Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage
airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageCoty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageairspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.5

on 8/31/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This powder has been around forever and there is a reason for that!!! Never tried it in the past, thinking it would make my skin feel dry. I'm a combo, with oily T-zone, made worse by the New Orleans summer heat and humidity. Well I bought this powder in Honey Beige, since the Translucent wasn't available. Wowza!!! I am using Avon Anew 2 in 1 compact foundation, which is also prone to problems with the heat and humidity. Today I used the Anew day cream, the Anew foundation and pressed on the Coty powder, then buffed with a rounded kabuki (ELF). My makeup hasn't looked this good or natural since I don't know when.

Will post again later in the day as to how it holds up in the heat and humidity. I must say that my skin doesn't feel dry or tight at all. Thanks for reading.

UPDATE: 12 hours after applying foundation and Coty I had very minimal shine on my forehead. This I can live with!!! I'm gonna love this oldie but goodie!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- oil control
- lots of product

CONS

- scent
- can be drying
- looks powdery

COMMENTS: I find this can be drying, so it's best used with a more hydrating base. I can't stand the scent, so it makes it harder to bake with because I just end up inhaling so much of it. I prefer my colorless Ben Nye and RCMA powders, as they look more natural and don't look like powder at all.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I think every woman including my mother had this powder in the 80s. I remember seeing the large container everywhere. I'm surprised I never bought this until now. I never see it in stores because its not sold near the makeup! Why do they sell this in the nail department? I found it at Walmart near the Sally Hansen display. Don't blink because you will miss it. I guess Coty only sells this powder and that is it. There was a tiny display of four random powders on the ground level shelf. The price was only $6 for such a large container. I picked up the shade Translucent Extra Coverage. This is the BEST powder for my very oily skin. In fact, maybe too good! This powder is ultra matte coverage. I do not have oil show through ever when I wear this and no powder ever has given me full shine free coverage all day long. I can't get over the performance of this powder. My skin tends to get so oily that I usually use a powder foundation and top it off with a setting powder. All of my other setting powders leave me oily at about noon time and I need to reapply. When I apply Coty over my powder foundation, I stay shine free all day without needing to touch up. I tested this with a liquid foundation as well. Now with liquids, I get pretty shiny almost immediately, about two hours after initial application so I always need to carry a setting powder with me to blot during the day. I set my liquid foundation with Coty and I stayed matte for the entire night I was out (about 8 hours) without needing to blot! For the record, this is the very first time ever that I didn't need to blot throughout the night after setting a liquid foundation. This is winter so I'm hoping this powder will perform just as well during the summer. I would love for Coty to come out with a compact form to be able to carry on the go.

Overall: A+ Performance
Sensitivities: 0 (no rashes, breakouts or itchiness)
Cost: Affordable @ under six bucks
Texture & Finish: Very finely milled with a high end luxurious feel. Matte finish without the white cast.

on 5/3/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Wonderful powder!!! Great staying power! Smell is retro/floral. Only warning is I need the honey toned translucent powder for my olive skin tone, wich is difficult to find. When I tried the more universal tone it muddled my foundation leaving me look very "cakefaced".

I remember my mom wearing this EVERY DAY, and despite some of the reviews I've read on mua, I really enjoy the scent. It is pure nostalgia every time I get a whiff of Coty Airspun. On to the product: I really love how it actually gives me very light coverage, and it neutralizes my redness around my nose and my purplish acne scars. It keeps oil from melting my makeup off, as well as setting my foundation and giving my face a pretty, flawless finish. I don't use too much so as not to appear 100% "done up" but I find a little goes a long way. I don't use this every day....sometimes I use Almay pressed powder, sometimes bareMinerals Mineral Veil, and the reason for that is Coty Airspun is not very lightweight and some days I don't like the feeling of full on makeup on my face. But for times when I get dressed up and want to look extra pretty, I reach for Coty and I'm glad to have it in my arsenal. It's also a very silky texture... I love the consistency. The formula is so soft, and the scent is soft and so distinct to me. And it lasts F O R E V E R!!! So look at the repurchase rate on makeupalley...90% and climbing. That should speak volumes to you about it's quality & success.

on 8/11/2014 10:32:00 AM

I decided to give this a try after reading other reviews here on MakeupAlley. The unscented formula was not offered in my local Walgreens so I hesitantly picked up the scented one. I have to say, I think the scent is pleasant and it is not overpowering at all. It's definitely a floral based scent that's very feminine and almost glam-vintage.

I have been using this powder with a brush to set my undereye concealer and it does a great job. As well I use the powder puff to set my foundation primarily in the t-zone area (I actually use the Boots No. 7 Tinted Moisturizer for a light foundation) This gives me a fantastic balance and shine control with a flawless finish and I'll definitely be keeping it in my morning regime.

I really like that they updated the case to plastic. I've had other translucent powders in cardboard and have experienced some mishaps, lol. The plastic feels like it will withstand a lot more handling. And at a cost of $7-$8 bucks it's a steal.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Falling in Love is how I would describe it . I USE this religiously after apply my mineral make up and I can't say enough as I been using it since I was a teenager and now in my mid 20's . I am thinking that I can't find nothing better and if I do I sure will always come back to this as I love that it doesn't clog my skin and seals the foundation and is clear if you're doing the nude look . It was back in the day like under $2 and it got more popular and is now $6-7 at local stores . I don't appreciate that my cheap makeup keeps going high but if it goes up to $10 I will totally freak out because that is messed up . I even told the company to stop hacking prices up when I send them the email they did send me a free sample . So, if you have a love for something you know it was cheaper back in the day . Just write to the company and tell them how much you love the product and who knows you might get a freebee . I keep the little containers and found to use lose change or stuff in there for my purse . Don't throw out the case there classic and perfect for on the go . Hope helped some new fans of this product .

on 11/12/2012 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this powder. I have very oily skin, and it keeps my t-zone pretty oil free. I might need to bolt it off at the end of my work day, but it lasts the 10 hour day just fine. The smell is a little old lady like, but I don't mind it at all, and once it's on and buffed in, it goes away. It can get cakey, so in those cases, I'll spritz some of my ELF mist and set over and it's fine. I will definitely cross the border, to repurchase. Probably not for awhile, for a little dab will do you :)