Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]
Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Revlon Matte Lipstick in Fabulous Fig

4.5

on 11/18/2011 2:44:00 PM

I liked the formula and the way it had a decent amount of pigment but the color did not work on me at all. It ended up looking way orange and not nearly as pink / red as it did in some swatches I saw online. I would buy this formula again if they had a color that worked on me.

on 9/22/2010 10:40:00 AM

I have to agree with derestwaya exactly! This color looks nice in the package, but when I put it on I get a light brown orange color ( SOOO not flattering ). There is no hint of red whatsoever. I can see where it would look good on someone maybe, but just not me. Glad I bought it at Walmart for only 5 bucks...saved the receipt...cause it's goin' back!

on 11/27/2009 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I hate to be the odd man out but this just didn't work for me. It was so pretty in the tube but on it just looked muddy. The formula isn't bad but that color on my skin was all wrong. Back to the drawing board.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because it looked like a near-exact dupe of my go-to (and now discontinued) lipstick of the late 90s, Chanel Matte Raisin. I think I mostly purchased it for nostalgia's sake, but I also really enjoy Revlon's matte lipsticks (well... all of their lipsticks, really). It's funny how tastes change over time, though, because I thought this kind of color looked awesome on me in high school... but now, not so much. It still flatters my coloring, but I find that these matte, vampy colors are a little bit aging. While the formula is nice and the color is well-balanced, I would not re-purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I find this color to be...powdery. Its a brownish mauve on my lips, but its seems muted and fuzzy, like there's powder in it. I was disappointed, as I love matte and I love the lasting power of it, but the color just isn't right.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Im still on the fence about this color. It shows up a very bold orangy-brown on me. My husband said it looks nice but i don't care for it. I love the consistancy & coverage but just not the color.
Edit: gave it one more lippie because it has grown on me the past fall/winter months. As long as i sheer it out over balm it looks really nice. Its also a descent dupe for MAC Del Rio.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I completely ignored this shade for so long. Since some fabulous matte shades have been discontinued, I decided to look over the range again to see if I missed any gems. I don't care for the new matte shades that are so hot pink or pale. It's quite a unique shade in the drugstore or high end lipsticks. It goes on like velvet soft and can be layered for more intensity. Certain shades in the matte's just go on my lips so well. Mauve It Over, Really Red, In The Red, Fabulous Fig, and Strawberry Suede. I have Nude Attitude and Smoked Peach, too. While I like the peach shade, it goes on sketchy and drags. Which causes the lipstick to gather in certain places and not be even. Fabulous Fig goes on evenly and lasts forever. I don't use a lip liner with it. I'd describe this as a reddish plum with some natural brown to it. It just depends on your lip tone. On me it can be a rosey neutral brown. If I layer it more then it becomes a rosey plum. I'm sure some people would describe it as burgundy if they have very pigmented lips.

on 10/29/2011 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm giving this a good rating because it seems like a quality product that goes on smooth and lasts, but the color itself looks horrible on me. It appears a cool, brownish plum in the tube, but looks dark and drab against my skin. I imagine this would look stunning on someone who is very pale, but against my light-medium olive skin, it reminds me of the drab 90s browns that *everyone* wore, no matter what her skin tone. I will stick to the brighter or richer, truer shades in the line.

I was introduced to the matte range of lipsticks by a friend and absolutely love it. I've gotten another 2 colours in the range since then. Packaging is simple but classic, none of that fancy schmancy detailing trying to look expensive but falling flat and ending up looking cheap. Fabulous Fig is a great introduction to wearing darker/redder lipsticks than you normally do. I've been trying for ages to get used to seeing myself in red lipstick and while a full on red Bobbi Brown Red pout was a tad too shocking for me, Fabulous Fig picks up the pieces of that initial shock because the brick red is just that flattering without being in your face diva-ish. I'm asian and tanned and yellow undertones or whatever that crap is all abt, this works. The only thing is that it felt dry on the lips; it's not drying, it just makes your lips feel dry, if you know what i mean. I'd still get it again if it runs out though. For the price, the pigmentation and easy colour is worth it.

it by a friend and got Fabulous Fig and

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I prefer matte lipsticks over any other finish. So I'm on the fence about this red matte lipstick. I love the formula, but this shade looks more reddish/brown on me, thus making my skin look darker than I appear. Although the color isn't what I'm looking for, it doesn't dry out my lips. I like the matte aluminum packaging, which makes it easier to distinguish between the other Super Lustrous formulas. It has a window on top so that you can see the product. I want to try the other colors in this Revlon lipstick collection, so unfortunately I will not be repurchasing this shade. I hope the other shades work better for me.