REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]
Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Revlon Matte Lipstick in Fabulous Fig

4.1

on 11/30/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm in the not sure department concerning this color. It strayed off into a little too terracotta for me. Not orangey exactly, but slightly more warm on me than neutral. It also is a little brighter than I'm used to dealing with. The name is a little misleading because I've always thought fig to be more like a raisin color more in the burgundy tones. But, this is a mid tone red with some brown and a touch of coral.

Because reds are hard to photograph, none of the swatches above come close to capturing it accurately. I did find someone's flickr photo and this is it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36924584@N00/4556064017/ However, even that photo looks a bit more coral than it actually is. Picture that and make it a little darker and a little less orange. It's not rosey, plummy, berry or anything else people have explained it as. At least, not on me!

But, I may have found a red I can actually wear because most reds turn a dreaded fuchsia on me. Now, I just need to get used to it!

I think a trick to making this more wearable is to make sure you've balanced out the color in your face making sure not to wear plummy or too colorful eyeshadows. Try using gold or golden beige eyeshadow and a neutral blush and I think this lipstick will really look nice for winter.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I prefer matte lipsticks over any other finish. So I'm on the fence about this red matte lipstick. I love the formula, but this shade looks more reddish/brown on me, thus making my skin look darker than I appear. Although the color isn't what I'm looking for, it doesn't dry out my lips. I like the matte aluminum packaging, which makes it easier to distinguish between the other Super Lustrous formulas. It has a window on top so that you can see the product. I want to try the other colors in this Revlon lipstick collection, so unfortunately I will not be repurchasing this shade. I hope the other shades work better for me.

on 1/6/2011 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

On my lips, this is the perfect brick red. In the tube it looks like a berry with a slight pink undertone, but on my NC20 skin, this is the deep reddish brown shade that I have been searching for. Can be drying, so I wear a lip balm underneath.

on 12/28/2010 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Like the previous reviewer, I usually wear brick reds, too. This color on me is like a deep yet subtle and slightly plummy red. It works as a neutral on me, and I find myself coming back to this color again and again. I love that it is a suede-finish matte texture that is surprisingly not drying.

on 10/15/2010 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love matte lipsticks, and in my neck of the woods this has been discontinued. Good thing I got backups. This looks darker in the tube, but it goes on as a nice brownish red, not too glam. I love how the case is matte, and it smells nice, too. Why don't makeup companies want to make matte lipsticks? So annoying.

Revlon is one of my favorite brands. Their color selection is brilliant and the quality is unbeatable---I'm not even qualifying with "in the price range." This is another beautiful color. Subdued and sophisticated. Revlon's Matte lipsticks really hold up without the yucky feeling of the long lasting lip colors.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Im still on the fence about this color. It shows up a very bold orangy-brown on me. My husband said it looks nice but i don't care for it. I love the consistancy & coverage but just not the color.
Edit: gave it one more lippie because it has grown on me the past fall/winter months. As long as i sheer it out over balm it looks really nice. Its also a descent dupe for MAC Del Rio.

on 11/27/2009 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I hate to be the odd man out but this just didn't work for me. It was so pretty in the tube but on it just looked muddy. The formula isn't bad but that color on my skin was all wrong. Back to the drawing board.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love the quality of the lipstick. FF looks like a better & brighter version of my natural lip color. Very nice.