Revlon Matte Lipstick

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Revlon Matte Lipstick
Matte LipstickMatte LipstickRevlon Matte

4.3

Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline Wax, C10-30 Cholesterol /Lanosterol Esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Synthetic Wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200).]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mauve it over and will be repurchasing it once it runs out - I wear it constantly, it goes with everything! My favourite lipstick hands down, will be buying in some other shades at some point.

on 1/18/2012 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I HATE THESE. The Really Red was the only one I liked of the bunch. I bought Really Red, Smoked Peach, and Mauve it Over. The other two dried my lips out and SUNK INTO ALL THE LINES IN MY LIPS. And that is with exfoliating and moisturizing my lips completely. I hate these and returned all three. I will not be buying again. I love matte lipsticks and know they can be drying...but I WON'T be buying these...I cannot recommend these at all....beautiful colours though. If they made them in another formulation I would buy them.

Can't say enough about these mattes! The product is comparable to MAC. I love Strawberry Suede the best, but I hear it's discontinued. I also recommend the nude for a super mod pale lip. I haven't worn Revlon lipstick since I was obsessed with Blackberry in highschool, but I'm back as a customer.

on 7/17/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really, really love the Revlon Matte lipstick line. I have Nude Attitude, Pink Pout, Pink About It, Strawberry Suede, Really Red, In the Red, Wine Not, and Fabulous Fig. I'm thinking about getting Stormy Pink soon. The only color I've ever disliked enough to return was Sky Pink. These lipsticks are opaque, buildable, and totally matte. The matte finish looks super sophisticated on and they last for hours and hours, even through eating and drinking. The lipstick packaging--simple matte black, silver Revlon label, clear window--is my favorite in the drugstore. They will not condition your lips and they are dry... they're matte... but they won't ruin your lips either. Because they are matte, they will draw attention to any flakes on your lips--especially the pale shades--so make sure your lips are exfoliated and conditioned beforehand. They're so versatile because you can wear them matte, wear them over or under balm, or under gloss. The lasting power is impressive, even when the lipsticks are topped with a gloss or balm. I love the color range. There are some gorgeous colors in this line, as small as it is. Amazing. As other reviewers have said, this is like a high end collection got stuck in a drugstore twilight zone.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

All of the shades I have tried, with the exception of Mauve it Over, have been winners. They are all nicely pigmented and wear well. I haven't found them to be very drying, but I do wear a light balm underneath. My faves are Strawberry Suede (d/c) and Smoked Peach.

on 1/8/2011 11:23:00 AM

Revlon's Best - Matte Lipstick

All the reviews are right. There's not much more to add, really. Another rare case of cosmetic advertising being true AND accurate.

I was thrilled when these first came out. The colours that work for my skin tone are Strawberry Suede, Pink About It, Really Red and oddly enough, Mauve About It.

Re: MAUVE ABOUT IT ~

It's hard enough to do a good Nude Lip anyway, and doubly-so if you have medium/olive-toned skin. (You risk looking freshly enbalmed if you don't get it just right!) I apply a long-lasting strong base colour, wipe it off, line my lips and apply "Mauve About It" on top. And that works beautifully for me.

(My old stand-by, L'Oreal's Color Endure in 'Honey Honey' has long been discontinued).
I don't care for the 2 new shades to this line, though I can imagine it working for other skin tones.

Kudos to Revlon for this line of Matte Lipsticks for they've got it just right. It's matte but not flat, it doesn't dehydrate your lips like the first generation of matte lipsticks, the staying power is very good and the pricing is unbeatable. This line is small but well-edited with colours that would suit most skintones. They can be found for less than $7.00 in mass market retailers and are never over $11.00, even in pharmacies.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wine not is the prettiest shade I've ever found. I cant wear pinks or bright reds, so I do wish Revlon had more color options, but I'm very pleased with this one. This lipstick is 100% comparable to MACs matte lipsticks, and much cheaper. The only reason why I still buy MAC lipsticks is because they offer some more color options.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love the reds in this line. I currently have three of them; Nude Attitude, Strawberry Suede, and Really Red. I don't really care for the nude one, it is too dark and cakey looking for my complexion, but the reds are absolutely brilliant. Strawberry is more pinky/red and very bright, and Really Red is your classic elegant crimson. Both look great on pale complexions. I have found that the colors are very long lasting, even after eating and drinking. You have to make sure that your lips are moisturized before putting it on because it looks horrible over dry/cracked lips. Might I also add that I adore the packaging on this product for the sheer fact that you can see through the lid the exact color that you are getting before you buy it. I definitely think that all lipsticks should do this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Really great line of lipsticks. I have bought a few and all the shades are quite nice. They go on super easily, they are nice and creamy. Really good pigmentation. Stays on quite well throughout the day. Would definitely continue to buy

on 1/4/2010 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have Fabulous Fig and Strawberry Suede. I think Strawberry Suede looks amazing on me. I tried these because a friend sent me the Fabulous Fig and I was amazed at how the texture looked on, so I grabbed Strawberry Suede. I really love the color, the texture and how it looks on me. Definitely give these a try and watch for them to be BOGO. They seem to wear a long time, which is impressive.

Edited to add:
I picked up Pink Pout, Pink About It, Nude Attitude, In the Red, Really Red, and Wine Not when they were on sale for $1.99 at CVS (75% off)

I love the long lasting nature of these lipsticks, and they're not drying, which is fantastic.