MAC Cosmetics Beauty Powder in Daisydust

No Image

1 review

on 12/18/2008 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a Mac Pro product that I picked up a CCO, and is part of the loose beauty powder collection. I was actually going to buy an MSF, but swatched this and became torn between the MSF and this beauty powder. ( I was trying not to be a glutton that day by buying both!) Anyway, the BF was with me, and he thought this looked "cooler", so I picked this up. According the the Mac Pro website, this is described as "pale banana with gold reflects" and I'd say that's a pretty accurate description. I already have 3 other loose beauty powders, but picked this one up because it *is* quite different from the other ones I had. What makes it different is that the other beauty powders I have are really quite subtle in the shimmer/glitter department (as in, they really add a sheen, rather than glitter to the face) Whereas this has very obvious sparkle particles in it. The effect is thus sparkly, rather than shimmer-ry, so this is definitely NOT a good product to pick up if you don't like sparkle/glitter. Now, I am not really a fan of high frost or chunky glitter, but I do like this product. The effect is like a fine sparkle on the places you put it, making it a pretty choice for the decollete', browbone, and cheekbone for evenings out. The powder itself is otherwise quite sheer, and doesn't seem to add much color to the skin; if anything, it is a sheer gold wash. I think this is a nice alternative for shimmery body lotions or body glitter - the glitter/sparkle is noticeable, but I don't find it garish. Other beauty powders I have do not have obvious sparkle like this one does; so beware. If you like the subtlety of the beauty powder line in general, this is not one to get. For me, it was nice to add to the collection for when I do want to add a little sparkle to my body or face, but it certainly is not a staple. Probably wouldnt repurchase, but I'm glad I do have it.