MAC wintersky

MAC wintersky

3.7

on 2/23/2012 7:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wintersky is my favorite winter pink color of all time!!!! It is the perfect blend of pink/mauve color with shimmer. It looks amazing with silver/grey or any purple or pink look. I use it most of the time as a lid color with either grey, black or purple in the crease. Wintersky is such a pretty light eye shadow that is great for daytime. I thought the exact same thing as another reviewer (perfect snow bunny look!) I wish it wasn't LE! I bought this a few years ago from the Chill collection and hit pan a while back. I don't use it much because I'm afraid to run out of it! If they ever repromote this... I am buying back ups for sure! I will say that I have to put a lot of product on my brush when using this eye shadow but for the color I think it is worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I really like using Wintersky when Im doing a purple smoky eye, I love how I can use it as a highlight color on my browbone without looking odd, and on my lid as well. I don't do purples often, and this color to me is kind of a light, lilac purple- with just a hint of pink.....the color is kind of different, however I had one eyeshadow by Annabelle once that was very similar. All in all I do like this, the formula is a veluxe pearl and it blends nicely- its not a color I would repurchase anytime soon since I recieved this in a swap....but when I do use it, I really do like it :)

on 9/29/2009 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really like MAC Wintersky, and I'm wondering if there were various batches on this, based on others noting this was sheer. On me, this isn't sheer at all, maybe because I'm a warm toned MMM. This doesn't apply with shocking pigmentation, but for me .. it has a gorgeous sheen and is neither massive in terms of color payoff, but also not sheer. For me, it applies beautifully, and what's apparent when I wear this is the glowy sheen and subtle soft dusky pink. It's not my absolute favorite pink e/s, but it's definitely one I do reach for often!!

on 6/17/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely adore the colour in the pan - it's neither purple nor pink nor mauve, but an interesting and relatively unique in-between colour. Unfortunately it's just not pigmented enough for my liking. Considering it goes on so sheer, I expected it to be gone in a few hours, but thankfully it stays put with the initial colour intensity (over Lumene's primer, I should add). I do love to use it, and it's actually one of my favourite MAC e/s, but I so wish it had better colour payoff.
FYI, there's a dupe of this in the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Smoky Hazel eyes palette. Same texture and everything.
Edit 10/26/2012 - I'm bumping this to a 5. It's actually one of my favourite MAC eyeshadows, and I have the biggest dip in this one, out of my four filled 15-pans. I use it in all kinds of looks, it works nicely as a very low-key wash, or I pair it with something like Hypnotizing, Sahale and Shadowy Lady for a mauvy smoky eye. It's very versatile and a pretty unique colour, you don't really see this kind of colour every day.

this eyeshadow isnt anything over the top special-light lilac pink frosty usual eyeshadow, but it isnt bad at all. pigmentation is ok no fallouts . i mostly use it as a main lid colour for everyday looks, combined with "satin taupe". and i consider it perfect for bridal makeup if you choose to stay in the pink tones. i also use it as a highlighter of cheekbones to blend out pink blushes!

on 4/22/2009 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe all the terrible reviews for this shadow...boggles the mind. This is a typical VP texturewise - a light, frosty mauvey pink. A complex color in my opinion because in some light it looks like light pink and in other light it looks almost lilac. I found the pigmentation to be excellent. I think if you're very pale, you may have issues getting this to show up. I'm olive/tan and this is really pretty since my skin is almost yellow. MMM/NC35-37

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

this is ok. It is a meduim shimmer pink. It dipcits that old-fashioned shimmer look of the seventies but less cakey. This is more shimmer than glittery looking and it more suited to night than day. It looks like a stronger pink in the pot but comes out more pale shimmer when applied. This is a great winter looking eyeshadow and I think this is best suited to blue eyes as it is pale.
I have green eyes but I dont think this shimmer pale pink dos much for my dark green eyes. I may wear it at night but this is a wasted purchase I just noght from the ma site not from the shop.
This is most certainly a try before you buy.
I personally think their are many similar eyeshadows to this colour and better check the bodyshop for one which does great eyeshadows with more depth.
I think blue eyed girls would love this. If you have any other colour eyes then perhaps leave this alone and opt for one of macs other pinks.
This eyeshadow is pure shimmer and I will probably give it to my sister.

on 1/9/2009 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful eyeshadow! Frosty/shimmery medium/light pink color. It really brings out my dark brown eyes and makes them pop. It looks great paired with grey's or even dark browns. I wore it to work so it's a subtle pink.
The only other MAC pink I have is expensive pink and I like this one 5X better :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure why all the hate for Wintersky. I actually liked a lot of the Chill collection and Wintersky particularly caught my eye. I normally cannot wear pink e/s as I'm warm (NC35) and when I wear it it looks like I have pink eye. This one didn't look as cool as a lot of the other pink e/s MAC has so I decided to give it a shot. I ended up loving it. I've been wearing it almost every day on the inner half of my lids w/ Arctic Grey on the outer half. This gives me the perfect snow-bunny look. I wear it w/ pink blush and Icescape on lips. I think that almost anyone would be able to pull this look off unless you're extremely warm. The pigmentation is not 100% (that's why I gave this 4 lippies instead of 5) but it's very buildable and it's definitely noticeable on my eyes. Perhaps the subtleness is another reason I'm drawn to it--because it's not like BAM! Pink eyeshadow! It's very soft which I love. I'm glad that I finally have a pink shadow that I can wear.

on 1/5/2009 10:14:00 PM

I also am surprised by the poor pigmentation of this product. As others have said, it looks gorgeous in the pot but is sheer once applied. Layering doesn't do much to help pigmentation. This will be one of the few pink e/s I can get away with wearing to my conservative work environment, which is the only positive I can think of. I wouldn't repurchase and highly recommend testing before purchasing.