Boots No7 Extreme Length Mascara

Boots  No7 Extreme Length Mascara
No7 Extreme Length MascaraNo7 Extreme Length MascaraNo7 Extreme Length MascaraBoots No.7 Extreme Length Mascara

4.1

Water), Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Beeswax), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), PEG 75, Manihot Utilissima (Tapioca) Starch, Ammonium Acrylate/Acrylamide Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnauba), Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Amino Methyl Propanol, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Ethylparaben, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, EDTA (Ethylenediamine-Tetra-Acetic Acid), May Contain (+/-):, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow) (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides) (Iron oxides)

on 7/2/2017 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an early review, after only having used this mascara twice. But when it comes to mascaras, more often than not I know at once if they'll work out or not, so I feel like that's okay. The mascara I purchased is called Extreme Length Extend mascara, but it looks the same as the one on here - purple high shine tube, neon green plastic wand and so on. Simply an updated name, perhaps? Either way, I'm impressed with this mascara. It manages to do what 9 out of 10 mascaras won't, which is not smudge horribly on me. In fact, there isn't even a hint of smudging after hours of wearing it, even when I just wore a tinted moisturizer and no powder (which is the true test for any mascara due to my oily eyelids).

Aside from that, this is probably the most fool-proof formula when it comes to avoiding clumpy lashes that I've come across in a long time. It gives each lash beautiful definition and length by fanning out the lashes rather than clumping them together. It helps that the brush have very thin and relatively sparse spikes, so there is no overloading of product on the brush. The spikes are a tad bit sharp and uncomfortable to use, but not so much that it would deter me from using it. It should be mentioned that the formula is very easily dissolved by moisture, so if you have very runny eyes, allergies or such you should probably stay away from this one. It does make it very easy to wash off without a lot of rubbing and tugging, though.

I usually go for volumizing mascaras, but this one gives such beautiful, long and fluttery lashes that I will definitely use this on a day-to-day basis. I can definitely see myself buying it again.

+ Cruelty free by most accounts, though there are some reports saying otherwise
+ Absolutely no smudging! Or flaking, for that matter
+ Clump-free formula/wand
+ Gives beautiful length and definition
+ Decent price, pretty much on par with most drugstore mascaras in Sweden. That being said, drugstore prices are very high in Sweden, so I can imagine it's considered a bit steep in some countries
+ Easy to wash off

- The wand is a bit too spiky and sharp
- I'd like it to hold up a bit better against moisture

on 5/18/2017 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this mascara. LOVE it! My Blinc had gotten too dry to use properly and I needed something to get me through the day. I stopped in Walgreen's, planning to get Great Lash (which comes through in a pinch), but I spotted a sale at the Boots kiosk and wound up buying this mascara. This is the best cosmetics deal I've found in ages. I love everything about this mascara, from the comfortable, easy to use brush, to the way it separated and elongates without goo or clumps or flakes. I uploaded a photo of my eye after an entire day of wearing this. I don't have any other makeup on, so it's not very flattering, but I wanted to show you how it's not smudged or flaked after an entire day. I even worked out in my garden, outside in the sun, and this is how my lashes look! After a huge disappointment with a L'Oreal "butterly" thing that was such junk I tossed it in the recycle bin after two uses, I never thought I'd find a drugstore mascara that would work for me. This is, for me, a close dupe to YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils Baby Doll Mascara! Who doesn't want to save $23.00 on a mascara tube? The mascara I own has the same name as the mascara in this review, but it looks completely different from the mascara in the main picture. The main picture shows a copper tube with a green mascara wand with green plastic bristles. My tube is metallic purple, and the mascara wand is black, and a little longer than the one in the photo, I think. The bristles are rubberized black plastic, but they are not sharp and painful like so many other mascara wands with rubber short bristles.

on 7/3/2014 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This doesn't smudge, clump or flake on me. It doesn't add any length, either. Definitely not a repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hands down my favorite drugstore mascara, probably my favorite mascara in any price point. It never flakes or smears or runs, and it holds a curl all day. It never really clumps, and it never makes my lashes look spidery. The brush can be a little pokey, but honestly I have that problem with all of the synthetic spike brushes, not just this one. I was going to splurge on something high end for my wedding but I ended up using this one because I love it so much.

on 2/25/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried every mascara in the drug store and nothing compares to this! It gives you amazing long separated lashes with no clumps! Seriously this is the only mascara I've found that doesn't clump, the only thing though is the packaging it comes in. It doesn't come in a regular cardboard packing that you can easily rip open, it comes sealed in a clear plastic that's impossible to get off. It took me a good 7 minutes with sisscors trying to rip off the packing.

on 5/1/2016 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Although the packaging seems to have changed since the pic was posted here, this is still a very serviceable, affordable mascara. It does not clump, but then again, it really doesn't build up either. It is a perfect mascara for daytime/work. It doesn't flake either. The only thing is that the wand is straight not curved and it's really hard. I have to be careful or I poke myself in the eye. It probably isn't that good for glamorous looks.

on 9/7/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One of my two HG mascaras.
Lengthens beautifully without clumping - looks really natural. I tend to use this in the day time and my Benefit They're Real for nights out as Benefit thickens (and can sometimes clump my lashes) slightly - this gives a dramatic night out look but the No7 is a lot more natural.
Tip - sometimes I build up layers on my outermost lashes, flicking outwards and upwards with the brush, and just do one coat on the rest. This gives a great 60s wide eyed look.
Never clumps, lengthens and separates - great mascara!
NB I think it has recently been repackaged - mine came in a glossy purple tube and has a black brush. Very classy.

on 12/20/2013 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this from work and didn't know anything about it but decided to give it a try since my current mascara was getting old. This is a truly lovely mascara for everyday use. The brush is rubber and the little "spikes" on the brush are small and super pointy to help separate the lashes. And it does so, very effectively! My lashes get really long and separated. I use two coats for more volume. This mascar does not smudge a bit during the day. Good price too.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have medium-length, stick-straight eyelashes. I'm always on the hunt for a mascara that will get my lashes out there! I stumbled on this gem at Target a few years ago. This mascara does wonders for my eyelashes. The plastic brush is the key, it grips the lashes (especially the bottom) and gives them great definition and length, no clumps! I curl my lashes, walking the curler up, apply and curl again before my last coat where I focus on the tips. One trick I've learned with mascara is applying product to the top of the lashes too, full coverage! This mascara is easy to remove, I don't have a problem with it sticking to my curler when I commit the sin of curling with mascara on haha. I've never received so many compliments on my eyelashes before I started using Extreme Length. Definitely a holy grail!

on 4/30/2014 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have very short, straight lashes and when I curl my lashes and use this mascara, beautiful things happen. I'm not entirely sure if that formula is already waterproof because on the packaging of mine it didn't state it was, but holy cow is that stuff resistant. Had basically no clumps and the pigmentation of the black was aboslutely amazing. I had bought this at Target and the price wasn't bad at all and the packaging was like a purple-foil kinda color. The wand was great, rubber like I normally love, and also the formula was smoother and wetter, but dried when on the lashes of course. I would recommend this for anyone with the same lashes as mine beacuse damn, this stuff be da bombbbbbbbb