

So I don't always use my Seche Vita anymore. And when I do, it's inevitably so thick and goopy, that it's like making cotton candy - long thin strings flying all over the place! So I got some Restore to see how it works. I can't believe it costs MORE than a bottle of the Top Coat. The directions say A Few Drops? Try two Dropperfuls before there is any real work done.

It works ok, but it's not the same as a new bottle. I hear that you can stretch out other polishes with this stuff, so maybe I'll use it for that, but with Restore, your old Seche Vite Top Coat is NOT the same as new. Doesn't have that Thick Smooth Glassy coat that a new bottle has. It's either still too thick or too thin compared to the original bottle. For the Topcoat, I might just ditche the half used bottles for new ones. If I'm still using Toleune that is - I now use Poshe Base & Top Coats. Top Coat doesn't dry as fast or glossy but healthy and the base coat REALLY protects your nails!

on 12/28/2014 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

It doesnt do anything to my Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat! It even says it on the packaging that it wont restore the formula but rather does something else which I cant remember now. First I tried to use it like 5 drops, then 10 drops to half empty bottle but it stayed the same - gloopy mess. Totally not worth the money!