Revlon Matte Lipstick

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Revlon Matte Lipstick
Matte LipstickMatte LipstickRevlon Matte

4.6

Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline Wax, C10-30 Cholesterol /Lanosterol Esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Synthetic Wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200).]

on 6/24/2016 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

it's a shame that this lipstick doesn't get much recognition. I love them! i own the reds 006 and 007 and they're both lovely! I bought this way way back when it first came out and this is hands down one of the best matte lipsticks out there. On par if not better than MAC matte lipsticks for a fraction of the price. The formula is not drying, it's matte but not super matte so it still give dimensions to your lips. It costs 65k Rupiahs here so around 5 bucks, cheaper I supposed than buying in the US because it is Indonesian made (surprise, surprise). I guess it's not super popular because of the color selection, but I think this line covered pretty much all the basic colors. Try this if you're looking a cheap (but great) alternative to MAC matte lipstick you won't regret it!

on 1/23/2016 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I think Revlon is discontinuing these lipsticks. I tested 015-Seduction Sienna (deep brown) in the store and was totally in love. I just kept thinking about it... I did use it on top of my pink lipstick and it was such an elegant colour, I felt like Jessica Alba on the red carpet.

Turns out it is buy 1 free 1. So I took 006-Really Red as the free gift even though I was unsure as I have a lot of reds.

I came home tried both of them again. Boy was I in for a surprise!

Really Red - Old Hollywood red. It was gorgeous! Sophisticated and elegant. Very gala night feel.

Seduction Sienna - This one looks different than in the store. It's a deep brown on its own and could be hard to work with. I love it though. I don't have colours like these, staying so safe with coral & bright reds... I'm loving this old Hollywood lips so much.

on 8/2/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a bunch of these in different shades on sale for $3.99 at SDM since they're regularly $7.99 - $10.49 and it was the best decision I ever made! I wasn't really into lip products but these have got me hooked! I typically apply a thin layer of lipbalm, do my face makeup, and then apply the lipstick. Then I either blot it with a layer of tissue paper OR I dip my finger into some power and apply it on top. I LOVE the matte finish it gives and man did I hit jackpot with "Mauve It Over". It is my HG lipstick!!

I took 1 lippie off the packaging because for some reason out of the 8 - 9 Revlon matte lipsticks I bought, MIO was the only one that seemed to always scrape the white plastic in the tube so the bullet came up pretty scratched up after a few uses. Even if I had not dropped it and it broke, I would have probably still depotted it into another container.

on 3/1/2013 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I like the feel of these SL Matte lipsticks, moisturizing but they don't come off with one sip of water. But the colors just don't work great for me I'll try the regular Super Lustrous range.

Mauve it Over is a pretty, muted milky shade of berry. It just disappears on my skin tone (NC25) and natural lips because my own lips happen to be this pretty shade of berry!

Really Red is nice but a bit too sharp, like tones of vermillion in it almost. I might need to layer it with a deeper red.

on 10/1/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am going to disagree with the other reviewers -- I don't like this lipstick. I have it in Nude Attitude and Smoked Peach. Maybe there are differences in quality between different colors but these two colors I have come on very unevenly and cling to dry patches even when you don't have dry patches! I would recommend Sephora's number 07 in Maniac Mat if you want a nude peach and one of NYX matte lipsticks if you are looking for a standard nude.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i love love these lipsticks, i never would have thought i would love matte lipstick but these have changed my mind, i have pink shades and wish they would make more, maybe ill get a red one, who knows, but these have what made me fall in love with revlon as a brand.

These are amazing lipsticks. They are matte and don't feel drying AT ALL they don't have a scent. They are very creamy and glide on smoothly. They last a long time and don't smudge all over my teeth. My mom loves them too. Go buy some! :D

on 3/16/2012 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

It's sad how there's so much hate for this product. I think this is drying yes, but it can definately be worked with! For a drugstore lippie going for SG$13.90, you've got to give and take I think. Fantastic pigmentation and perfect finish, I've always put Vaseline before I sleep and before I put on any lip product and the lipstick goes on fine! I don't think the lipstick should be applied bare though, that might be he reason why it's so drying. Some chapstick or balm will def do the trick. I personally love these lippes! Gonna get them all, Revlon!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

cheap lipstick sucks. expenisve lipstick burns a hole in your pocket. revlon= just right. the price is worth it. stays on well. blends well. looks nice. i bought pink pout cant wait to try the others.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I adore these lipsticks. If I wear lipsticks, I want them to be bold. I think, if I'm going to wear a MLBB shade or something like it, my own lips are probably fine. But these are great for the look I like, richly colored and matte. I either blot them on as a stain or do the whole lip liner, powder lips, apply from the bullet, use a lip brush routine for POW lips. I really like Strawberry Suede, In the Red, and Really Red. Love them with flicked black liner.

I don't find them drying, but I always apply some balm about 5 minutes before I put them on so I have a smooth canvas. Make sure your lips are exfoliated first. The packaging looks really nice, nothing you'd be ashamed to whip out and touch up with.