COVERGIRL Plus Olay Simply Ageless

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Ozokerite, Acetyl Glucosamine, Silica, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Methicone, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain: Iron Oxides, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide

This makeup is STUNNING. I am so terrified that it will be discontinued, that I called CoverGirl and begged them to keep it. I suddenly decided to get away from liquid foundations. There aren't too many hard compact ones on the market so I decided to try this. I'd used Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in ivory and it was/is gorgeous also. The quality is fantastic. But they discontinued it and I cried and complained to them. They said a lot of woman are calling about this so I don't understand why something that sells well and is loved by so many....just disappears off the shelves.

That's when I found myself staring at this CoverGirl. I finally bought the natural ivory. It is drop dead gorgeous. It's what I call hard-soft. So it's not mushy and not a thin, fluffy mousse or like a cushion product. It's velvety smooth and satiny and silky. And if you're feeling a little dry, this hard-soft white cream swirling around is just what you need to smooth out the skin. The coverage is full and perfect. It feels so good to swipe your finger across this foundation; with such an easy glide. The quality is a million dollars.

I tried $38.00 IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Compact. Nice, but nothing to rave about. I'd go back to this CoverGirl product any time, any day. Again, GORGEOUS. The ivory is too light for me and I steer clear of classic ivories because those, traditionally, lean toward orange/yellow/gold undertones. So natural ivory was perfect for me. More of a white/pink undertone. Fantastic coverage, soft, beautiful, you can layer as much and build as much as you want or just go light. When my face is done, it's flawless. I can't recommend this foundation enough. I'm thrilled with it. No caking, no transferring, wears well all day. Smooth, silky, rich. I love waking in the morning and applying it.

I love this makeup after a couple of hours. It seems to look better after is has settled into my skin after awhile. I like this for a full coverage evening look.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is one of the worst foundations I've ever used. It's cakey and the color I got was just not good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great coverage for dry skin – I agree with others on this one. I am very fair NC5 and got this foundation in shade 205 Ivory. It looks much darker in the package so I was a little afraid. Shockingly for a CG product the shade is incredibly neutral with no pink or orange. I am using this only as a spot concealer but it works fabulously! I have dry skin that normally absorbs all my makeup like a sponge by the end of the day. It has great coverage with a matte powder finish. This lasted all day with no creasing on me. I wouldn’t recommend this if you have oily skin but for me it really works. So glad I decided to try it. It retails for around $12 but can be purchased off eBay for much less.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had a big surprise with this product. In fact, i have been using high end foundations ,but this stuff is amazing.
I prefer this foundation than MUFE HD Stick foundation wich makes my skin oily and settles in fine lines.
Simply Ageless Cream Foundation is the first cream foundation that my aging combination skin likes.
My skin looks healthier, i look younger and i got compliments using this. I am NW20...NW25 and shade 225 is great for me!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This foundation is some kind of witchcraft. I have super dry super pale skin... this foundation matches my shade (205 is lighter in this line than in their others), it manages to not aggravate my dry skin or cling to my numerous dry patches, yet magically still looks somewhat matte, which helps to hide texture issues (I am at an age where I have both lines and pimples to conceal) (it's loads of fun).

I apply the foundation with a damp Beauty Blender... being careful to use a light hand, because it is easy to overdo it with this one. I have seen others describe it as medium coverage, but it seems full to me. I add a cream blush (have been using ELF cream blush lately), and a liquid luminizer (Loreal or ELF are go to's for me). It sets down nicely without powder, and doesn't transfer. Random strangers have complimented my skin when I am wearing this... little do they know it is the foundation doing all the work. I have never had another foundation perform this way, high end or drugstore.

I highly suggest getting the accompanying primer; I see a huge difference when I use the foundation with it... it almost seems like a serum, very hydrating. I also always moisturize before priming, waiting a few minutes for the moisturizer t soak in first. They discontinued the accompanying concealer, but I have been using the new NARS matte concealer; it is a similar texture, but more opaque and longer lasting, and works really well with this foundation. I apply that to my undereyes with the tip of the damp beauty blender.

Only suggestion I would have for packaging improvement: add a mirror! But all in all, that is a minor gripe. I keep trying to quit you, CG (trying to go cruelty free), but I cannot find anything that comes close to this product.

This is a decent creme foundation from the drugstore. However, it is far from being HG for me and here's why:

Skin Type/Formula: I have dry-combo skin. Most of the time, would go a bit oily around the tip of my nose. The issue with this foundation is due to it's creme to almost powder finish for me. It could look cakey if you are not careful with your setting powder. So for my dry skin ladies, prep your skin properly and make sure your skin is fully moisturized.

Shade: I am an NC 20 -25 depending on the season. More of NC 20 during the winter months and 225 Buff Beige works for me.

Application: I have tried smearing this using my fingers and dotting this around my face then stippling it using my RT Sponge and the application was ok. I still have to try using a brush, but I am afraid to cause micro exfoliation buffing this on my skin.

Finish: This is a matte finish.

Overall, I may have to use this during the warmer months to make it more emollient. However, this could be a potential HG for someone who has a normal skin and would like to incorporate skin care on their base makeup.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Really nice foundation, medium coverage and sits well on my skin.

I thought this would work for dry skin and look luminous, but it actually just looks dry and cakey even over moisturizer. I was attracted to the fact it had a mineral sunscreen (Titanium dioxide). Funny thing that no one has mentioned this benefit. It's actually a major plus if you are trying to ramp up your SPF. Putting a chemical sunscreen over moisturizer is useless. If you have combo/oily skin this would probably be fine, but it does nothing for drier skin types.
I'm going back to Aquasmooth compact cream/powder which is more moisturizing and also has mineral sunblock (SPF 15).

I have had my eye on this foundation for a long time ago and the other day decided to purchase it finally. In Canada it's rather expensive for a covergirl foundation and averages around $16. After reading many reviews saying to go a shade darker than usual because the color blends with the white olay serum, I did just that and maybe I went too dark but the shade is a little too orangey for my fair skin and the product is not very blendable. As far as cream foundations go I would recommend maybelline dream smooth over this any day! I will say the lasting power of this foundaction is quite good.