Cover Girl Simply Ageless

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Ozokerite, Acetyl Glucosamine, Silica, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Methicone, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain: Iron Oxides, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This foundation is some kind of witchcraft. I have super dry super pale skin... this foundation matches my shade (205 is lighter in this line than in their others), it manages to not aggravate my dry skin or cling to my numerous dry patches, yet magically still looks somewhat matte, which helps to hide texture issues (I am at an age where I have both lines and pimples to conceal) (it's loads of fun).

I apply the foundation with a damp Beauty Blender... being careful to use a light hand, because it is easy to overdo it with this one. I have seen others describe it as medium coverage, but it seems full to me. I add a cream blush (have been using ELF cream blush lately), and a liquid luminizer (Loreal or ELF are go to's for me). It sets down nicely without powder, and doesn't transfer. Random strangers have complimented my skin when I am wearing this... little do they know it is the foundation doing all the work. I have never had another foundation perform this way, high end or drugstore.

I highly suggest getting the accompanying primer; I see a huge difference when I use the foundation with it... it almost seems like a serum, very hydrating. I also always moisturize before priming, waiting a few minutes for the moisturizer t soak in first. They discontinued the accompanying concealer, but I have been using the new NARS matte concealer; it is a similar texture, but more opaque and longer lasting, and works really well with this foundation. I apply that to my undereyes with the tip of the damp beauty blender.

Only suggestion I would have for packaging improvement: add a mirror! But all in all, that is a minor gripe. I keep trying to quit you, CG (trying to go cruelty free), but I cannot find anything that comes close to this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a decent creme foundation from the drugstore. However, it is far from being HG for me and here's why:

Skin Type/Formula: I have dry-combo skin. Most of the time, would go a bit oily around the tip of my nose. The issue with this foundation is due to it's creme to almost powder finish for me. It could look cakey if you are not careful with your setting powder. So for my dry skin ladies, prep your skin properly and make sure your skin is fully moisturized.

Shade: I am an NC 20 -25 depending on the season. More of NC 20 during the winter months and 225 Buff Beige works for me.

Application: I have tried smearing this using my fingers and dotting this around my face then stippling it using my RT Sponge and the application was ok. I still have to try using a brush, but I am afraid to cause micro exfoliation buffing this on my skin.

Finish: This is a matte finish.

Overall, I may have to use this during the warmer months to make it more emollient. However, this could be a potential HG for someone who has a normal skin and would like to incorporate skin care on their base makeup.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Really nice foundation, medium coverage and sits well on my skin.

I'm currently loving this foundation. It has excellent, immediate coverage that looks natural and matches my skin tone. I bought buff beige, opened the container and immediately thought it was too dark, but it matches my olive skin perfectly. It takes me a minute to cover my entire face lightly and it covers imperfections extremely well. I used it initially without moisturizer underneath and it looked fake, so I've been using Nivea soft generously underneath, waiting several minutes, then applying this foundation. I am very pleased. I also bought the Simply Ageless 3-in-1 foundation and it is also very good.

I thought this would work for dry skin and look luminous, but it actually just looks dry and cakey even over moisturizer. I was attracted to the fact it had a mineral sunscreen (Titanium dioxide). Funny thing that no one has mentioned this benefit. It's actually a major plus if you are trying to ramp up your SPF. Putting a chemical sunscreen over moisturizer is useless. If you have combo/oily skin this would probably be fine, but it does nothing for drier skin types.
I'm going back to Aquasmooth compact cream/powder which is more moisturizing and also has mineral sunblock (SPF 15).

I have had my eye on this foundation for a long time ago and the other day decided to purchase it finally. In Canada it's rather expensive for a covergirl foundation and averages around $16. After reading many reviews saying to go a shade darker than usual because the color blends with the white olay serum, I did just that and maybe I went too dark but the shade is a little too orangey for my fair skin and the product is not very blendable. As far as cream foundations go I would recommend maybelline dream smooth over this any day! I will say the lasting power of this foundaction is quite good.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had read in a magazine that this was a good foundation for dry skin. I love creme foundations but since I returned my cover FX because the girl at Sephora swatched me wrong, I was on the hunt for a new one. I decided to give this a shot after watching a couple of YouTubers' reviews and holy hell, I am in love. I bought one at Walgreens to try it out and immediately was blown away by the coverage and natural look of it. I promptly went back for another.

I've used L'oreal Revitalift Creme Foundation in the past until they discontinued it.
I turned to this foundation only because it was the closest I could find to the L'oreal one.
This is the best creme foundation I've used- pretty close to the L'oreal Revitalift. It has a serum blended in which makes application smoothly and my skin looks dewy fresh and easy breezy. The shades run lighter than what's shown in the packaging- I purchased #255 Soft Honey but I should have purchased Tan. I've just been warming it up with Hula Bronzer- works like a charm. I found this at Walmart for $12. The lowest price I've seen compared to Walgreens and Rite Aid where it sells for $16.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This foundation has amazing coverage! And it looks so natural and poreless on the skin. If you don't buff it in well with a brush, it will definitely be heavy and cakey, but putting on a thin layer with a good brush makes it beautiful. It has good lasting power on me, but I do set it and usually need to touch up once during hotter days. I just hate how expensive it is, especially considering it's not a lot of product. A little goes a long way because the coverage is great, but I still go through the small amount much faster than other foundations.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have never had good luck with a creme fdtn. Finish would look cakey and sink into every pore and fine line on my face. Vowed I would never purchase a creme fdtn again.

While looking at fdtns at the drugstore, this stood out to me. Admit the swirl on top of the fdtn, staring me in the face through the top of the compact, caught my attention. There I go~ bought a creme fdtn, which I thought I would never buy again.

Applied Simply Ageless with a stippling brush. Glides well over skin, evens skin tone, and doesn't dry out my skin. This is a thicker fdtn than I prefer, but for a creme, impressed with the finish. It is slightly thicker than a liquid fdtn, but not a thick, cakey, "what do you have on your face" look. I prefer a luminous finish (L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup is my HG ds fdtn), but if one prefers a creme fdtn, recommend Simply Ageless.

Colors run lighter than they appear in the package. Bought 225 Buff Beige, and on my skin, it looks next door to ivory. 225 Buff Beige is too light to wear as a fdtn, but not going to toss this aside. Found an excellent use for this..when I am in the mood for a natural look on my eyes, will pat this on my eyelids with a stippling brush. It brightens the upper lid, and looks like my natural skin tone. Really like the look of this on my eyelids.

It is packaged in a circular compact with a screw on lid. After removing lid, fdtn is located in the top portion of the compact, instead of at the bottom. Get ready to turn the lid you removed upside down to see the fdtn. The bottom of the compact has a flip top to access the sponge for application.

Rating with three lippies as a fdtn; however, as a highlighter on eyes, rate with five lippies.