REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]
Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Revlon Matte Lipstick in Fabulous Fig

4.2

I'm NW25 and I have trouble wearing intense lip colour. I love wearing bright/intense eye make up but for some reason intense lip colour can have a tendency to look clown-like on me.

This may not be a true "red" but this the perfect "red-ish" colour for me. I find this lipstick drying so I layer lip balm with it. (Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia works well for me). Even though it is drying, I'm very impressed that it doesn't flake too much.

I don't wear intense lip colour often so this has lasted me a long time. If I run out, I will likely repurchase if it's still available.

on 11/18/2011 2:44:00 PM

I liked the formula and the way it had a decent amount of pigment but the color did not work on me at all. It ended up looking way orange and not nearly as pink / red as it did in some swatches I saw online. I would buy this formula again if they had a color that worked on me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I prefer matte lipsticks over any other finish. So I'm on the fence about this red matte lipstick. I love the formula, but this shade looks more reddish/brown on me, thus making my skin look darker than I appear. Although the color isn't what I'm looking for, it doesn't dry out my lips. I like the matte aluminum packaging, which makes it easier to distinguish between the other Super Lustrous formulas. It has a window on top so that you can see the product. I want to try the other colors in this Revlon lipstick collection, so unfortunately I will not be repurchasing this shade. I hope the other shades work better for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am so surprised by the quality of this lipstick! I've been really loving the new Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last matte lipsticks lately, so I thought I would give these Revlon ones a try since everyone has been going on and on about the texture. And believe me, it does not disappoint! These are way more moisturizing and creamy! Even though they are highly pigmented, they don't dry out my lips at all and the application is so smooth that it feels like putting on a lip balm! This lipstick reminds me a bit of the ELF Mineral Lipsticks (which also coat my lips like a balm) but definitely feels less heavy. "Fabulous Fig" gives me a nice subdued red color because it has tinges of warm brown in it. It brings to mind the lip color I remember on a gorgeous model for an advertisement back in the 90's. I can't recall what the ad was for (some clothing brand, I think) and I don't know the model's name, but the wonderfully classic and womanly look of this color remains the same. I like to dab the lipstick on lightly and then even out the color by smacking my lips together. This allows for a sheerer coat of color that won't look too overdone.

on 9/21/2009 4:43:00 AM

I love this color, that when I tried it on at the drugstore just for fun, I was amazed at how gorgeous it looked(I don't usually wear lipstick). After checking out the reviews here, I knew I had to get it and this is one of my best make up purchases.
It is extremely versatile, it can be lightly applied for that everyday look or more thickly applied for something more dramatic. I have a yellowy-tan Asian tone and this works wonders, especially if you're scared of reds(like I am). What I like about it also is that it lasts such a long time, I'm usually too lazy to reapply. And it fades so beautifully and blends in with my natural lip color. It has absolutely no sparkle or glitter, it looks like your actual lips are that color. Lipsticks for me, have the tendency to look like you're trying to hard, but the whole Revlon lipstick matte line is so smooth and natural