Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.4

I took away a lippie because of the cheap packaging... BUT this powder is the best I've tried. It's 9pm and I have a completely matte face... Even after working a sweaty 8 hour shift. No joke. Huge difference from the cheap stuff I always used to use - I guess that means I can ditch the "purse powder" idea because I won't need to touch this stuff up, it lasts all day. I also noticed that my undereye area concealer did not crease at all. Incredible. It set perfectly with this powder. Poreless finish too. I wasn't sure about the scent at first, but now I love it. It's a vintage powder scent. This is definitely a holy grail face powder. I can't see myself ever using anything else now. I plan on recommending it to everyone.

on 5/30/2018 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Best powder I’ve ever used, hands down. Unlike others, I love the scent (L’Origan). I don’t use powder over foundation anymore, but now I use it as a foundation in the summer. I live in a desert climate and summers are very hot, and this fine-milled powder doesn’t melt. Love it to bits.

on 5/30/2018 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is by far the best powder ive ever used. It goes on a like a dream with my mac face and body foundation! It makes my foundation last longer and the finish is just natural almost like second skin. The only down side is yes you guessed it the AWFUL SMELL it reminds me of my grandma’s powder back in the day. Overall I love it! One tub will definitely last you ages. Will defi

on 4/17/2018 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! HG status for sure. I have repurchased this at least 10 times. It is easy to purchase, can be found on Amazon for Canadians and pretty much any drug store in US. Cheap for A LOT of product. The downside is the packaging, however, the puff is a great addition. Extra coverage is my go-to. Keeps me HELLA matte all summer which is a necessity. Every oily skin gal needs this!

on 3/31/2018 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Update 2018--
This is a good powder but not the best, not even at the drugstore. If you use bb creams or very thin liquidy base products, and you have light to light-medium skin, this powder will be excellent for you to use around the face. But if your base is just good and it's thicker than a thin liquid, I find this powder just adds a bit too much heaviness; not quite as apparent as when you use a full coverage powder foundation on top of a full coverage liquid, but close. This is good at controlling oiliness, and I often use it for that, applied only on the T zone. For setting at the drugstore I far prefer Maybelline Shine free loose powder, and if I want something completely transparent, the NYX HD silica powder.

-------'''-------'------------'
Old review

I like this as a finishing powder for my tzone.

It has some oil control and legit makes my skin look what I call creamy matte. Its not chalky at all. I've even grown to like the scent because it reminds me of my grandma and there's that vintage appeal to the brand and product. I also like the art on the cap with all the mini puffs.

I don't like this powder for under the eyes with my usual application with a crease brush. I find it makes my fine lines more obvious. I prefer Maybelline Shine Free loose Powder in Light or NYX HD loose Silica powder for that area. Its great for the face though.

I'm NC 42 in Mac and I can still use this to set most of my face. It has a warm beige tint but it's translucent enough by the time I'm done applying it with a puff or fluffy brush it has blended in, though it DOES slightly change my foundation color. It looks good anyway and I always put blush and bronzer on top. Anyone NC 45 and above should steer clear of this, unless topping with a colored powder like Patrick Star does.

This hasn't broken me out or flared my acne in any way. And surprisingly I haven't had any allergies to the fragrance. It's a finely milled, pore blurring, affordable powder. Of course if you can afford something just as good, but fragrance free and with better packaging then by all means do that, but if you are on a strict budget ( or a vintage product lover) this powder delivers. The quality is there, it's just that it's messy.

Would recommend to anyone with a skintone NC 43 and below. I would repurchase. Even more so if they change the packaging. Took a lippie off for that.

I tried this at least ten times before writing this review because I wanted to like this as much as my favorite youtuber Tati Westbrook, however, my face was incredibly cakey with each application no matter how light the application. It looks great for a couple hours but falls apart and becomes a cakey mess soon after. No thank you. I will stick to CoverFx Matte powder and Makeup Forever Matte powder. Peaches Power is next on my list!

on 1/11/2018 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail alert. I bought this because I almost run out of my Laura Mercier translucent and have heard so many good things about this powder so I gave it a go. I am glad I did! I use it everyday on myself and other people too when I do their makeup. It makes your skin look smooth and flawless. After foundation, I use this with a soft and fluffy brush.

If your skin is very very oily like mine, you will love this! It also is cheap and so much product in a jar. Many people complain that it smells like grandma's perfume or old lady's makeup. I love it. Afterall, vintage makeup is very refreshing and always been interesting. The scent reminds me of those happy old days when I played with my mother's makeup. And when you have it on your face, the smell disappears anyway. Don't be such a bitch complaining about everything. lol This powder is tops!
I will definitely repurchase soon!

on 1/4/2018 4:06:00 PM

I've been using this off and on for over 30 years.. I'm 48 yo, combo skin, and even though I have a drawer full of loose and compact powders from Laura Mercier, MAC, NARS, Becca, Chanel, Urban Decay, Too Faced etc etc, nothing gives me an airbrushed finish, with amazing oil control like Coty Air spun. I don't bake, nor do I pack it on thick at my age, but I do use a large fluffy brush and blend into my t zone, (or if I need extra longevity that day I might use a damp beauty blender and pat a bit on some extra oily areas) and all over my nose and chin. I some times will use a light layer PRIOR to my foundation application, and it just gives your foundation so much more longevity. I normally use MAC Face and Body, or Becca Aqua Luminous foundations, since these aren't full coverage foundations, the Coty oomphs the coverage without looking cakey.. I always have a container on hand, and always will! Definitely recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My newest obsession. Patrickstarrr taught me to set my face with this and a damp beauty blender to even out acne scars/texture on his YouTube channel. While it's not a total miracle and my skin doesnt look PERFECT, it does an amazing job at evening the texture for sure. I am so impressed. Keeps me matte all day also. Not a fan of the fragrance, but it doesn't last long luckily. I have oily skin and I would imagine that for as matte as this is, people with dry skin wouldn't benefit from this product much. I will definitely keep using this.

Let me just start by saying that this powder is great! I was recommended it by a friend, and I am so glad that I bought it. There's a lot of product so you get a lot of bang for your buck. Upon opening the product I did notice that there was a perfume smell that reminded me some of an elderly lady but it goes away in time. I'm a huge fan of the puff that comes with the powder, it's great to set your make up with. This product is especially good for baking, and for $5.97 you can't get much better. Like any loose powder there can be quite a mess. Before using it on my face I put some on my hand to swatch the shade and I was amazed by the coverage of it, quite a bit of coverage for a loose powder. I was hoping that it would live up to the hype that the youtube beauty gurus give.. and it DID! Love this product and I believe it will be my new powder routine!