The Body Shop Exfoliating Skin Towel

The Body Shop Exfoliating Skin Towel

4.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I couldn't find the exfoliating towel, instead I could only find body polisher. The material is made out of nylon and polyester. It feels quite abrasive but works really well and provides a good lather. My skin becomes very soft but not irritated. It is such an amazing back scrubber too. I used to have a hard time properly scrubbing my back with a bath lily or other tools as I can't reach it. With this, it's not a problem at all. It felt soooo good. This is also easily cleaned and completely dried relatively fast unlike sponges or bath lily, therefore it's more hygienic. I also ordered salux towel but it hasn't arrived yet so I can't compare it. But I am really happy with this product

on 12/10/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a beauty staple for me. I always have people ask me what I use on my skin. They're surprised when I tell them I don't cleanse or tone. I just use plain old warm water and this. Yes, on my face. If used very gently, this becomes the best exfoliating tool I've ever had. It really cleans the skin without having to use products or chemicals. Of course, on the rare occasion that I wear make up, I'll remove most of it with either The Body Shop's Chamomile oil or Inglot's make up remover wipes, then use this for the rest. It's brilliant and I really credit it for keeping my skin so clear.

on 7/4/2014 1:39:00 PM

I bought this as a replacement to my beloved Salux towel, and they are both very similar. I actually found the Salux to be coarser than the Body Shop towel, and I did love the brighter colors of the Body Shop product more than the muted pastels of the Salux.

Love the way I can exfoliate my back with this, and it makes soap lather really well. I did notice that it started to fray after a while whereas the Salux towel didn't.

Overall though this is a great towel and I will definitely buy more in the future.

Like it, its a good size to do your back etc. Really cheap, well worth the money.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Great skin exfoliating cloth. Lasts a while before having to repurchase. It definitely leaves the skin feeling fully buffed, and clean.

on 5/7/2011 3:21:00 PM

Everyone should own one of these. It washes and exfoliates at the same time. I use it with my shower gel of the moment and like it better than the TBS exfoliating gloves. The best part is it will make you save a lot of money on body scrub.

a friend of mine recommented this towel to me, 6 years ago, in summer vacations, and i haven t use any other sponge in my everyday shower ever since!
it s really great in mild exfoliation, but works great as an ordinary sponge too, making great mousse out of any shower gel or soap!
i ve read that some girls cut it in pieces to make it smaller and last longer.
JUST DONT DO THAT!!!
it s size is just perfect, because, using it as a sponge, u just fold it many times to make it sponge- sized, and hold more soap in it this way.
AND
it s most precious use, even better than that of exfoliating, is that IT S A PERFECT BACK- BRUSH WHEN IT IS UNFOLDED!!!!
u just hold each edge with each hand and you can brush your back, alone, perfectly!!!
thus, u have no need of those hudge back-brushes that hold bacteria after a short time!!
u have a sponge, an exfoliating glove and a back- brush , with this thin towel alone!!!
it dries in minutes and it s perfect to take in a trip and have it back in your bag dry , the day you depart...
it s one of these hg items that are genius, effective, easy to have and hold AND CHEAP at the same time!!
i love this kind of products, i ll never replace this one .NOT EVER!!!

on 4/20/2011 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Love this, I've used them for years! Not for sensitive skin, but quickly takes care of dead skin without the extra step of exfoliating. Hg for ever!

on 10/12/2010 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm surprised so little people reviewed this great product! It's a random accident that leads me to this cloth. I've always been using scrubs and didn't really trust exfoliating gloves, etc. The story started when I purchased the new sweet lemon body scrub, and shea body scrub last 15 mins before the store is closing. The sales just kept on pushing me and putting stuff on my hand. I wasn't aware that these scrubs were for dry skin. I have normal skin and suffers from backacne, and they only made them worse and made my bath tub extremely slipperly. I'm not the type of person who likes to return used skin care stuff. Out of budget, I went to get these towels for $2 instead.

Now on to the towels. They are for people who need some serious scrubbing. If you have dry/ sensitive/ thin skin, do not attempt. They are primarily for body, but hell I use it on my face also (gently). Like other users, I cut this towel in 3 pieces, and 1 piece can last at least 2 months. I guess it can last longer, but I had to throw it out since the threads start running after I cut it. I like to wrap my soap with it, lather, take the soap out, and lather it again. It creates loads of foam (like a bath lily!). I use it just like a bath lily every other day, and my body feels smoother than ever! I learned the bad way that I have to go very gentle on my face while using this thing! But this thing removes my dead skin from my T zone wonderfully! I got one for my boyfriend. He uses it as body scrub and for his chin (suffers from ingrown beard). He likes it and I guess guys will prefer it more than scrubs w/ all sorts of scents?

I definitely will recommend to people with normal to oily skin, and only buy it when it's on sale!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When I saw this at The Body Shop I laughed out loud. These are the towels that my family has been using forever. My mom used to buy these from the Asian grocery store - three in a pack for about $3. They are great because they foam soap up and exfoliate your skin really nicely and then dry completely very quickly, so bacteria don't accumulate. I use this at the gym, and when I'm done showering I pop it into the centrifuge for swimsuits and it's dry in a few seconds!

I'm sure that my genes are mostly responsible for the skin on my body, but I gotta brag a little bit and say that when people accidentally brush up against my arm, they actually recoil in surprise and compliment how soft my skin is. :) I credit using these washcloths my entire life for that.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools