Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Hidden Fantasy

2.5

on 7/24/2015 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I don't usually review fragrance because I'm crap at describing them, so when I realized what this smelled like, I had to let you all know: Hidden Fantasy is deeply reminiscent of panettone, the Italian orange cake. It's warm, bready, citrusy-- over a subtly woodsy base with a dash of spice. Yes, it's decidedly sweet-- though a bit less cavity-inducing than the other Fantasies. But it's so Christmas-y to me (the panettone!)

My second favorite of of the fantasy line. It smells like orange cream cake! It is really sweet, and yummy.

on 3/9/2012 2:47:00 PM

Could be that i just got a bad bottle of this, but it smelled like cough syrup on my skin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I grew up in the Britney era, and have seen her many ups and downs. So naturally I've tried many of her fragrances over the years, and never thought good ol' Fantasy could be topped, until I received this little gem in a swap. (thanks leociccone!) This scent is absolutely beautiful. Not strong, not overwhelming, just lovely, clean, warm, and calming. I did some research on Hidden Fantasy online, and discovered the two notes that I find most endearing and original (the orange and the cloves) are the ones that repel most others. I'm an Angel junkie, so it's hard for me to adapt to and love anything else, but there is now room on my vanity for this one. It also prompted my classmate to tell me that I always smell good! Definitely my new favorite.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tested this one at the store, but didn't buy. On the right person, this would smell quite nice but it didn't on me. I found it to be a bit cloying and I didn't like how this scent lingered on my skin. It's quite dominant in the orange/mandarin notes with a spicy sort of smell which wasn't too appealing for me. It dried down to an amber/musk combo. It's not bad, but I prefer other Britney perfumes over this.

on 2/16/2011 10:42:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

If this one costs 10 bucks, I will buy it just for the beautiful bottle which is the nicest in fantasy range, but its scent is the worst. I tried it 4 times on me and even my friends, hoped that I were wrong but actually nothing about it that should be called Fantasy. It opens with faint orange, just a bit warm spicy edge by clove. Not bad nor impress either, then just 15 mins it dried down straight to ordinary oriental vanilla. Done! No more layers, I cant detect any bit of cherry notes, cup cake or gourmand smell. Its very boring, out there hundred perfumes with vanilla base better than this. And the lasting power is a disappointment too, just about 1hour from the opening till it completely gone. The only good thing is this Hidden Fantasy not over powering

This perfume smelled like every other boring floral fruity blend aimed at teens, and then it was undetectable after fifteen minutes. Quite a disappointment.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This smells like BUG SPRAY and old lady perfume!!..I have, and love most of Britney's frags.. I also am a fan of hers in general. In reality though, my description of this one would be: I do not smell any of the "cherry" scent that is often mentioned, I do not smell any sweet, vanilla, sugary, fruity smell that is supposed to be in there... maybe that's why it's Hidden Fantasy... it's definitely hidden, that's for sure. What I do smell, is the bitter zest/orange, verbena and the clove makes it even spicier and more bitter. Added to the already bitter citrus notes makes it smell like offensive bug spray. The drydown, in my opinion smelled no different than the initial spray, except fainter. Yikes... returning asap

on 12/10/2009 10:01:00 PM

I just ended up smelling like I ate a bucketful of oranges :D not exactly the scent I'd be going for. Thankfullly it didn't last long on me, but considering perfumes should have SOME staying power at least, this isn't entirely a good thing.
It smells like cheap bodyspray and does not last longer than a couple of minutes, not worth your money.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Smells exactly like an orange creamsicle!!!! I don't like orange scents so I definitely don't like it, too bad because I think Britney's previous fragrances are amazing and I love them all except for this one and Believe, which are the only Britney ones I haven't purchased and which I won't purchase so far. I don't know what's wrong with Britney, this one and Believe, her latest ones, are so bad when her fragrances used to be soo yummy!!! Brit should go the candy & yummy super sweet foody route because she made some of the best in that category!!!! My favorite out of all her fragrances is Fantasy. I haven't smelled Circus Fantasy yet since it's not yet available in my country, I can't wait to smell it, hopefully it's so much better and all sweet and yummy like her first ones!!!!

Popular Fragrances