Shu Uemura Natural 18 Goat Foundation Brush

Shu Uemura Natural 18 Goat Foundation Brush

4.4

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

👎 i got this Shu Uemura #18 brush (goat hair) due to reviews and sadly, this brush is just scratchy on my face in strippling or circular motions for both liquid or powder foundation. I even use hair-conditioner on it and let it sit for 1 hour, twice because i didnt wana give up on it. Disappointingly, i cringed at the prickliness even when softly brushing it on my cheeks. If comfort is real important or a luxury to you when doing makeup, you are better off getting the ridiculously "u-get-what-u-pay-for" uberly-soft yet dense Bisyodo B-FD-01 Foundation Brush ($92), silky-soft Takumi T-3 ($56) or Fu pa 7 ($53) 😣😥😥

on 9/19/2012 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the only shu brush I have (so far), but I can still say that the quality is better than MAC. Not only is the weight of the brush solid in my hand, it is also more dense than mac's version of foundation brushes. As some reviewers pointed out, it's like a giant version of the infamous mac 239. It offers great coverage for your foundation, never applies in streaks, and is very soft. The only thing that bothers me a teensy bit is that it is hard to clean! I have to wash it several times with bare minerals brush shampoo to get that lucite white back on track! I wouldnt buy this again because I think one is more than enough for my collection!

on 2/2/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

OMG this brush rocks! It's super soft bristles give you the smoothest application ever. No streaky foundation. Just flawless looking skin. I hesitated to buy this brush because of its price, but it is definitely worth it. I would buy this again, but I know I won't have to. Shu Uemura brushes last forever!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The BEST. And I have tried them all. It is not flat, so no streaking. It is rather small, which I like, and compact (hairs), unlike the Trish McEvoy new perfection foundation brush. As most, that one is too large and sheers out foundation too much This is just perfect, and you will see no hair loss, etc. It is $42, in a quality price range, and worth every penny because I use it every day.

on 10/20/2011 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I do NOT like this brush. I'm not sure what it is, but everyone seems to love this brush. Foundation goes on streaky no matter which way I apply it, and I never get a natural finish. And ever since I washed it, the bristles are all splayed out and the brush head looks horrible. It looks like the brush has been used and abused and I've only used it less then five times! Worst brush ever.

This is the one. Like finding your other half, or eating the last piece of pie in the fridge. You will fall in LOVE with this brush. Like others have said, it's not the foundation, it's the brush! I have tried MAC's 188 brush, and honestly, it just doesn't compare. Shu Ueumura is #1 in make up brushes, IMO!

on 6/14/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

a great multi-tasker! I use it mainly for foundation, either cream or liquid, and it gives a smooth, even coverage all the time. It can even build layers so it's great for full coverage as well. I also use it to apply my tinted moisturizers. for such a little brush, it does not take me very long at all to apply my foundation, and I can even spot-apply on the sides of my nose or under my eyes. I use it for concealers too. Soft dense hairs do not shed. And I wash it after every use! Definitely a keeper. I'd try to get a backup if I could!

on 6/13/2011 1:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a very expensive brush, but it's totally worth it. It is the ONLY foundation brush I've ever tried (and I tried many) that does not streak the foundation across your face. I use it with a cream foundation, and it works great. It's very small, smaller then most foundation brushes. So far, I've washed it once, and it's retained it's shape well. There is a slight smell to it, but not too bad - it's expected with goat hair, I guess. It has shed a bit, but I'll have to see if that continues. I loooooove this brush, it's super soft. Found my HG foundation brush!

on 4/3/2011 7:59:00 PM

The only brush that I use EVERY day! I've been pretty lucky as this brush has only shed 3 or 4 hairs since i've used it over 50 + times, and I'm pretty rough with it.

I bought this gem from the Shu counter at Holt Renfrew in Toronto. I was reluctant to get it but the sales associate insisted and I'm really glad she did. This really does give my mac cream foundation a perfect airbrushed look. It sometimes smells a little funky when wet, but the smell is diminishing. I also notice it is good for contouring and blush. I collect Shu, Chanel, Nars and Mac brushes, and I find the 18 goat to be my favourite. I may even return all my recent purchases to get 2 more of these..

on 1/27/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This brush has taught me a lot, first of all never to buy Shu brushes off eBay no matter how authentic the seller claims it to be. I got one of these off eBay first, and was incredibly taken back by awful it was, both in quality and application. It also felt kinda rough, nothing like I'm used to with Shu. Eventually I went with my gut and decided the brush had to be fake. I bought one from Shu's website and--seriously, it's sometimes hard to tell from bootleg as far as appearance, but using it makes all the difference. This is quite literally the best brush I've ever used. I dot Chantecaille's Just Skin all over, use the brush to blend it out and my makeup is smooth and even. It's a great tool simply because it brings out the best in your makeup. Then again however, I've only ever used this with liquids. I think this should work well with emollient cream foundations as well--I'm considering buying another one of these for cream blushes.