Caswell-Massey Beauty Nectar

4.6

Not tested on animals

on 10/12/2006 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Until I tried this, a lotion's ability to stay wet and slippery assured me that it was super-effective and simply good at retaining the body's moisture. Well, I just found out that kind of uncomfortable humidity isn't necessary. Although the scent took some getting used to (it's peachy with this slight milky "off" scent on me), I'm still giving it 5 lippies. There is no wetness or greasiness at all after using Beauty Nectar. It's like a facial for the body that contains 3 different alphahydroxy ingredients. It comes in a very pretty slightly transparent plastic container with a white lacey pattern on it; the very soft peach colored nectar can be seen through it. This TJ Maxx bargain turned out to be a rare find of a coveted and discontinued treasure. If you come across it - get it.

on 12/9/2005 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This ia the description from the Caswell Massey website:

A formula enriched with three alphahydroxy fruit acids plus a healing level of vitamin E. Applied daily, Beauty Nectar can gently unveil a smoother, softer, more lustrous skin that glows. Packaged in an elegant glass bottle makes an attractive addition to powder room, bath or boudoir. Each softly frosted bottle comes tied with a delicate bow and beautifully gift boxed. 8.5 oz. Buffered Ph of less than 3.

I have used this lotion for several years and still purchase it whenever I run out, which I do quite frequently since it's the first one I reach for. It has a very light, realistic peach fragrance that lightly lingers but will not compete with your fragrance of the day. The main reason that I like this lotion is that IT WORKS. My legs tend to be dry and it is the only lotion that never fails to keep the dryness in check. It is so good, that I can actually skip a couple of days and it still keeps me moisturized. This was discontinued by Caswell Massey a couple of years ago and was brought back due to many people demanding this wonderful lotion. I have tried many that cost 3 times as much and they don't perform as well. The only one that is better in my opinion is La Mer and it is ridiculously expensive and the scent is not appealing to me at all! It absorbs well and doesn't leave you greasy and it leaves a nice sheen on your skin.
This used to come in an 8.5 ounce frosted glass bottle, however now it is the same bottle only plastic. I wasn't disappointed when they changed it because I dropped a bottle once and of course it shattered and made a huge mess. At 20.00 for 8.5 ounces, it is a great buy, since a little goes a long way.

on 1/8/2002 1:32:00 AM

This is so nice! I received a jar of this from my friend DianeL and I must say its lovely.

VERY moisturizing, light peach scent that does not trigger my allergies. The effect is, at least on my hands, like that of Ahava Advanced Hand Cream. Like a silk glove.

on 10/3/2002 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This lotion has a nice texture, but I found the scent to be synthetic and cloying. It has a peach scent, which to me smelled like peach baby food mixed with a slightly off buttery note. Fortunately the scent dissipated w/in an hour. This AHA lotion contains 3 AHA fruit acids (however no percentage of AHA is ever mentioned) but did not exfoliate my skin or make it appreciably smoother; I get better results from Alpha Hydrox lotions. Pump decanter is beautiful frosted glass, and price is reasonable--20 bucks for 8.5 oz. But the best thing is they offer a 100% guarantee, which I will be taking advantage of when I return this lotion.

The scent is very light and soothing peach. The feel is better than butter. The effect is awesome. A definite repurchase time and again. A+++++

Popular Body Skincare Products