Revlon Super Lustrous - Blushing Nude

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks

on 1/19/2017 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my new everyday MLBB shade. It's the perfect rose/beige/nude. I use a nude rose pencil with it. I don't see any glitter in it, but that's fine. Love the texture. Wish the case was a bit classier. Will definitely rebuy. Think I paid $6 for it. Like it as much or more than my $25 Bobbi Brown lipstick in a similar rose.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Good color, hint of coral on me. The glitter isn't very noticeable, except that it makes this particular shade quite a bit more drying than the other Revlon Creme l/s. Rose Velvet is a similar alternative that does not stray coral and has no glitter--much less drying!

This color looked like a nice neutral nude, slightly rosy, in the package, but it skews very warm. I'm very pale with pink undertones and I just could not make this work. The color is nice, just not for fair pinky folks.

on 9/17/2016 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have to preface this review by saying I usually prefer to wear lip balm or gloss, but this lipstick is so creamy and natural that I will be wearing it a lot! The value for the price is exceptional. My mom uses the Toast of New York shade which got me thinking of trying Revlon and I'm glad I did!

on 9/2/2015 7:27:00 PM

Flattering shade that looks more brown in the tube but a muted tawny rose on the lips. Many other comments about it being good on tan completions but I am light with a yellow undertone. The product feels fine on- neither greasy nor cakey. The staying power is mediocre, perhaps 1 - 2 hours but I drink beverages constantly so that reduces longevity of the product.

on 8/8/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this lipstick. One of my HGs. At first, the color was a miss. I was so disappointed since I bought 2 shades to try, this one and Demure, and both were misses. Then, for some reason, the color turned awesome on me! Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it is because I got past the first layer of lipstick.

The shade is a deep red with a tiny hint of brown. After a few minutes, the brown goes away and you're left with a deep, rosy red. Somehow it suits my skin tone very well. I'm not sure how to describe this shade, but it just adds sophistication and elegance!

Pros:
1. the shade makes me look so classy and sophisticated in an almost mature way
2. easy application

Cons:
1. could be more hydrating or smooth, but acceptable
2. slight glitter

on 5/25/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

There was a sale on Revlon lipsticks at the local Shoppers ($3.99/each), so I lunged and bought three. I was hoping that this would be along the lines of Rosy Nude (from the discontinued Revlon Colorburst line) but it seems to have a weird silvery-grey undertone that tips the shade (on my complexion, anyhow) into morgue makeup territory. Terribly disappointing.

on 11/28/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an amazing neutral color for ladies who are on the tan side (for reference, I wear Revlon whipped foundation in 250 Medium Beige). It also looked great on my African American friend. Yes, there are some specks of glitter in it, but I don't mind at all. It's stays on for a good couple of hours, and doesn't completely go away after eating. I love the finish and the colour. IMO, not enough people talk about this shade!

on 10/24/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this shade, it's a pretty MLBB/pinky colour on me, it's smooth and soft on the lips. It lasts about four hours on me which is pretty normal. The only thing I dislike, is there's silver glitter, and the label says it's a creme. But if you're willing to work with it, it's a great lipstick.

on 2/21/2014 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

price: 2
packaging: 4
repurchase: yes

I was surprised by how much I like this formula. It's creamy with enough cling to keep it from feathering, but my lips never feel dry when wearing it for 4+ hours (I'm a balm addict so this is a big plus for me). I can get 4 hours of good wear while sipping water. It applies with a bit of sheen and dries down to a satin-leaning matte. On my NC15-20 yet-very-warm skin, Blushing Nude is browner than what I'd think of as a traditional nude-- the best way I can describe it is a medium rosy brown. It has a polished, sexy 70's vibe going on which I've discovered I kinda love! I took a point off for the sparse silver sparkles because they're such a weird thing to put in this shade, but they're scarce enough not to translate to the lips. I haven't delved deep into drugstore lipsticks, but I will be going back to Revlon because I think they've done a pretty great job with the Super Lustrous line for the price.