Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Hidden Fantasy

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Hidden Fantasy
Britney Spears - Hidden FantasyBritney Spears - Hidden FantasyBritney Spears - Hidden Fantasy

2.8

I love all kinds of scents, from gourmands to fruity florals to strong hard-to-peg scents( Iike the sadly discontinued Tom Ford Black Orchid Voile de Fleur). My skin has a way of taking some fragrances with certain notes (jasmine, musks and some gourmands) into Johnson’s baby powder territory. Which I dislike (looking at you Chanel #5). And there are others that do surprisingly well that on paper(literally) would tell me to run the other way... Like Britney Spears Hidden Fantasy. On first spray , Hidden Fantasy comes off like an orange cream soda/orange poppy seed cake with a touch of spice. As my skin continued to heat it up,the orange note stayed steady and the “imitation” vanilla note gave way to the faint spicy note from earlier. Which somehow makes the orange note stronger/crisp without either being/becoming cloying. I passed over the original Fantasy and the much liked Midnight Fantasy as they did not do well on my skin (both going flat quickly with a strange, harsh twinge of vanilla). Hidden Fantasy on the other hand held up very well- especially the citrus note. I’m looking forward to layering this with Commodity Bergamot (my favorite stand alone/layering) perfume or even their Mimosa or Gold fragrances.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The fragrance features sweet orange, tangerine, grapefruit blossom, verbena, clove, Napolitano cake, Stargazer lily, Sambac jasmine, vanilla bean, Jacaranda wood, sandalwood and amber...or at least, that's the description given by Fragrantica.

I however, get a quick, sweet blast of citrus that fades into a clean scent very much like a much fainter Jean Paul Gaultier Classique. It is very well done and appealing but...not what I was expecting.

I get NO spice, NO cake, NO vanilla, NO sugar. The overall freshness makes this seems to be a spring/summer scent.

If you like this, you should try:
~Tocca Brigitte~JPG Classique~

on 1/8/2018 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Last year,I received hidden fantasy as a birthday gift from a very dear friend who knew I collect Britney fragrances.I liked it from the first minute but not too much.this year,I find myself reaching for it more often and liking it a lot more.I've used up half of my 3.4oz bottle and I feel I may miss it after going through this bottle and I may decide to repurchase it
I usually don't like citrus scents but hidden fantasy is not a sharp,sour,zesty or too much fresh one,it's a warm citrus scent thanks to vanilla and creamy sandalwood.unlike other people,I can't pickup spices here.it smells really like orange-vanilla homemade cookies and I find this scent very comforting in these cold winter days.though orange and vanilla are first actors,I don't find it overly sweet or childish.I don't wear it in formal occasions or nights out but I use it a lot as an everyday,casual perfume and nights that I'm at home
All Britney perfumes have very good longevity on my skin and hidden fantasy is no exception.I like fantasy bottles and I love to collect them all.this deep red round glass bottle with pink gemstones is among prettier ones

on 7/24/2015 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I don't usually review fragrance because I'm crap at describing them, so when I realized what this smelled like, I had to let you all know: Hidden Fantasy is deeply reminiscent of panettone, the Italian orange cake. It's warm, bready, citrusy-- over a subtly woodsy base with a dash of spice. Yes, it's decidedly sweet-- though a bit less cavity-inducing than the other Fantasies. But it's so Christmas-y to me (the panettone!)

My second favorite of of the fantasy line. It smells like orange cream cake! It is really sweet, and yummy.

on 3/9/2012 2:47:00 PM

Could be that i just got a bad bottle of this, but it smelled like cough syrup on my skin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I grew up in the Britney era, and have seen her many ups and downs. So naturally I've tried many of her fragrances over the years, and never thought good ol' Fantasy could be topped, until I received this little gem in a swap. (thanks leociccone!) This scent is absolutely beautiful. Not strong, not overwhelming, just lovely, clean, warm, and calming. I did some research on Hidden Fantasy online, and discovered the two notes that I find most endearing and original (the orange and the cloves) are the ones that repel most others. I'm an Angel junkie, so it's hard for me to adapt to and love anything else, but there is now room on my vanity for this one. It also prompted my classmate to tell me that I always smell good! Definitely my new favorite.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tested this one at the store, but didn't buy. On the right person, this would smell quite nice but it didn't on me. I found it to be a bit cloying and I didn't like how this scent lingered on my skin. It's quite dominant in the orange/mandarin notes with a spicy sort of smell which wasn't too appealing for me. It dried down to an amber/musk combo. It's not bad, but I prefer other Britney perfumes over this.

on 2/16/2011 10:42:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

If this one costs 10 bucks, I will buy it just for the beautiful bottle which is the nicest in fantasy range, but its scent is the worst. I tried it 4 times on me and even my friends, hoped that I were wrong but actually nothing about it that should be called Fantasy. It opens with faint orange, just a bit warm spicy edge by clove. Not bad nor impress either, then just 15 mins it dried down straight to ordinary oriental vanilla. Done! No more layers, I cant detect any bit of cherry notes, cup cake or gourmand smell. Its very boring, out there hundred perfumes with vanilla base better than this. And the lasting power is a disappointment too, just about 1hour from the opening till it completely gone. The only good thing is this Hidden Fantasy not over powering

This perfume smelled like every other boring floral fruity blend aimed at teens, and then it was undetectable after fifteen minutes. Quite a disappointment.

Popular Fragrances