Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jumpin' Jade

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jumpin' Jade
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri -- Jumpin' Jade

Pros:
Wider brush lays polish more evenly.
Thicker polish, only needs one good coat.
Dries very quickly.
Very chip resistant.

Cons:
Stains the nails (in my experience).

on 1/26/2011 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is one of my favorite polish colors of all time. It is a chic color perfect for autumn and winter and it is a shade that I think would compliment many skin tones. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I don't mind the brush. True, it is a bit large which does make it tricky since I have small hands and nails. But it doesn't take a genius to figure the brush out. It dries very quickly, doesn't take a lot of work to remove and doesn't chip easily, at least in my experience. I echo the opinion that this is a good green polish for people who are afraid of trying greens. This isn't a screaming, obnoxious green but a rather dark, sophisticated color that won't make you cringe to wear it at the office.

on 1/10/2011 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

In the right light it looks great, but too often it looks black. If it was a couple of clicks lighter I'd love it.

on 12/2/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

i bought this as an unexpected holiday color. it is a pretty dark green color and it is shimmery and festive. i am not a fan of green but this is chic.

I love love love this color!!!!! So pretty! It really compliments fair skin tones like mine. It dries really fast, which is great because I always seem to move too early before other polishes are completely dry. Great product and beautiful color!!

The deep green color & quick dry ability are the only things even remotely redeeming a/b this polish. The wide wand & brush makes for extremely awkward application; having used traditional polish w/a "regular" brush for the last 25+ years, I've developed a system for how best to apply it (as I'm sure most people have!) & this brush just feels "weird" to use. I tried using it 3 different times before finally accepting this style brush is simply not for me - maybe if you can master the brush you'll feel differently.

I also found it's EXTREMELY difficult to fully remove from my nails (even with a basecoat layer) & my skin/cuticles (which inevitably get painted as a result of the damn brush!) I agree w/others that you could get away w/one coat, but it will chip w/in a day or two, even with a topcoat. All in all, it's yet another example of a product that sounds great in theory (One coat fast dry application with state of the art brush!) but fails to perform in reality.

Love the wide, curved brush but hate the rectangular wand it is attached to----extremely difficult to wipe off excess polish from a straight edge onto the rounded lip of the bottle. That aside, the color is beautiful but does not wear well. Less than two days and I've got chipped tips---not worn tips, but chipped. Best used for one-day wear only.

on 4/8/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I hate greens, and this is no exception. I know everyone seems to love this colour, but I really hate it. The formula is gloppy as well although I do like the wide flat brush. Definitely not a repurchase, especially in this colour

The color is truly gorgeous. If you are afraid of greens, this is a nice color to test drive. And test drive you will, because it will chip badly within a day or two, making it extremely temporary. Application was a snap with such a wide brush. The formula supplies full coverage with just one coat and dried super fast, especially when using OPI's Drip Dry. So, if you need to slap a beautiful shade on for a night out and not worry about multiple coats and drying time, this is a great choice. Just don't expect it to stay intact for more than two days.

on 3/16/2010 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I waffled on buying this color for a long time. Greens are generally outside my comfort zone, but eventually I decided to try it. As soon as I put in on I was glad I got it. The color I find actually very understated, but also funky and fun. Once you notice it, it's really pretty, but someone could just as easily overlook it; it doesn't call attention to itself. Anyway, it's a lovely emerald green with just enough frost not to make it look boring, and I can easily see this working in any season, though I'll probably use it most in the fall and winter.

Popular Polishes