L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo

L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo
EverPure Moisture ShampooEverPure

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, Linalool, Tocopherol, Limonene, C12 13 Pareth 23, C12 13 Pareth 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 7/18/09

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My hair is nearly waist length and super thick. It's about 1c/2a and curlier in the summer. I was strictly CG for a while but my hair does better with some silicones and sulfate free shampoos. It works best when I only really wash my scalp and let the suds just flow down the length of my hair. Anyway, when you cut out the sulfates and silicones, there IS a transition period, it takes a while to restore hydration! So far, I really like this shampoo and conditioner, especially for a drugstore product.

Anyway, I was using Shea Moisture shampoo but it had no slip whatsoever and my hair kept getting really tangled, so I switched to this. My hair feels soft and bouncy and looks very shiny. And a little bit of this shampoo goes a long way. My only complaint is that it could be a little more volumizing. Since my hair is so prone to feeling coarse and dry, I mix the conditioner with a few sprays of Christophe Robin prickly pear oil and it works like magic, I don't even have to use a leave in. And I love the fresh, herby scent of the everpure line. I'll update this review when I finish my bottle, but so far it gets a thumbs up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff is horrific. I washed my hair with this stuff and the matching conditioner and like another reviewer said, I could not get a comb or brush through my hair. My hair was the texture of a brillo pad. This shampoo provided no softening, no moisture, it just felt like it stripped my hair and left it a dried out fried MESS.

Ugh...I tossed this garbage straight into the trash. I have to use sulfate free products because I get Brazilian Blowouts but I've purchased far better sulfate free products at Big Lots! This stuff is doo-doo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Normally I love LOreal hair care products. Especially the Evercreme line. I recently colored my hair Burgundy Brown and decided give Everpure a try to help preserve the color. This Shampoo literally washed nearly all my demi permanent color out in 2 washes! This has never happen to me when I colored my hair in the past. I think I'll stick with my Joico Color Endure shampoo for my color treated hair. That works much better for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A little about my hair: It's very curly, on the fine side, and currently still growing out the last inches of horrible chemical bleach damage from the 13+ year stint as a platinum blonde. Add to that very low porosity, meaning my hair needs tons more moisture than most and is also prone to buildup, and you have a recipe for a very complicated hair routine if I am ever to grow my hair long again.
Most of that routine involves cowashing, because my hair hardly ever gets oily and needs the moisture, but every few cowashes I have no choice but to add in a sulfate free shampoo, because too much product builds up on my hair otherwise and blocks the moisture from getting in. Like I said- complicated.
Sorry for the whole shpeal but I have a feeling there are more than a few curly girls on this site who should know that it's okay- and if your hairs low porosity, it's actually beneficial- to mix in a shampoo wash now and then. After using this my hair was able to recover from an episode of "protein overload"- it felt dry and brittle- and I felt like my hair actually soaked up the deep conditioner and leave in for the first time in weeks. I now realize I have to mix this in more than "now and again".
This shampoo is not necessarily moisturizing on my hair, but it doesn't leave it lifeless either. I would prefer if it didn't lather quite so much, actually. I know the "bad sulfates" aren't in this- just the mild ones- but it still gives me pause. The scent is refreshing mint and eucalyptus. I'm surprised people have complained about the scent- it made my hair feel cleaner!
In short, this doesn't moisturize enough to warrant me using it every wash, but it didn't strip my hair to the bone either. It DID cleanse my hair of buildup and allow it to breathe.
I find the price reasonable and the packaging a breeze. The consistency is thick and slightly lathery. It is by far the closest I have come to having a "sulfate shampoo" experience, minus the sulfates. I only use this on the scalp and roots before washing it out.
I do indeed recommend this, however everyone's hair experience is different and while some hair will need this daily mine does not. For its purpose I think it has served me well and although I like to rotate my hair products, I will keep this in the fray indefinitely because I know when to use it and what to expect from it.

I don't get why the reviews are so good. It's mediocre at best. I don't like the texture of my hair after using. Too soft and frizzy. However, I haven't noticed any color fading and it does smell good. Overall, I wouldn't purchase again.

IF YOU WANT TO GO BALD - USE THIS PRODUCT

This is the worst product imaginable. It made me hair literally pour out. Let me assure you readers that I first had thyroid functions tested. No medical reason. No stress. The only explanation was changing my shampoo to this product the conditioner, which caused massive hair loss.

I stopped using it about 3 months ago now. The hair loss seems to be getting less, but it is still happening. There is new hair growth, thank goodness.

Meanwhile the agent for L'Oreal was really objectionable. He claimed he could not help me since I had thrown away the product and it could not be tested for being "faulty". Like just one tube will be faulty! He also suggested that I had an allergy. This was not an allergy - no red scalp, no itchiness.

L'Oreal's Ever Pure Moisture Shampoo has a nice smell to it and is pretty moisturizing. I have long thick hair and this has helped with my extreme dryness and split ends. The packaging is great for traveling, very sleek!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Recently went back to this after using it a few times & then switching it up & simply forgetting about it. This shampoo is so thick & really makes my hair feel soft. I have very oily hair that I like to shampoo daily so the fact that this doesn't completely strip my hair dry is an awesome thing. I have tried one other shampoo from the Everpure line & I truly do feel like L'oreal is the best drugstore brand there is.

This has to be one of the worst shampoos I have ever used. I got no moisture whatsoever from this product. It actually felt more like a "clarifying" shampoo, one that strips everything off of the hair. I followed with the conditioner from the same line and I literally could not even get a wide tooth comb through my wet hair afterwards. After three tries I gave up and threw the almost-full bottles in the trash. Never again will I purchase a Loreal shampoo or conditioner!

on 12/8/2015 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells great and makes my hair super soft and moisturized. I didn't realize how much I liked this until I finished the bottle and started using Herbal Essences shampoo (the blue coconut one that claims to be hydrating) and my hair would get super tangled. I had bleached my hair before getting this shampoo and it kept my hair from going crazy.