REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]
Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Revlon Matte Lipstick in Fabulous Fig

4.5

on 11/19/2015 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just bought this lipstick today. And i am so blessed to get it!
At first, i was just hanging around at revlon store with no intention to buy anything. And then, i looked at the SL matte lipstick shade mauve it over. The color looks good but when i tried to apply it on my lips, it's too pale for me.

So, the BA came and asked if i want to look at a-browny-red shade. She gave me this. And i'm in love at the first sight with this fabulous fig shade!!!!! I don't know how to describe this lipstick. Its just soooo amazing. I can wear it at day and night. I think this color is more like dark terracotta. Or maybe i'm guessing wrong because i am not a color expert lol. Idc. All i know is, I am so madly in love with this lipstick

on 10/29/2011 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm giving this a good rating because it seems like a quality product that goes on smooth and lasts, but the color itself looks horrible on me. It appears a cool, brownish plum in the tube, but looks dark and drab against my skin. I imagine this would look stunning on someone who is very pale, but against my light-medium olive skin, it reminds me of the drab 90s browns that *everyone* wore, no matter what her skin tone. I will stick to the brighter or richer, truer shades in the line.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because it looked like a near-exact dupe of my go-to (and now discontinued) lipstick of the late 90s, Chanel Matte Raisin. I think I mostly purchased it for nostalgia's sake, but I also really enjoy Revlon's matte lipsticks (well... all of their lipsticks, really). It's funny how tastes change over time, though, because I thought this kind of color looked awesome on me in high school... but now, not so much. It still flatters my coloring, but I find that these matte, vampy colors are a little bit aging. While the formula is nice and the color is well-balanced, I would not re-purchase.

on 1/6/2011 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

On my lips, this is the perfect brick red. In the tube it looks like a berry with a slight pink undertone, but on my NC20 skin, this is the deep reddish brown shade that I have been searching for. Can be drying, so I wear a lip balm underneath.

on 12/28/2010 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Like the previous reviewer, I usually wear brick reds, too. This color on me is like a deep yet subtle and slightly plummy red. It works as a neutral on me, and I find myself coming back to this color again and again. I love that it is a suede-finish matte texture that is surprisingly not drying.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am so surprised by the quality of this lipstick! I've been really loving the new Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last matte lipsticks lately, so I thought I would give these Revlon ones a try since everyone has been going on and on about the texture. And believe me, it does not disappoint! These are way more moisturizing and creamy! Even though they are highly pigmented, they don't dry out my lips at all and the application is so smooth that it feels like putting on a lip balm! This lipstick reminds me a bit of the ELF Mineral Lipsticks (which also coat my lips like a balm) but definitely feels less heavy. "Fabulous Fig" gives me a nice subdued red color because it has tinges of warm brown in it. It brings to mind the lip color I remember on a gorgeous model for an advertisement back in the 90's. I can't recall what the ad was for (some clothing brand, I think) and I don't know the model's name, but the wonderfully classic and womanly look of this color remains the same. I like to dab the lipstick on lightly and then even out the color by smacking my lips together. This allows for a sheerer coat of color that won't look too overdone.

on 6/1/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a perfect red/brown matte lipstick -- when I have worn this, I have been asked if it is Dior or YSL -- and the dropped jaws when you tell people it's Revlon is priceless.

This is a color which I wear a lot in fall/winter -- but if you tan this is a totally usable color with some pink blush and this lippie as a stain.. it is magnificent.

on 2/27/2010 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this colour - a beautiful terracotta red, it is good for everyday wear; it is not too bright a red nor too dark and dramatic.

I usually like to wear this with a golden or light brown on my eyelids. It is creamy, and it is truly matte, which is nice. I like this consistency and it generally seems to last as good as any other lipstick, so the staying power for me is fine. It also doesn't dry out too easily, which is a good feature to any lipstick for me. I plan to try out more of the shades eventually, because this lipstick is one of my favourites.

on 9/21/2009 4:43:00 AM

I love this color, that when I tried it on at the drugstore just for fun, I was amazed at how gorgeous it looked(I don't usually wear lipstick). After checking out the reviews here, I knew I had to get it and this is one of my best make up purchases.
It is extremely versatile, it can be lightly applied for that everyday look or more thickly applied for something more dramatic. I have a yellowy-tan Asian tone and this works wonders, especially if you're scared of reds(like I am). What I like about it also is that it lasts such a long time, I'm usually too lazy to reapply. And it fades so beautifully and blends in with my natural lip color. It has absolutely no sparkle or glitter, it looks like your actual lips are that color. Lipsticks for me, have the tendency to look like you're trying to hard, but the whole Revlon lipstick matte line is so smooth and natural

on 3/6/2009 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

yay! I was finally able to find the matte fig l/s...seems that fig and cocoa craving are hard to find. Longs had a 50% sale so what I great deal. A sophisticated browned-red that's not dark or muddy. Just a great lipstick overall!