Revlon Matte Lipstick

Revlon Matte Lipstick
Matte LipstickMatte LipstickRevlon Matte

4.5

Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline Wax, C10-30 Cholesterol /Lanosterol Esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Synthetic Wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200).]

on 6/24/2016 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

it's a shame that this lipstick doesn't get much recognition. I love them! i own the reds 006 and 007 and they're both lovely! I bought this way way back when it first came out and this is hands down one of the best matte lipsticks out there. On par if not better than MAC matte lipsticks for a fraction of the price. The formula is not drying, it's matte but not super matte so it still give dimensions to your lips. It costs 65k Rupiahs here so around 5 bucks, cheaper I supposed than buying in the US because it is Indonesian made (surprise, surprise). I guess it's not super popular because of the color selection, but I think this line covered pretty much all the basic colors. Try this if you're looking a cheap (but great) alternative to MAC matte lipstick you won't regret it!

on 1/23/2016 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I think Revlon is discontinuing these lipsticks. I tested 015-Seduction Sienna (deep brown) in the store and was totally in love. I just kept thinking about it... I did use it on top of my pink lipstick and it was such an elegant colour, I felt like Jessica Alba on the red carpet.

Turns out it is buy 1 free 1. So I took 006-Really Red as the free gift even though I was unsure as I have a lot of reds.

I came home tried both of them again. Boy was I in for a surprise!

Really Red - Old Hollywood red. It was gorgeous! Sophisticated and elegant. Very gala night feel.

Seduction Sienna - This one looks different than in the store. It's a deep brown on its own and could be hard to work with. I love it though. I don't have colours like these, staying so safe with coral & bright reds... I'm loving this old Hollywood lips so much.

To Read all 66 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/2/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a bunch of these in different shades on sale for $3.99 at SDM since they're regularly $7.99 - $10.49 and it was the best decision I ever made! I wasn't really into lip products but these have got me hooked! I typically apply a thin layer of lipbalm, do my face makeup, and then apply the lipstick. Then I either blot it with a layer of tissue paper OR I dip my finger into some power and apply it on top. I LOVE the matte finish it gives and man did I hit jackpot with "Mauve It Over". It is my HG lipstick!!

I took 1 lippie off the packaging because for some reason out of the 8 - 9 Revlon matte lipsticks I bought, MIO was the only one that seemed to always scrape the white plastic in the tube so the bullet came up pretty scratched up after a few uses. Even if I had not dropped it and it broke, I would have probably still depotted it into another container.

on 3/1/2013 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I like the feel of these SL Matte lipsticks, moisturizing but they don't come off with one sip of water. But the colors just don't work great for me I'll try the regular Super Lustrous range.

Mauve it Over is a pretty, muted milky shade of berry. It just disappears on my skin tone (NC25) and natural lips because my own lips happen to be this pretty shade of berry!

Really Red is nice but a bit too sharp, like tones of vermillion in it almost. I might need to layer it with a deeper red.

on 10/10/2012 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had four or five of these lipsticks and because they are being discontinued in (my part of?) Europe I was able to get them for cheaper in many stores in the last months. I gave ''Really red'' and ''In the red'' to my friend because they were not creamy enough (I like my reds creamy) and because the color wasn't very flattering on my NW15 skin, plus they looked like they were dupes of each other so there was no point in having both. I really don't understand how one range that contains about 20-30 lipsticks includes two that look almost the same.
Nude attitude had a nice formula but the color was catastrophic, it was a sickly orangey nude, not a pretty pink/brown one so I tossed it a week after I got it.
I really like Pink about it and it is probably my favorite shade in the range, very vibrant and summery. The formula unfortunately does accentuate any dry spot and even moisturizing beforehand doesn't help a lot plus you end up with glossy lips which isn't the look I go for when I buy a matte lipstick.
Sky Pink (which I am not sure belongs in this range) is a beautiful color but because of its paleness the dry patches are even more obvious and even good preparation of lips doesn't help IMO.
All in all I am happy that there is a matte range in drugstores but the formula really isn't anything special, I find Wet n' wild's matte lipstick line much better.
Once applied on the lips the feeling wasn't that uncomfortable but it still wasn't that pleasant to wear. The lipstick doesn't have a scent or taste. I would buy again because I noticed some shades are better than others and because there are so many pretty colors in it. I am quite sad that I couldn't get my hands on Strawberrry suede.

on 10/1/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am going to disagree with the other reviewers -- I don't like this lipstick. I have it in Nude Attitude and Smoked Peach. Maybe there are differences in quality between different colors but these two colors I have come on very unevenly and cling to dry patches even when you don't have dry patches! I would recommend Sephora's number 07 in Maniac Mat if you want a nude peach and one of NYX matte lipsticks if you are looking for a standard nude.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i love love these lipsticks, i never would have thought i would love matte lipstick but these have changed my mind, i have pink shades and wish they would make more, maybe ill get a red one, who knows, but these have what made me fall in love with revlon as a brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mauve it over and will be repurchasing it once it runs out - I wear it constantly, it goes with everything! My favourite lipstick hands down, will be buying in some other shades at some point.

These are amazing lipsticks. They are matte and don't feel drying AT ALL they don't have a scent. They are very creamy and glide on smoothly. They last a long time and don't smudge all over my teeth. My mom loves them too. Go buy some! :D

on 5/15/2012 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Revlon's matte lipstick formula is opaque, pigmented, shimmerless, and best of all, non-drying. I have three shades -- Mauve it Over (medium warm nude), Sky Pink (pale peachy pink), and Pink About It (a saturated bright pinkish coral), which is my favorite.