Revlon Matte Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Revlon Matte Lipstick
Matte LipstickMatte LipstickRevlon Matte

4.5

Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline Wax, C10-30 Cholesterol /Lanosterol Esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Synthetic Wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200).]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mauve it over and will be repurchasing it once it runs out - I wear it constantly, it goes with everything! My favourite lipstick hands down, will be buying in some other shades at some point.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love the reds in this line. I currently have three of them; Nude Attitude, Strawberry Suede, and Really Red. I don't really care for the nude one, it is too dark and cakey looking for my complexion, but the reds are absolutely brilliant. Strawberry is more pinky/red and very bright, and Really Red is your classic elegant crimson. Both look great on pale complexions. I have found that the colors are very long lasting, even after eating and drinking. You have to make sure that your lips are moisturized before putting it on because it looks horrible over dry/cracked lips. Might I also add that I adore the packaging on this product for the sheer fact that you can see through the lid the exact color that you are getting before you buy it. I definitely think that all lipsticks should do this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Really great line of lipsticks. I have bought a few and all the shades are quite nice. They go on super easily, they are nice and creamy. Really good pigmentation. Stays on quite well throughout the day. Would definitely continue to buy

on 3/31/2009 9:13:00 PM

After doing some research here for a good lipstick.. (I found that the best way for me to buy makeup is to see what brand of coupons I have, and come here to find what kind of product I need, and go for the highest rated. I discovered this after some trials and errors where I bought makeup, came home, read the reviews, and returned a good percentage of my purchase :) )
When I read about this limited edition line coming out, I was pleased to read the reviews of the "Nude" lipstick. But I also heard great things about "In the Red" and "Wine Not?", so I got all three.
In my last photoshoot, this makeup allowed me to EASILY change my look. I started with nude on my lips, so the photo naturally drew attention to my eyes. I then did "In the Red", for a classic smoky eye and red lip, then the deeper "wine Not?". When I darkened my eye makeup and added a shot of blue to my eyes, this lipcolor was easy to wipe off, and reapplying the nude made it easy to start a new look without the residual redness you usually see after wiping off lip color. I was able to then do bright blue eyes with the nude, red, then deep wine lips again, once again easily changing lip color with a clean palette.
So, for MAs and models, I suggest this lipstick with HIGH ratings.
I love the fact that these colors are all matte, as it allows me to pair a slightly more flamboyant eye and still have some color on my lip, and I never look like a drag queen. You can then use brightening powder or a gloss on some other part of your face.
These lipsticks are wonderful and buildable. With a brush, I can go from a hint of color to full red lips with a few brushstrokes, and any mistakes I make are easily fixed with a swipe of my pinky finger. This color is very durable and wears well. It may need to be reapplied if you need a dramatic lip all day, but if you want to start the day with a rich lip and dont want to keep a tube in your purse, by the end of work, or your date, you will have a less dramatic, but still very pretty wash of color. The color does not degrade, so you will have the same color lip all night, even if it is less intense.
I am exceptionally fair skinned, and while the tube's color made me nervous at first, I knew I needed to try it after I had read such good reviews of the reds, and had liked the Nude. Start with a little bit of color, and see how it fits you. And with almost no taste or smell, its a GREAT find for those of us who are exceptionally smell sensitive.
I sincerely hope that Revlon keeps these wonderful matte shades around permanently, otherwise I will have to stock up now :)
Oh! And for those of you who are having flaky lips and cant carry off this color, I found GREAT success with a small bowl of honey and sugar mixed in a bowl that I take into the shower with me. The honey is a natural antibacterial, and the sugar is a really nice gentle exfoliator, as the water and heat as you rub it in to your lips cause the granules to shrink (giving you a finer exfoliation) and ultimately dizzolve. Its easy to wash off, you dont have to worry about getting chemicals in your mouth, its more accurate than a toothbrush (trust me, I have textured lips, I've been looking for something like this forever) and you can literally see results as soon as you step out of the shower.
I do this at night and layer on lip balm right after I get out of the shower, along with drinking a full glass of water. Since water escapes from your lips at night, this gives you softer lips in the morning, and soft skin flakes away, it literally peels right off, no more cracked lips, or flakes that make them bleed or take off too many layers at one time. Use a washcloth in the morning, and you're ready for bright red lips.
If you have dry or oily skin, or even if you just need a simple exfoliater, use this on your face, too! This also provides instantly visible results in the mirror. You can even use it under your arms to kill bacteria and exfoliate to prevent ingrown hairs.

I have been searching for matte lipsticks and I was so excited to have finally found one. They seem to sell out quickly as walmart and target were both out of almost ever color! :(

I am SO excited about this though. I check almost daily to see when they will have my colors in stock. I now own Fabulous Fig, In The Red, Pink About It, and Nude Attitude.

I love them all! Nude is good for a casual, natural look. I like the Fig color to wear to work, red for evenings, and the pink color mainly to dress things up during the day or to wear when I'm out with a girls or on a daytime date. I love them all!!

on 1/19/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I hate matte lipsticks, but they leave such a nice stain on the lips if you take an extra 30 seconds. I have nearly all of Revlon's new matte shades...I apply a couple coats of the color, then add a sheer gloss on the top, and I get the best color that money can buy. I think revlon's matte color perform just like Chanel and MAC, so at 7.99 these are a bargain!