Cargo Lipgloss- Xai Xai

Cargo Lipgloss- Xai Xai

3.7

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my signature pot of gloss from cargo! And until San Fran was released I vowed never to use any other color combination from the line. What you get is the most beautiful pink gloss that looks fabulous if you are going for a nude look. It's not too light like some other nude lip glosses. Even if you have dark skin, which I do. I have a natural brown/red lip color and when I apply the pink over it almost looks as though I'm wearing more than just the gloss. The complementary color assigned with the pink is a medium mauve. I usually don't wear it alone but under the pink or lightly spread over the pink. I always run out of the pink before the mauve and I wish cargo would sell the colors as individuals. The consistency of this gloss is the main reason why I continue to use it. Just imagine coating your lips with creamy gloss instead of tacky gloss. If you don't know what creamy gloss feels like, go to sephora and test the gloss for yourself. There really is a difference!!! The cost to own such creamy gloss is kinda expensive, $20 a pop. Just a few things to consider ... keep the pot upright in a flat position. It's been my experience that the gloss can and will spill over if it's warmed by the weather, tipped or sitting in your pocket sideways.

on 5/19/2008 10:33:00 AM

I LOVE this color! At first it frightened me because it is so different from what I normally wear, but it's just perfect! I did not give it 5 lippies because it wears off rather quickly, but the packaging is so cute that I don't mind pulling it out and reapplying! Although the cost is high, the tin is enormous and I know it'll take forever to go through. It's just a beautiful light color and works so well with my complexion (fair with freckles, red hair and green-blue eyes).

on 1/10/2008 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So this is my first Cargo gloss, and I got it mainly to get the free North Pole set which I thought looked gorgeous, but to my surprise, my rave is for Xai-xai. I'm so glad I picked it! One side is a warm non-shimmer pink-brown colour that reminds me of Bobbi Brown's colours; the other is a pink bronze with shimmer, and both colours are wonderfully flattering on my pigmented rose-coloured lips. Plus, the texture is heavenly and just right for a gloss - I can feel it there but my skin can still breathe. It doesn't last long, but no gloss does for me. Now the downsides: the pan is really about half as deep as it appears to be! I depotted a little into a small screw top jar to carry around cos I loved it so (and read the warnings about carrying the huge tin around) and my tiny 3g pot took up almost half the gloss in the pan! Now if Cargo sold these in little pots, I think far less people would be shelling out $20 for them, which I think is sneaky. The other downside is the packaging... what is the sense in putting lipgloss which you have to reapply in a tin?? Sigh. But I love these colours so much, they are worth the hassle, and really the price is OK if you don't feel cheated by Cargo's sneakiness. Overall, this is a new favourite!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My BF bought this for me last summer and I actually forgot that I had it - till today! Wow, the beige in this is such a pretty, sexy nude that that color alone makes this duo worth it. Can't comment on the other shade right now as I still have the beige on, but like I said, the beige all by its glorious self makes this perfect! continued >>

on 6/1/2007 12:40:00 PM

I have this and SoHo. The colors in this are really soft and give a nice YLBB glossy look. This is not long lasting because it is a gloss, but if you use a neutral lipliner or lipstick under it, it works better. There is a peachy shimmer and a peachy pink neutral, the colors work well together or separately and both are very wearable. I use a lip brush to apply. The tin is deceptive because the amount of product is very shallow compared to what you would be led to expect. However, if you look at the amount it is about the same as you would get in a lipstick and the fact that it is packaged in a tin makes it easy to use every last bit. Lipsticks in wand applicators have a lot of wasted product that you can't get out. Update: Have used this all summer and still have loads left, I mix the 2 shades tog. Really happy with how long this has lasted and plan on buying Cargo lip gloss tins in different shades for fall/winter. I have never had a lid come off, or any messes in my purse.

on 5/20/2007 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really liked the color of this and thought that I would really love it, but now I feel like it wasn't worth it. The color doesn't last very long at all because the glosses are INCREDIBLY THIN :( And, as others mentioned, there is tons of packaging for not much gloss (I thought there was more, and was disappointed to see that my Clinique minis have more), Finally the packaging SUCKS. I left mine in my bag and one gloss melted over the divider onto the other, so I ended up having to scoop them out and put them in new containers. Basically the colors are nice, but I would recommend looking for similar colors by another brand. I'm now totally turned off of Cargo glosses :(

One of the few lip glosses I haven't yet tried. I was pretty pleased. Feels nice and slick. Colors are sheer, but Xai Xai's darker shade is beautiful. I like that it's a bit thin. It's a refreshing change from my Lipglass.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i own this and SoHo and i think its going to be my last purchase of cargo lipglosses...the lasting power of these really sux...and its pretty sheer as well...i mean,the color would look great for the first 15 minutes or so and then would completely turn clearish on my uber pigmented lips....xai xai is half pinky/nude/brown and the other is a reddish bronze thats not overly red/dark....i have MMM w/ yellow undertones, C5/C40 skintone...for the price, ur better investing in a glossimer or even a lipglass coz they have better color selections/lasting power.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I wish these were thicker. Cargo's thin texture causes the gloss to wear off faster than I'd like. Also the pan is deceptively shallow. There's a whole lotta package for an average amount of gloss. :P
That said, this is my favorite daytime color duo. The pinky/peach nude cream color is just the right opacity for a lush lip look without looking too milky or uneven. The shimmery pinky/bronze shade blends in for a sexy night look or as a highlighter to the cream shade. It's a gorgeous combination! I will repurchase because of the colors, the price is decent and because they don't dry my lips out. continued >>

on 5/31/2006 2:17:00 PM

Others have described the shades accurately so I won't bother. This is my first Cargo gloss and I must say that I expected more. I like a thicker gloss that spreads evenly and looks dewy, like Armani or MAC; this was too runny for me and didn't last for jack. It went on unevenly and didn't look right - all in all, I felt it was a rip-off.