Boots No.7 Perfect Lips Pencil 30 Caramel

No Image

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The pigmentation and texture/glide are fab. The colour makes a good nude lip on me, esp with Mac Plastique over it. I think this is HG, or very close.

on 8/15/2009 6:45:00 PM

This is a very soft lip pencil. It comes in the form of a slim plastic pink coloured self propelling pen.

Performance: This is more like an incredibly thin lipstick than a lipliner. When I compare a line of this against a CD lipliner and a E.Lauder one, this one wipes off very, very easily on my hand.
What this is quite good for is providing a base for a heavier, more long lasting liners. The reason for this is that if you've used any product containing silicone in the list of ingredients on your face, some lipliners can't make a line on it, they just slip all over it and don't draw. This liner doesn't do that, presumably because it's so soft but as I say it goes on more like a thin lipstick with little definition. I would imagine that this would be useless for older lips that bleed lipstick.

Shade: As the previous review has said this is a pinky brown shade. I'd prefer it to be a bit darker (the discont'd Clinique cream shaper in Neutrally was my HG) It is a good, realistic color though. The name 'Caramel' is rather misleading though. I suppose it just means that it has elements of brown in it which is great for my complexion.

A few good points in its favour are that it has zero shimmer and it can serve well as a matte lipstick and the slim shape fits easily into a clutch bag.

Popular Lip Liners