REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]

REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]
Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Revlon Matte Lipstick in Fabulous Fig

4.5

I dont usually post on lipsticks, although I buy probably at least one a week, because it is a bizarre addiction, and I only buy cheap ones for this reason. However, this is one.great.lipstick. Most other reviews peg it as a brownish red, the irony, that is what I am always looking for, then decided today to stop looking for the same color over and over and bought what I thought would be a neutral plum/berry type color. On me, it is neither brownish red OR berry. It is very muted, very soft, and rich color, my lips are basically nonpigmented, but this color seems to be the exact color magazines always recommend, the color under your lips (where I finally have color!), but deeper so it definently stands out. Somehow makes lips look fuller too. Reminds me maybe of Twig. It is just dead sexy, but completely below the radar, it doesnt call attention to itself but instead pulls together my coloring in the perfect way. Smooth texture, and it leaves behind a perfectly natural colored stain. Really, really, great color and formula.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Big fan of Revlon matte lippies here-- and this shade is the most versatile for me. Fab Fig is a brownish-rosy-red, a softer version of MAC Viva Glam I, and would work on cool or warm complexions easily. True reds tend to look "hard" on me as I hurtle toward 40, but this shade is autumnal, cozy, and inviting. I just love how the finish is super-matte but the feel is light and not at all drying. Bravo!

on 12/5/2008 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Can I just tell you about the wonderful quality of these?? I've always loved matte lipsticks, and I liked MAC's mattes but have found them a little thick. Revlon colours on with just the right amount of 'crayon' feel - but is completely weightless. I adore that particular texture - as well as the sexy matte black/brushed silver case that closes ever-so-tightly.

Not sure how this Matte version of Fabulous Fig compares to the Colorstay of the same name. They seem near enough under flourescent drugstore lighting! The Matte FF shade looked brownish to me in the tube, but became more of a cool sepia with purple undertones once I put it on. Terrific quality, want more colours!

on 12/23/2010 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have to add to the love for this lipstick. It is more of a soft pinkish mauve on me but very very flattering ... It really is one of my favorite lipsticks.And I am usually a brick red girl so this is a departure for me . As to the texture, I think it is obviously matte but not so dry that you can't work with it. I usually put a layer of balm on first and this goes on like a dream.And when I am wanting to look a little dangerous, I slick some clear gloss on top and it really punctuates the color in a very sexy way.Very good all around lipstick that can be demure or rockin' but never blah.

on 10/26/2011 11:48:00 AM

HG lipstick! I use it more than any others. I love Revlon's mattes because they glide on evenly and don't feel chalky and parched on the lips the way MAC mattes do. I usually don't even have to use balm under this, even though it does give a true velvety, matte finish. An added bonus is that I don't need a lipliner with this-- I can apply it slightly outside the lipline to make my lips look fuller, and it won't migrate or feather at all.

Oh, how I love this color. It's a little plum, a little brown, a little terracotta, sophisticated enough to be a Chanel or a Bobbi Brown. It can be applied lightly for a VERY natural-looking MLBB, or full-on for a soft, velvety, elegant look. I'm a redhead with strong yellow undertones, and this lipstick looks wonderful on me even without other makeup. In fact, it makes me look put together on those days when lipstick is all I have time for. Instant glam!

on 1/14/2010 5:18:00 PM

This is a VERY wearable red. If you're light skinned, yellow undertoned and is having a hard time finding that perfect red shade that won't look scary on your lips, go for this! It's a very toned down slightly brownish red. It has enough of a brown to make the red wearable for everyday looks. I have had friends that wore red lipsticks that make their lips turn orange...not a pretty look. The lipstick is truly matte and glides on to your lips like butter. The key thing with any red lipstick is to keep your lips moist and exfoliated (use a toothbrush and run it across your lips to get rid of dead skin). Red lips can be tricky, but if you do it right, you can create a beautiful look!

on 11/19/2015 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just bought this lipstick today. And i am so blessed to get it!
At first, i was just hanging around at revlon store with no intention to buy anything. And then, i looked at the SL matte lipstick shade mauve it over. The color looks good but when i tried to apply it on my lips, it's too pale for me.

So, the BA came and asked if i want to look at a-browny-red shade. She gave me this. And i'm in love at the first sight with this fabulous fig shade!!!!! I don't know how to describe this lipstick. Its just soooo amazing. I can wear it at day and night. I think this color is more like dark terracotta. Or maybe i'm guessing wrong because i am not a color expert lol. Idc. All i know is, I am so madly in love with this lipstick

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this color! It works very well with my skin tone, which is somewhere between NC 37-40. Not drying, leaves a nice stain on the lips, and has no taste or scent.

Edit: Can be slightly drying when used consistently. Best to apply balm and blot off excess before applying lipstick. It's important to blot beforehand to keep the lipstick from slipping.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because it looked like a near-exact dupe of my go-to (and now discontinued) lipstick of the late 90s, Chanel Matte Raisin. I think I mostly purchased it for nostalgia's sake, but I also really enjoy Revlon's matte lipsticks (well... all of their lipsticks, really). It's funny how tastes change over time, though, because I thought this kind of color looked awesome on me in high school... but now, not so much. It still flatters my coloring, but I find that these matte, vampy colors are a little bit aging. While the formula is nice and the color is well-balanced, I would not re-purchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm not really a lipstick person,but I have found gold in this lipstick color!On me it looks like a muted red/berry color.Like all matte lipsticks it can be drying and hard to apply.I always use lip balm no matter what lip product I wear and for a matte lipstick I think lip balm is a must.I first apply a balm and lip liner to fill in my lips and use a lip brush to apply the lipstick so I can build up the color as I want.It also lasts longer that way on me.I got two at a BOGO,but If need be I would have paid full price for them because they are great lipsticks once you find a shade that works for you.