Revlon Super Lustrous - Blushing Nude

Revlon Super Lustrous - Blushing Nude
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks

This color looked like a nice neutral nude, slightly rosy, in the package, but it skews very warm. I'm very pale with pink undertones and I just could not make this work. The color is nice, just not for fair pinky folks.

on 9/17/2016 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have to preface this review by saying I usually prefer to wear lip balm or gloss, but this lipstick is so creamy and natural that I will be wearing it a lot! The value for the price is exceptional. My mom uses the Toast of New York shade which got me thinking of trying Revlon and I'm glad I did!

To Read all 51 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/2/2015 7:27:00 PM

Flattering shade that looks more brown in the tube but a muted tawny rose on the lips. Many other comments about it being good on tan completions but I am light with a yellow undertone. The product feels fine on- neither greasy nor cakey. The staying power is mediocre, perhaps 1 - 2 hours but I drink beverages constantly so that reduces longevity of the product.

on 8/8/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this lipstick. One of my HGs. At first, the color was a miss. I was so disappointed since I bought 2 shades to try, this one and Demure, and both were misses. Then, for some reason, the color turned awesome on me! Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it is because I got past the first layer of lipstick.

The shade is a deep red with a tiny hint of brown. After a few minutes, the brown goes away and you're left with a deep, rosy red. Somehow it suits my skin tone very well. I'm not sure how to describe this shade, but it just adds sophistication and elegance!

Pros:
1. the shade makes me look so classy and sophisticated in an almost mature way
2. easy application

Cons:
1. could be more hydrating or smooth, but acceptable
2. slight glitter

on 5/25/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

There was a sale on Revlon lipsticks at the local Shoppers ($3.99/each), so I lunged and bought three. I was hoping that this would be along the lines of Rosy Nude (from the discontinued Revlon Colorburst line) but it seems to have a weird silvery-grey undertone that tips the shade (on my complexion, anyhow) into morgue makeup territory. Terribly disappointing.

on 11/28/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an amazing neutral color for ladies who are on the tan side (for reference, I wear Revlon whipped foundation in 250 Medium Beige). It also looked great on my African American friend. Yes, there are some specks of glitter in it, but I don't mind at all. It's stays on for a good couple of hours, and doesn't completely go away after eating. I love the finish and the colour. IMO, not enough people talk about this shade!

on 10/24/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this shade, it's a pretty MLBB/pinky colour on me, it's smooth and soft on the lips. It lasts about four hours on me which is pretty normal. The only thing I dislike, is there's silver glitter, and the label says it's a creme. But if you're willing to work with it, it's a great lipstick.

on 2/21/2014 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

price: 2
packaging: 4
repurchase: yes

I was surprised by how much I like this formula. It's creamy with enough cling to keep it from feathering, but my lips never feel dry when wearing it for 4+ hours (I'm a balm addict so this is a big plus for me). I can get 4 hours of good wear while sipping water. It applies with a bit of sheen and dries down to a satin-leaning matte. On my NC15-20 yet-very-warm skin, Blushing Nude is browner than what I'd think of as a traditional nude-- the best way I can describe it is a medium rosy brown. It has a polished, sexy 70's vibe going on which I've discovered I kinda love! I took a point off for the sparse silver sparkles because they're such a weird thing to put in this shade, but they're scarce enough not to translate to the lips. I haven't delved deep into drugstore lipsticks, but I will be going back to Revlon because I think they've done a pretty great job with the Super Lustrous line for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

perfect nude for a tan skin!!

The color is really nice, I would describe it as a bricky red color with brown tones. The only downside is the giant chunks of glitter that some how end up all over my face and transfers. Really disappointed with the glitter but I hope the come out with the matte version because it's a great color.

Popular Lipsticks