Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]
Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Revlon Matte Lipstick in Fabulous Fig

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I freakin' love this lipstick. I have quite pigmented lips and on me it is a deep deep brown dark red, that is a little vampy on my pale skin tone but I must say I love it. It is a very dramatic lipstick, I'm not really into bright red lipsticks as they don't really suit me so this is perfect. I love matte lipsticks as I hate shiny lips so this is the perfect pop of colour without shine or lustre. I mostly wear it for nights out and if I was more daring I'd wear it in the daytime. The texture is really nice, not drying, goes on evenly and has good staying power (especially as it is matte). It lasts a lot longer than the MAC mattene L/S. For such a cheap lipstick I am really impressed. I also like the fact that when it fades, it fades evenly leaving a tint on your lips so you don't have to constantly keep checking your lips to top up. Would definitely repurchase this as long as it isn't disc.

on 11/30/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm in the not sure department concerning this color. It strayed off into a little too terracotta for me. Not orangey exactly, but slightly more warm on me than neutral. It also is a little brighter than I'm used to dealing with. The name is a little misleading because I've always thought fig to be more like a raisin color more in the burgundy tones. But, this is a mid tone red with some brown and a touch of coral.

Because reds are hard to photograph, none of the swatches above come close to capturing it accurately. I did find someone's flickr photo and this is it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36924584@N00/4556064017/ However, even that photo looks a bit more coral than it actually is. Picture that and make it a little darker and a little less orange. It's not rosey, plummy, berry or anything else people have explained it as. At least, not on me!

But, I may have found a red I can actually wear because most reds turn a dreaded fuchsia on me. Now, I just need to get used to it!

I think a trick to making this more wearable is to make sure you've balanced out the color in your face making sure not to wear plummy or too colorful eyeshadows. Try using gold or golden beige eyeshadow and a neutral blush and I think this lipstick will really look nice for winter.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I completely ignored this shade for so long. Since some fabulous matte shades have been discontinued, I decided to look over the range again to see if I missed any gems. I don't care for the new matte shades that are so hot pink or pale. It's quite a unique shade in the drugstore or high end lipsticks. It goes on like velvet soft and can be layered for more intensity. Certain shades in the matte's just go on my lips so well. Mauve It Over, Really Red, In The Red, Fabulous Fig, and Strawberry Suede. I have Nude Attitude and Smoked Peach, too. While I like the peach shade, it goes on sketchy and drags. Which causes the lipstick to gather in certain places and not be even. Fabulous Fig goes on evenly and lasts forever. I don't use a lip liner with it. I'd describe this as a reddish plum with some natural brown to it. It just depends on your lip tone. On me it can be a rosey neutral brown. If I layer it more then it becomes a rosey plum. I'm sure some people would describe it as burgundy if they have very pigmented lips.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I prefer matte lipsticks over any other finish. So I'm on the fence about this red matte lipstick. I love the formula, but this shade looks more reddish/brown on me, thus making my skin look darker than I appear. Although the color isn't what I'm looking for, it doesn't dry out my lips. I like the matte aluminum packaging, which makes it easier to distinguish between the other Super Lustrous formulas. It has a window on top so that you can see the product. I want to try the other colors in this Revlon lipstick collection, so unfortunately I will not be repurchasing this shade. I hope the other shades work better for me.

on 10/15/2010 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love matte lipsticks, and in my neck of the woods this has been discontinued. Good thing I got backups. This looks darker in the tube, but it goes on as a nice brownish red, not too glam. I love how the case is matte, and it smells nice, too. Why don't makeup companies want to make matte lipsticks? So annoying.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a really great color. Red with a hint of brown. Not too much where It looks really brown, just right. The pigmentation is great, It doesn't seem ds. Staying power is good, lasts a long time without having to reapply. I bought one for my mom as well and she wears It all the time.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love this lippie! Very lush color, a terracotta, warm, slightly reddish brown on me. Flattering and sophisticated, a repurchase for sure.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Im still on the fence about this color. It shows up a very bold orangy-brown on me. My husband said it looks nice but i don't care for it. I love the consistancy & coverage but just not the color.
Edit: gave it one more lippie because it has grown on me the past fall/winter months. As long as i sheer it out over balm it looks really nice. Its also a descent dupe for MAC Del Rio.

on 1/19/2010 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am so glad I read the reviews on this color. I actually had purchased the Wine Not in this line, because the color looked so pretty. However I exchanged it after reading the reviews from the other fair ladies. As others have mentioned this a beautiful reddish brown color, perfect for daytime. Even though this is a matte lipstick, I don't find it drying on my lips.

on 1/9/2010 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

browned down red. Don't like it so much straight from the tube (feels kinda dry on my lips) but has HG status with a quick swipe of Revlon Super Lustrous 'Cherries in the glow' on top. I can create a perfect "pinup girl" mouth. Makes it a perfect MLBB! (I wish I had rosy lips naturally..lol) I just can't get into the matte lips. I may purchase multiple back ups just in case this is discontinued I like it soooo much.