Ion Effective Care Treatment

4.4

WATER ,CETYL ALCOHOL ,STEARYL ALCOHOL ,DICETYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,STEARALKONIUM CHLORIDE ,HYDROLYZED KERATIN ,DISTEARYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,STEARAMINE OXIDE ,LECITHIN ,PEG-5 SOY STEROL ,FRAGRANCE ,GLYCERYL STEARATE ,PEG-100 STEARATE ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,LAURETH-12 ,PEG-2 DIMEADOWFOAMAMIDOETHYLMONIUM METHO ,DMDM HYDANTOIN ,DIMETHICONE PEG-8 MEADOWFOAMATE ,PANTHENOL ,CHENOPODIUM QUINOA SEED ,IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE ,PHYTANTRIOL ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,LIMONENE

My first time using this product was last night an I really enjoyed it . First of all the smell some people don't like it but I find it too smell great it has a vanilla scent too it which I really love if you don't no need to worry it doesn't linger all day it's a very light scent . Secondly it made my hair very soft I will admit I use a ton of conditioner anyway I have dry hair an I've been bleaching it for five years my hair is actually very healthy . I'm very use to using expensive hair treatments I'm in hair school so I've used a ton of expensive hair masks. But, honestly I got this for $9.99 at Sally's I got a 20 oz bottle an I would recommend it to anyone who may not have the budget to spend a lot of money on hair products. It will make you're hair soft an it does help with frizz . I honestly like it better then my its a 10 mask . This made my hair softer an frizz free . I have no complaints an I would definitely repurchased I love the packaging as well . One thing you have to realize is this alone is not gonna fix you're hair . You have to be able to use the right shampoos make sure you use hair masks get trims every 4-8 weeks don't use so much heat . Don't wash you're hair everyday . Get on a good hair regiment . This alone isn't gonna do it however If you want a treatment for you're hair an you're already doing everything that I mentioned I recommend you give this a try it's not the best but not the worst an I would say it's better then mediocre . Also you cannot beat the price an how much you get . Try it if you don't like it you can always return it . Give it a shot :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is a very mediocre product for my thin, fine, colored hair. it over-moisturized my hair without detangling it. i liked the creamy consistency and mild, unobtrusive smell. the price was cheap, too. however, i wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So I used this with the reconstructor, and after I wash I spray in the ION keratin leave in spray. A good hair day followed...so I'll definitely keep this in my rotation.

This is one of those products that my fine, wavy hair really likes. It detangles and smooths somewhat without weighing my hair down, and doesn't aggravate my somewhat sensitive scalp. I don't really like the smell, but it does the job. I am trying other products at the moment, but will probably repurchase this at some point.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have been using the packets of this after bleaching since the beginning of my at home platinum hair journey on previously hennaed hair. My hair is in pretty good condition still (after around 5 bleaches, swear by that coconut oil before bleaching!!) I refuse to buy expensive hair products, and this is a great addition to my regimen and has helped save my hair from too much damage. I think a lot of people are disappointed with this because it's "not moisturizing"..... read the ingredients! This is clearly more of a protein treatment. Alternate using it with a moisturizing treatment (I use aussie 3 minute miracle) and your hair will be a happy camper. Just bought the big bottle at the buy one get one free sale goin on at Sallys currently and plan on purchasing more in the future!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used to work at sally. the girl i worked with bleached her platinum hair constantly and she swore buy this entire line. I tried it and was not impressed. It actually made my hair feel worse. Sally employees only push those packets on people so they can meet quotas, in fact they will reccommend things they shouldn't just to keep their numbers up. I lied to people all the time when I worked there, and i felt bad, but they don't really leave you much choice. Anyway it seems to work great on most, just not for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know... this just doesn't "wow" me. I had high hopes from the reviews but it just doesn't hold a candle to Joico K-Pak Color Therapy conditioner for me. I have long waist length layered wavyhair that I wash 2x/week. I don't colour but I do use a blow dryer, flat iron, and I use a lightening/blonding spray which seems a bit drying. The Ion Effective Care Treatment just doesn't leave my hair as smooth or as tangle free as Joico does - it's like there's something missing. I'm so glad Sally has these in packets (often for $.99) so you can try it first. It's nice and thick and creamy, which is what I like, but doesn't give the slip and softness that I like. It's OK but didn't knock it out of the park.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

After going from red to blonde, stripping and dying my already dry, coarse hair, my hair needed much more than TLC. My hair was so hard and dry but when after washing & conditioning with a deep moisture treatment, I realized my hair needed much more than moisture. My hair when wet was like a tangled spaghetti mess that was limp and weak, I couldn't even brush through it, I was horrified. So I went to Sally's, got this since I knew I needed a protein treatment to strengthen my hair not a moisture treatment. That's what people should realize, protein helps mend & repair the hair shaft, to strengthen the over processed hair. It's not meant to make your hair super silky it's meant to strengthen. But moisture treatments are what I use for my regularly dry hair to make it soft and shiny, with protein treatments here and there to keep the health.
Anyway, this definitely did the trick! The small .99 cent packet was more than enough for my long, thick hair. I can actually probably use it 2-3 more times, because a little goes a long way with this. I left it on for about an hour and after rinsing out I ran my fingers through my hair and it felt so much better. My hair wasn't a tangly mess, it wasn't limp spaghetti any more, and now that it's dry I can really tell the difference in my hair. My ends aren't bending every which way, my hair isn't hard, an it actually looks healthy. My hair isn't silk right away but I still consider this a miracle because it's now manageable, a lot softer than the hay I had, and most importantly strong. This was exactly what I needed, and I'm excited to use this each week to continue to strengthen my damaged hair.
If you recently did some major damage on your hair I'd try this out. And considering its only .99 cents, I'd use this every month or so if you use a lot of heat tools or dyes on your hair considering it doesn't have as much protein as the ion reconstructing treatment or any others, I'd consider it to be more gentle. Definitely will buy again!

I generally love the Ion brand. They make some of my favorite products of all time. However, if your hair is in need of serious moisture, this alone will not provide that. It seriously leaves my hair wanting more moisture, and is not as easy to style and comb through after using this. I am just not a fan. I do not feel like it does anything at all for my hair, but maybe I am one of those who needs much more moisture than protein. My hair has ombre highlights and has moderate damage, so I would assume some level of protein would be needed. However, my hair just does not like this at all. It prefers Biolage Conditioning Balm and other more hydrating conditioners/treatments.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I used the product in conjunction with a heated home therapy wrap... I just don't like it. It takes almost an hour for to even be affective and then the moisture typically does not last to long... Not even through blow drying. I also really dislike the smell of this product... If I had to describe it I would say it smells like vanilla & chemicals. I would not purchase again.