Revlon Matte Lipstick - Pink About It [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

on 2/7/2013 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Looks good with my (nc42) skin tone.Looks natural and is like a nude pinkish tone. Can be toned up (by applying a lot) or toned down ( by just dabbing). The only problem i found was that the lipstick starts crystallizing on my lips. Lipstick starts turning in to small little "bits" like I have dry lips ( Although my lips are hydrated, moisturized) Dont really understand why?

This is one of the few lipsticks that sit on my bathroom counter with my day-to-day makeup. It is an opaque hot pink so I like a layer of carmex and then a sheer-ish swipe of color. When sheer-ed out, it is work-appropriate and goes well with "neutral" outfits.
The matte formula is fine since I layer over a balm, it behaves like a creme. It lasts a few hours on me before I switch to a tinted lipbalm for the rest of the day.
I do try to not wear this when I have slightly more chapped lips. I'm interested in others in the Revlon matte line.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this color, it was on sale on the supermarket and I think it is perfect for the summer. Looks great with my skin and I use it with a neutral face.

on 3/1/2011 10:45:00 PM

This is the first matte lipstick i ever got and it's a bad experience one. Probably i will never try again but who knows i got this in another color, Really Red. Well, that's for another review, back to this. I like the color so much in the tube, it represent some mysterious and elegant, classy color for me, something i would want to wear it out at night or in summer time but then it look horrible on me. Like i paste some color on top on my lips, it just doesn't blend in with my skintone, making it look very unnatural, i feel so ugly that i wipe it off immediately. I have given different ways of applying this on, either full strength from tube (A BIG NO NO!), lightly dab (didn't make it any better), lightly applied with lipgloss above (still sucky) and finally applied with a lip brush and another lighter lipstick shade, sadly it is not working for me, i had since toss it into the bin, will never get this again too!

on 3/1/2011 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this formula is so nice! although this is a matte, it is not drying at all and goes on very smoothly on the lips. the colour is a very bright pink that looks almost red. but it's surprisingly wearable on my fair asian skintone and instantly brightens up the face without being too loud.

Nc 30 here and this color is kind of hard to work with as a lipstick for me, so I use it as a stain by dabbing a little on my top and bottom lip and blend, seal with a little lipglass and i get Beautifull shiny pink lips (:

on 1/9/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Very pretty color. Screams Kate Spade/Jcrew polished lady appeal. If you are looking for that trendy coral shade this is it. Peach-pink-orange shade. I am pale with natural blonde hair and this looks good on me.

on 1/7/2011 4:01:00 PM

Others here have called it a coral but on me, it looks more like a neutral to slightly warm "hot" pink - Strawberry Suede from the same line definitely has more coral in it!

Consequently, this one flatters my skin better than Strawberry Suede. This one's also lighter than SS. Since it's much closer to neutral and less bright and garish, I think this could flatter many skin tones. It definitely flatters mine (neutral to cool, pretty fair) like corals and darker pinks do not.

If you're looking for a fun bright pink that you can still wear when you don't want your lips to be too "loud" and attention-grabbing, this is it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

WOW this is one of the best lipsticks ever!!!!
I've never loved a colour so much. I think it suits every skin tone and hair colour. I'm pale with neutral undertones, blue eyes and blonde hair and it just brightens up my face so much and makes me look fresh, polished, sexy!
I also LOVE the texture (sooo smooth!), the finish (matte), and it lasts hours and hours. For 10 it's SO much worth it! If you like bold lips do yourself a favour and BUY IT!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't expect to love this product. I already own Nude Attitude in the Revlon Matte Lipstick line and I have a love/hate relationship with that lipstick. If my lips are moisturized and not chapped, then Nude Attitude works, otherwise, it doesn't look great and I always end of using a gloss over it. But Pink About It stands alone in terms of color and formula. It does require moisturized lips and while it does have staying power throughout the day it can tend to look dry after eating, drinking and speaking. It's truly a matte formula. I give it four lips because while I like matte formulas, again, this one throughout the day tends to dry my lips.

The vibrant quality of the color of the lipstick is what makes it a winner. I love it! Brightens up my face unlike any other lipstick. I imagine this bright corally color would look divine with a tan but I tried it first during fall and loved it. I can only imagine how how I'll enjoy it during the summer. I don't use this lipstick everyday because I vary my makeup quite a bit from day to day but I definitely look forward to wearing it. And I've gotten several compliments on this lipstick.

I got it dirt cheap at a bargain store in NYC so I made sure to get back ups although I've seen it for up to $9 in the drugstore. Highly recommend this lipstick for those who love a unique lip color.