Sebastian Drench

Sebastian Drench

4.4

Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glutamic Acid, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Silk, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Do.Not.Like.

So, my hair...I bleach the crap out of it. Like high-lift from raven brunette to level 9/10 blonde. I have a pixie cut, so it's irrelevant that I bleach the crap out of it...I have no frog-fur because it's cut so often.

That being said, even with the cuts, I do take very good care of my hair BECAUSE I bleach the crap out of it, which is the other reason it stays nice. Lots of gentle shampooing and deep conditioning, very little heat styling and a good heat protector when I do heat style. My hair, despite the bleach, is in surprisingly good shape.

How on earth this could be called Drench is beyond me. It somehow manages to be both not enough conditioning AND weigh my hair down all at the same time. I assume it's the silicones in it, since my hair was very shiny but not very conditioned.

And, it makes my scalp itch like you would not believe. It smells nice, but 24 hours of trying to scratch my scalp off is not good. This one is being returned for the allergic reaction/itch part, but I'd avoid it based on it's lack of performance.

on 12/2/2015 5:36:00 PM

This is nice, but VERY heavy on the silicones. You can really tell.

For reference, I have hair that is thick, wavy-textured, color-treated, and I heat-style it regularly. It has a tendency to get dried out, especially at the ends. So I'm always looking for good moisturizing conditioners. This one does a good job of making my hair feel smooth and soft.

It has a very thick, creamy texture so it does take a while to rinse out completely. But my biggest complaint is that this conditioner doesn't provide as much slip as I would like so it doesn't detangle easily.

Overall, this product works for me, but I find that I get better results with Joico Moisture Recovery or Matrix Keratindose.

I like it but I don't love it. And for these prices, I need to love it.

I don't plan to buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After loving and using the matching treatment for years, I decided to try this conditioner. It smells very good and is creamy in consistency. I don't have to use a lot since it feels concentrated and too much would be heavy for my medium textured hair. It adds a lot of shine but I don't see myself using this daily. There are better options. It does give my hair softness and manageability. It also controls frizz decently. Since my hair is color-treated I need moisturizing conditioners and this certainly feels emollient. Clarifying is needed if you are going to use this as a daily conditioner however.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this during the Ulta liter sale so this was a GREAT deal! I was able to find the set of shampoo and conditioner since it was sold out in most Ulta locations that I went to. The sales lady there let me know that it was really popular and she recommended these products for my dry and dull hair.
I have thick and dry hair and it left my hair super moist and really soft. I was so pleased with the results that I went and got another Drench shampoo/conditioner liter sale!

Used this when my hair got really dry from coloring and it worked well for a while, but ultimately was too heavy for my hair and weighed it down making it really oily. I never repurchased and am currently trying olive oil as a conditioning treatment, but if I were to repurchase this I would only use it a few times a week.

These Sebastian products as well as a ton of other higher end shampoos/conditioners/hair care products are all ON SALE at ULTA right now until 1-24-15! The big liter bottles from this line regularly about $40 after taxes are now less than $20 after taxes! YES, that's more than 50% off! So all you drench lovers, stock up now!!! On Sebastian, Tigi, Pureology, Redken, etc... Don't miss out! I know I'm not!!!! I'm currently ordering every high end product that I've ever wanted to try lol. It's the only time it's worth it imo, because if you end up not a fan of something it isn't too aggravating since you didn't spend $50-$100 on shampoo+conditioner sets.

And my review on this product...
Goes without saying but I'll say it anyway,
Perfection! If you're considering trying I highly recommend. To give you an idea how great this product is; I've tried at least 30 other "salon quality" shampoo+conditioner sets (due to my very long naturally THICK + coarse + super dry hair) and this product's set is in my top favorite 3! Hope you try it and please leave a review if you do!

I just picked up my second bottle of this conditioner. My long hair is extremely fine with oily roots and dry ends. I apply this from the earlobes down to the ends of my hair. If your hair hates cones, it probably won't like this conditioner. However, this product works very well for me and has kept my split ends at bay without weighing my hair down. It detangles better than any other conditioner I have ever tried.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Got this from my salon, i honestly dont know the price since my friend paid for it. It makes my hair super soft and managable so it's very easy and quicker to straighten. I dont really like the bottle since its kind of hard to get product out if. Its a white, thick creamy consistency and it smells nice :)

I have fine hair that tends to be more dry then oily. I'm always on the search for a moisturizing conditioner that won't weigh my hair down. Sadly this isn't it. It's a nice, thick, creamy conditioner that feels amazingly silky when applying to my hair. I left it in for 2 min then rinsed in cool water. My hair felt like all the conditioner rinsed out. It was hard to comb while wet and my hair was not moisturized. Then only "drenching" thing about it is it drenches your hair with cones! That's what gives it shiny illusion of moisturized hair. The end result is shiny, silky looking hair but I think it will easily build up after a couple uses.

on 10/12/2014 12:58:00 PM

Great conditoner because it makes your hair feel nourished and glossy...not for daily use as it is a bit heavy and will build up if used too frequently, recommend 2-3 times per week at most. It is thick and hard to squeeze out of the bottle!